Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

AD07 wrote: »
    Oh really I emailed HR Last week about fitness test and just get the standard email so annoying they don’t give any info

It’s only fitness tests for student guards at the moment, once they get through them they should be opening dates for applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

It’s only fitness tests for student guards at the moment, once they get through them they should be opening dates for applicants

Oh I see perfect thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I assumed it would be the same fitness test that we done initially? With a swimming element added?

There's no swimming test.

Another week down which means another week closer to getting information 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Hello, does anyone know the trainees that are in Templemore now? How many months they have left until they are qualified. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

As I’ve said that in another thread: while I absolutely understand how frustrating and soul destroying this limbo is, I really don’t think emailing the head of HRM’s HR is going to get any of us anywhere.

It’s going to send the wrong impression It’s going to make you look impatient and demanding, not traits they will look too kindly upon.

I know you’re all in limbo and I know it’s torture ticking the year off Friday by Friday, but I do genuinely believe they’re as much in the dark about things as us right now - covid tossed any plans or structure they might have had out the proverbial window, and with the numbers rising again, everything they’re even doing right now with the 201s in Templemore is hanging by a thread.

Just think it through before you do/send something that you can’t take back.

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s unfair of us to expect some sort of information, surely they have a plan of some sort and they must have some guidance for us.

We’re all hoping to be on the next intake whenever that may be but even if they could tell us WHO will be on the next intake or the following intake we could at least get our affairs in order.

I was certainly not rude or demanding in the email I sent the HR manager and I don’t suggest for a second that anyone writes a snotty email.

What I would like to see is Alan Mulligan getting a few emails from us waiting and maybe issue some sort of ‘press release’ to us giving us a bit of reassurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

This is the exact email I sent

Dear Mr Mulligan,

My name is Xxxxxxxx and I currently have an active application for An Garda Síochána from the 2018 recruitment campaign.

Please forgive for accosting you in this manner via email but I feel I need to make every effort to ensure my application remains a consideration for a role within AGS.

I have spoken with Hr department a number of times over the last year for updates on my file only to have the same response that "my file is undergoing final checks" with no new information given.

This is why have chosen to take a risk and contact you directly with a glimmer of hope that you may bare mercy on me and take a moment to look into my file.

Since I have been eligible to apply for a career within AGS at the age of 18 I have gone through four recruitment campaigns to pursue something that I know I am designed for and I would be eternally grateful if any new information could be shed on my situation.

I recently missed out on an offer for the upcoming June intake and unfortunately, I am no longer eligible based on my age of 36 to re-apply for any future recruitment campaigns which is why I feel the need to pursue any avenue to push my application forward.

I absolutely appreciate that there is a system in place and I have no business to question that procedure, I hope you don't find this email disrespectful as it certainly is not intended to be.

Again, Mr Mulligan I must apologize for taking your time but I would be very grateful for any information you may be able to share with me.

Is mise le meas,

interesting to see what response, if any, you get to that :p

St. Westy wrote: »

This was the response it got

Dear Applicant,

We refer to your email below.

We advise that your file is progressing and has been sent to the office of the Commissioner for final review.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards,

It’s certainly better than the automated responses

They also sent this

Dear Applicant,

We acknowledge your email with thanks.

The vetting stage has been completed and the file is under going review.

Kind regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

As I’ve said that in another thread: while I absolutely understand how frustrating and soul destroying this limbo is, I really don’t think emailing the head of HRM’s HR is going to get any of us anywhere.

It’s going to send the wrong impression It’s going to make you look impatient and demanding, not traits they will look too kindly upon.

I know you’re all in limbo and I know it’s torture ticking the year off Friday by Friday, but I do genuinely believe they’re as much in the dark about things as us right now - covid tossed any plans or structure they might have had out the proverbial window, and with the numbers rising again, everything they’re even doing right now with the 201s in Templemore is hanging by a thread.

Just think it through before you do/send something that you can’t take back.

Hello, does anyone know the trainees that are in Templemore now? How many months they have left until they are qualified. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

At least you got a positive update. So you should be first in the queue in the next intake.

Dear Applicant,

We advise that your file is progressing and has been sent to the office of the Commissioner for final review.

Kind regards,

At least you got a positive update. So you should be first in the queue in the next intake.

I’d like to think that I will be but I have no idea if I’m in the top 75 (if that’s all they’re taking at a time) , it would be great if they could at least let us know if you’ll be included in the next intake whenever it may be or the one after or the one after etc

Are people training for the fitness tests?

