Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

At this stage there will be no new intakes for 2020.(this is due to social distancing in College)

Intakes 201,202, 193 & 203 need to be sorted first.max the college can cater at a time is 150.

The propose plan is to have 6 intakes 2021.

21(1) - 150 intake starting 04/01/21
    21(2) - 75 intake starting 01/03/21
    21 (3) - 150 intake starting 03/05/21

Phase 1: consist of new training programme
    3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

I always thought phase 1 was 34 weeks long... how have the squashed that into 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Phase 2 is 16 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    I always thought phase 1 was 34 weeks long... how have the squashed that into 20?

They changed the training model temporarily to account for distancing etc. in the college. Last two intakes did same schedule

3 weeks online
    1 week in the college
    16 weeks in a station
    12 weeks in the college

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

At this stage there will be no new intakes for 2020.(this is due to social distancing in College)

Intakes 201,202, 193 & 203 need to be sorted first.max the college can cater at a time is 150.

3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

For the good of everyone on this forum, we need to know your source of this information :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

... Charlie Swa ...

Registered boards user since 26/09/2020
    One registered forum post in total

Hope I am wrong but this looks fishy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

i cant see anything online about this new proposed plan for 2021 intakes..
    i have searched through the commissioner monthly reports and anything related to any recent garda news i could find.

@Charlie Swa
    where did you get this information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

AD07 wrote: »
    Are people thinking all these lockdowns in Dublin Donegal etc are going to effect intakes, PCTs and medicals?

Even without the lockdown how would they do the sit ups where someone is supposed to hold your ankles. No distancing possible and you breathing all over someone. So I can't see how they can even do the pcts unless they remove that requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Great news if true. If they are planning an intake in January 2021 then they will surely have fitness tests in 2020. I hope this isn't a wind up.

That’s what I’m thinking too with fitness tests

Even without the lockdown how would they do the sit ups where someone is supposed to hold your ankles. No distancing possible and you breathing all over someone. So I can't see how they can even do the pcts unless they remove that requirement.

we will still have to do it, cant see them removing part of the test. but then again youd never know.
    when they are doing the testing we will have to wear face masks im assuming when in close contact esp fro the pushup/situp part. you migth not have to wear the mask for the beep test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Any good links for commissioner reports etc?

Anyone that has any good Garda information Links I’d be grateful if you could share them

• Advertisement

Anyone that has any good Garda information Links I’d be grateful if you could share them

https://www.garda.ie/en/Information-Centre/Commissioner-s-Monthly-Reports-to-Policing-Authority/

Gazza434 wrote: »

Thanks for that,

Does the minister for justice come out with any useful info that you know of?

usually on garda.ie 4to5 days after the meeting. Next 1 is 30th. Just expect very little info on recruitment.

usually on garda.ie 4to5 days after the meeting. Next 1 is 30th. Just expect very little info on recruitment.

Just reading through the report now,,

“ 82 were offered a place for the intake in May of which 75 accepted , 79 were offered a place for the intake in June and again 75 accepted””

Is the max figure of 75 just a number we’ve created amongst ourselves??

Why would they offer positions on an intake to 82 and 79 people? Seems a bit odd unless they were expecting people to reject it- very strange all together

Just reading through the report now,,

“ 82 were offered a place for the intake in May of which 75 accepted , 79 were offered a place for the intake in June and again 75 accepted””

Is the max figure of 75 just a number we’ve created amongst ourselves??

Why would they offer positions on an intake to 82 and 79 people? Seems a bit odd unless they were expecting people to reject it- very strange all together

I think it reads wrong tbh. They offered 75- 71 accepted, they offered an additional 4 - 4 accepted =75. so there were 79 offers but just 75 places. I think sure it doesnt matter anyway lol.

The budget in a few weeks should state how many will be recruited should it?

The budget in a few weeks should state how many will be recruited should it?

its certainly something to watch, as per the commissioners report there is no plan for a recruitment campaign in the near future so hopefully that means good news for all of us who have completed the recruitment campaign and are just waiting for an intake

hi all, please see attached
    what does the red colouring near garda recruitment mean?
    also garda staff recruitment is in amber.
    they seem to be applying a red amber green status, is this what they inyend to do or not do in the upcoming future?

hi all, please see attached
    what does the red colouring near garda recruitment mean?
    also garda staff recruitment is in amber.
    they seem to be applying a red amber green status, is this what they inyend to do or not do in the upcoming future?

