Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Darren0999 wrote: »
    How do you know you were approved? Did you get in contact with them?

I emailed them 2 weeks after the surgery and then I received an email saying I was deemed medically fit.

Everyone is out of office now working from home so I wouldn't worry. Email or ring Monday and enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Darren0999

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    I emailed them 2 weeks after the surgery and then I received an email saying I was deemed medically fit.

Everyone is out of office now working from home so I wouldn't worry. Email or ring Monday and enquire.

I emailed them about 10 days after Surgery with an optical report and got no response. Rang them, Guy said someone would respond but didn't. I then posted copies to the Chief Medical Officers office and still didn't get a response. If I can just get a response to say i'm passed fit then I am happy to wait whatever length of time tbh.. How long after your medical did you get surgery by the way?

I emailed them about 10 days after Surgery with an optical report and got no response. Rang them, Guy said someone would respond but didn't. I then posted copies to the Chief Medical Officers office and still didn't get a response. If I can just get a response to say i'm passed fit then I am happy to wait whatever length of time tbh.. How long after your medical did you get surgery by the way?

I did my medical in June and then I had the laser middle of July so I'd say there was 3 to 4 weeks of a wait for myself and then had to wait 2 months to get the all clear off optilase. Start of septemeber i forwarded on my report and then 10 of september I got the email saying I was deemed medically fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Darren0999

I did my medical in June and then I had the laser middle of July so I'd say there was 3 to 4 weeks of a wait for myself and then had to wait 2 months to get the all clear off optilase. Start of septemeber i forwarded on my report and then 10 of september I got the email saying I was deemed medically fit.

Ahh fair enough! Short time frame so.. I was due to get it 4 weeks after the medical but everything went into lockdown, It was 5 months after by the time I managed to get it done. I have sent them in optical reports from before and after surgery from Optilase and Specsavers! But no reply from HRM or the Occupational Health department :rolleyes: I might just try and call them tomorrow cause email doesn't seem to be working

Ahh fair enough! Short time frame so.. I was due to get it 4 weeks after the medical but everything went into lockdown, It was 5 months after by the time I managed to get it done. I have sent them in optical reports from before and after surgery from Optilase and Specsavers! But no reply from HRM or the Occupational Health department :rolleyes: I might just try and call them tomorrow cause email doesn't seem to be working

I wouldn't worry lad. Give them a buzz tomorrow and ask. My vetting has been outstanding for quite sometime like a lot of other people on this.
    So everyone has there own thing that is holding them up. We are all in this together.

It is horrible tho when you can't be told why exactly things are being held up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

I wouldn't worry lad. Give them a buzz tomorrow and ask. My vetting has been outstanding for quite sometime like a lot of other people on this.
    So everyone has there own thing that is holding them up. We are all in this together.

It is horrible tho when you can't be told why exactly things are being held up.

Yup!! Everything finished since March 2019. I was told Vetting was Cleared and complete only to then be told Later that it’s incomplete.

Seems like everyone has a hurdle be it vetting, medical or pct holding them back,

wouldn’t be worrying, But very very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Man this has been the worst year ever!

I passed my PCT on 4th February. I met the local Sargeant and Inspector before I done the PCT!

I then got a call for Medical on the 12th February and unfortunately I was deferred on my Eyesight! Was given 6 months to get this corrected.. Was due to get Laser Eye surgery on 26th March, this was all canceled due to Covid and eventually it went ahead on 17th July at a cost of 3800..

When I got this I was still within the 6 months, I had emailed them numerous times during them months to update them and also called them to which they told me "Dont worry, there is other people in a similar situation" They advised me to send in my reports by email and someone would reply to me which nobody did. I then copied and post my reports to the Chief Medical Officer and still no reply?