From my own perspective, I'll be applying for the first time on the next wave.

Taking doing so extremely seriously and have read several hundred pages of threads from the various campaigns and stages.

Those of you who have been waiting for years in some cases, have my utmost respect, and if there is one thing I have learned through all of my reading here, it is to expect communication to be extremely poor from the start of the process to the finish.

It is definitely something which is unduly hard on applicants, to the point at times it seems they intend it to be so, perhaps to root out all but the most interested. Good luck to all of you waiting, I sincerely hope you get through those gates !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Dear Applicant,

Kind regards,

Thats great news you are in then. If its with the commissioner you next on the list to be called up. unless something crops up. btw id take your above email down asap.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Are people training for the fitness tests?

Yes for months. but I wasn't even close to the pct requirements so needed all that time. I'm sure others are well ahead before starting to train. I've heard a lot fail the beep more than anything I think people underestimate the beep test.

Yes for months. but I wasn't even close to the pct requirements so needed all that time. I'm sure others are well ahead before starting to train. I've heard a lot fail the beep more than anything I think people underestimate the beep test.

Ya I failed the push pull and so that’s the area I’m working on

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

anybody get any updates this morning?
    looks like it's another Friday gone with no news again...
    this waiting around for updates is driving me mad.

Gazza434 wrote: »
    anybody get any updates this morning?
    looks like it's another Friday gone with no news again...
    this waiting around for updates is driving me mad.

Anyone I know who got offers in the past all got their email late in the afternoon,, still hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

lads I am not trying to burst anyones bubble but I emailed during the week and I was informed that medicals and fitness test are postponed due to covid.

With the current increase in cases and dublin more less in lockdown i cant see anything happening until January hopefully.

If only they would send us and email outlining what is going on and where we stand 2018,2019 competition's, especially people who have everything completed and are just waiting.

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    lads I am not trying to burst anyones bubble but I emailed during the week and I was informed that medicals and fitness test are postponed due to covid.

With the current increase in cases and dublin more less in lockdown i cant see anything happening until January hopefully.

If only they would send us and email outlining what is going on and where we stand 2018,2019 competition's, especially people who have everything completed and are just waiting.

Who did you email

Who did you email

Dublin.

Dublin.

Oh right ok I emailed yesterday and they just said they would be in contact in due course

ah ya, but that's been the way for the last few months that everything has been postponed due to covid. i had my physical in february and had a retest scheduled for march. and they sent out an email in march stating that all has been postponed due to covid. ive emailed them a couple times since march but all i have gotten back is a generic response,
    "currently, we do not have any further updates regarding dates for physical competency tests. we will be in touch with you in due course."
    im hopeful we will get some notification between now and the end of this month, have the physical in october, medical in november and then be waiting on final checks etc.
    with a potential start date some time next jear in jan/feb. id be assuming.

Oh right ok I emailed yesterday and they just said they would be in contact in due course

I've been getting that generic email since 2019. When will that be ? How long away ? They would really wanna make more of an effort and contact us to let us know the current situation regarding our applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

ah ya, but that's been the way for the last few months that everything has been postponed due to covid. i had my physical in february and had a retest scheduled for march. and they sent out an email in march stating that all has been postponed due to covid. ive emailed them a couple times since march but all i have gotten back is a generic response,
    "currently, we do not have any further updates regarding dates for physical competency tests. we will be in touch with you in due course."
    im hopeful we will get some notification between now and the end of this month, have the physical in october, medical in november and then be waiting on final checks etc.
    a start date of mid next year or sep would be more realistic, i wouldnt be putting my hopes on anything for jan/feb, if you havnt everything completed

My medical is up since September and I was told that you get a letter to be signed by your gp for a 6 month extension but I have yet to receive one. I asked and go the same geneic response we all got.

a start date of mid next year or sep would be more realistic, i wouldnt be putting my hopes on anything for jan/feb, if you havnt everything completed

ya thats true. this waiting tho is a serious annoyance.
    fair play to everyone who is still waiting and being optimistic anyways. :D

• Advertisement

I've been getting that generic email since 2019. When will that be ? How long away ? They would really wanna make more of an effort and contact us to let us know the current situation regarding our applications

very little communication + effort is made, its a long waiting game.
    hopefully itll be worth it in the end. :P :D

Advertisement