I asked an serving inspector this question and he said , Green means its in progress, amber means scheduled for commencement and red means no current date for commencement

if you go back through the commissioner reports to june they had garda and staff (civilian staff) recruitment down as amber but now its changed to red, by his accounts it means they've shelved any further recruitment campaigns for the moment

It’s better for us that there’s no recruitment I’m guessing that means people waiting will be called first

• Advertisement

It’s better for us that there’s no recruitment I’m guessing that means people waiting will be called first

I would hope so, we also don't need HR and vetting getting bogged down with new applications as selfish as it may sound

I asked an serving inspector this question and he said , Green means its in progress, amber means scheduled for commencement and red means no current date for commencement

if you go back through the commissioner reports to june they had garda and staff (civilian staff) recruitment down as amber but now its changed to red, by his accounts it means they've shelved any further recruitment campaigns for the moment

oh perfect thats good news so for the likes of us who are still in this recruitment programme.
    hopefully ill get a date for the physical retest + medical soon enough.
    have you all stages complete or what stage are you at?
    things might actually be looking up so if they have shelved all new recruit drives, it will give the hr team time to process us through. all be it with constant interference from covid-19.

oh perfect thats good news so for the likes of us who are still in this recruitment programme.
    hopefully ill get a date for the physical retest + medical soon enough.
    have you all stages complete or what stage are you at?
    things might actually be looking up so if they have shelved all new recruit drives, it will give the hr team time to process us through. all be it with constant interference from covid-19.

the time line for a January intake seems to fit with what's going on with the current intakes, if the theory for January is correct they should be starting PCT and medicals again soon, i would imagine it depends on how may people are due to do them but surly by November at least, the more people that need to do them to sooner they'll get started (again just theory).

Im banging on a lot of doors from Guards to Sergeants, inspectors and former chief supers for info so take what you want from this, honestly no one actually knows anything but pieces of information are starting to fall into place

I've passed everything but expecting to have to re-do the medical because it was March (or May, cant actually remember now) 2019 when I last did it so it should be expired by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

Feeling a bit more optimistic this week. Keep the information coming in guys

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Guys the information here is great, and I really hope some of it is true, but the fact is with covid cases on the rise it's stopping any chances of new intakes, pct medical etc. So I think the most important thing right now is to really advise all friends and family to follow public health advice because the sooner cases fall and restrictions eased more and more the better chances of everyone waiting will get to complete the stages that they are waiting to do.

Guys the information here is great, and I really hope some of it is true, but the fact is with covid cases on the rise it's stopping any chances of new intakes, pct medical etc. So I think the most important thing right now is to really advise all friends and family to follow public health advice because the sooner cases fall and restrictions eased more and more the better chances of everyone waiting will get to complete the stages that they are waiting to do.

well said !!! Covid and the high numbers are going to play a huge part in AGS decision making process.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

well said !!! Covid and the high numbers are going to play a huge part in AGS decision making process.

Absolutely and unfortunately right now the country as a whole is not on the right path. For AGS they are not going to risk running pct or classes with trainees from all parts of the country, it would be absolute chaos if there was an outbreak in the college. I just believe the best all hopeful trainees can do at the moment is play their part in spreading the message of the public health team and we will get on the other side of this.

if fairness to the poor b*stards they're not forgetting about us!

they really are very busy !

COVID-19 Garda National Vetting Bureau (GNVB) Statistics
    Since 12th March, the Garda National Vetting Bureau (GNVB) have completed a total of 47,586 vetting applications which are COVID-19 related and support the frontline efforts to combat Coronavirus.

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/online-services/garda-vetting/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

In fairness they are just going to have to get on with everything schools and colleges are so why can't they covid not going away. The country is going to be in a worse state next year.

• Advertisement

4572h wrote: »
    In fairness they are just going to have to get on with everything schools and colleges are so why can't they covid not going away. The country is going to be in a worse state next year.

they are getting on with it but like most government offices they've never experienced a pandemic like this and a demand such as this, as a result they are under staffed and unequipped to deal with it!

The Hse have draughted 1000's (student nurses, admin staff, contact tracers) in to help with the pandemic (all of which need to be vetted) , the Guards have attested people with bare minimum training to help, vetting office typically deals with 5000 applications a year, throw 47,000 at them at one time with no extra human resources!! of course there will be a back log!

I have no doubt the vetting office got some help but never once expected to have to deal with so many applications for vetting at once!

come on!

Advertisement