I have given so much mentally and financially to this and I just feel completely burned out at this point! Surely they could dignify me with a response even if it is bad :(

Anybody any ideas on what step I should take next?

keep working on planB

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

hi all,
    please see attached news re Garda recruiting via RTE news re "the budget"

although this hasn't been 100% signed off as the budget isn't finalised yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Since 620 new recruits were announced in the budget, will that be for people who are waiting or a new recruitment campaign for 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Dean445 wrote: »
    Since 620 new recruits were announced in the budget, will that be for people who are waiting or a new recruitment campaign for 2021?

I dont know how many candidates are waiting from the 2018 and 2019 campaigns, but , I doubt it's that many. Could see a campaign in late 2021 perhaps

• Advertisement

Both but can't see new recruitment being ready in time. So realistically only the current batch imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

both

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    I dont know how many candidates are waiting from the 2018 and 2019 campaigns, but , I doubt it's that many. Could see a campaign in late 2021 perhaps

There's a few of us alright.

banjoh_10 wrote: »

Considering hardly anyone went through templemore last year from the 2019 campaign , there is a lot waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

We have done our sentence waiting!!!

St. Westy wrote: »
    Considering hardly anyone went through templemore last year from the 2019 campaign , there is a lot waiting

There seems to be a lot from 2018 waiting aswell, just seems that they go with whoever’s vetting gets back sooner as opposed to who’s waiting longer.

There seems to be a lot from 2018 waiting aswell, just seems that they go with whoever’s vetting gets back sooner as opposed to who’s waiting longer.

oh im fully aware of this, its all vetting related, but there is a substantial amount of 2019s waiting for pcts/medicals alone, last years campaign group barely got started was all i was saying, wasnt there only 1 class in feb with a few 2019s in it, them bam, whole thing went to fcuk :rolleyes:

i can see a recruitment drive going ahead though, which will just add more fish to the sea :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Now that my vetting is cleared I’m worried about my Medical running out. I done it January 2019.

I am the same, but hoping we won’t have to go back and go it as this situation was out of our control

I am the same, but hoping we won’t have to go back and go it as this situation was out of our control

Prob send out a letter for us to get signed by or gps to say we are still.medically fit

• Advertisement

Prob send out a letter for us to get signed by or gps to say we are still.medically fit

I just rang them About my medical and they said because I did it in May 2019 I still have one more month based on being able to provide a Gp cert until I need to do i it again, here’s hoping something happens before It runs out

I just rang them About my medical and they said because I did it in May 2019 I still have one more month based on being able to provide a Gp cert until I need to do i it again, here’s hoping something happens before It runs out

Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be movement or some talk of dates.

How long is PCT valid for?

How long is PCT valid for?

It doesn’t expire, you’ll only have to do it again when you’re a trainee, medical expires after 1 year but can be extended by 6 months with a letter from your gp, after that period you need to sit the medical again

Now that my vetting is cleared I’m worried about my Medical running out. I done it January 2019.

When did you vetting come back complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

CD2020! wrote: »
    When did you vetting come back complete?

Undergoing final checks since the start of August. Took a while, sent my form B in November, half of my family Live in NI. I understand people here are waiting a lot longer.. so I was very happy to have my vetting undergoing final checks

Undergoing final checks since the start of August. Took a while, sent my form B in November, half of my family Live in NI. I understand people here are waiting a lot longer.. so I was very happy to have my vetting undergoing final checks

‘Final checks‘ doesn’t mean your vetting is cleared, Final checks is just terminology the HR use to say your file is progressing . I’m sorry that I don’t have anything positive to say to you but I’m just being honest based on my own experience

‘Final checks‘ doesn’t mean your vetting is cleared, Final checks is just terminology the HR use to say your file is progressing . I’m sorry that I don’t have anything positive to say to you but I’m just being honest based on my own experience

final checks is a better response than the usual, tiered process one though.

It is a better response, but i have had all the responses at this stage— ‘final checks’ ‘Vetting cleared’ back to ‘vetting outstanding’

I’m from the 2018 campaign and I’ve spoken to HR a lot via email and phone call, I get a different answer every time I get in touch

• Advertisement

To answer your question directly I’ve been in ‘final checks‘ for about 14 months now

Advertisement