Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

To answer your question directly I’ve been in ‘final checks‘ for about 14 months now

Just to keep a bit of hope lit here - some people never receive a 'vetting complete' email or 'final checks'. I personally know people who were getting the 'vetting outstanding ... multi-tiered process...' up to the day they got their offers.

I mean like, email in the morning looking for an update, they received the email with the usual answer, and then receive another email later offering them a place in the next intake.

Just be aware that you mightn't get the definitive email telling you that your vetting is done and back etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

I got a reply of Your file has been checked and approved.
    I think everyone gets different replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Dean445 wrote: »
    I got a reply of Your file has been checked and approved.
    I think everyone gets different replies

When was that? Did the email you first or just reply to an email you sent

When was that? Did the email you first or just reply to an email you sent

I emailed them it was about two weeks, I was always getting your file is still ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

if anyone is interested. Setting up a group chat for people waiting 2018

Send me on yer name and contact number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    if anyone is interested. Setting up a group chat for people waiting 2018

Send me on yer name and contact number

What good does what’s app group do?

John614 wrote: »

well I have gotten a few responses via pm.

Quiet a few seem interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

well I have gotten a few responses via pm.

Quiet a few seem interested.

I suppose a WhatsApp group would mentally help people. You can chat to people who feel the exact same way you feel. It’s easier to chit chat on WhatsApp than on here. Going through this process it’s important to do anything that will mentally help. This is a long process for us all but it will be worth it. Hang in there guys!

AD07 wrote: »
    I suppose a WhatsApp group would mentally help people. You can chat to people who feel the exact same way you feel. It’s easier to chit chat on WhatsApp than on here. Going through this process it’s important to do anything that will mentally help. This is a long process for us all but it will be worth it. Hang in there guys!

Well said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

John614 wrote: »

I think its a good idea. Would be a nice way to get to know people on the same career path who might also potentially be in the same intake.

• Advertisement

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I think its a good idea. Would be a nice way to get to know people on the same career path who might also potentially be in the same intake.

Exactly ! If anyone else would like to be added, send me on your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sharon2019

Medical done since May 2019. Got email from HQ last week stating they have made me another appointment for next month. Anyone else getting this communication ? From 2018 by the way.

I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

Yes. Same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Sharon2019 wrote: »
    Medical done since May 2019. Got email from HQ last week stating they have made me another appointment for next month. Anyone else getting this communication ? From 2018 by the way.

great news for you, is the medical held in dublin or templemore?

I did mine in May 2019 aswell and rang looking for an update, they told me mine is still valid for another month! I was hoping they would give me a date to do it again and get it out of the way

St. Westy wrote: »
    great news for you, is the medical held in dublin or templemore?

Thank you. I’m not going to jump the gun til I know more anyway. It’s in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Question 1: can you put on your sternest “ oh you really shouldn’t be doing that” face to the public ?
    Question 2: can you make yourself look very busy and important for a few moments, then wave them on and say “that’s grand”

If so, you’re in. We need you for the next 4-6 weeks to be a lollipop man.

thats hilarious, you're so funny........

I did mine in May 2019 aswell and rang looking for an update, they told me mine is still valid for another month! I was hoping they would give me a date to do it again and get it out of the way

Just emailed them myself, they will be in contact with me if they require anything further so I assume everything is still in date

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

So medicals are back up and running??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

would we be wrong to assume so that if Medicals are going ahead again in Dublin that there is a possibility of the physicals starting back again some-date soon?
    although physicals would have to be done in templemore so considering this we prob wont get any update soon. especailly now with level 5 lockdown.
    anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement

AF96DUB wrote: »
    So medicals are back up and running??

I can only comment on my own experience but I’m hopeful things are moving. Hard to know with level 5 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I can only comment on my own experience but I’m hopeful things are moving. Hard to know with level 5 tho.

Well its some sort of movement anyways thank god

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Well its some sort of movement anyways thank god

that is true. this time next year hopefully we will be in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Gazza434 wrote: »
    that is true. this time next year hopefully we will be in. :D

That’s it! Keep the positivity up regardless of the circumstances. Ye are a great bunch!

anyone hear any updates or movement regarding physical or medicals?
    this waiting with no update is seriously annoying.
    i know there's not alot we can do with the whole covid-19.
    anyone hear anything from their connections or anything?

All I heard, is that the college is closed again

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Emailed the other day they said no plans for med or pct so yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajataverskop

For one who passed vetting, do you know did gards contacted you employers and references during vetting?

For one who passed vetting, do you know did gards contacted you employers and references during vetting?

I haven’t passed the vetting but I do know that they did contact my past employers and my principal from secondary school who I had as a reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ange92oc

CD2020! wrote: »
    Emailed the other day they said no plans for med or pct so yet

I don't know if this is any help but I was up there last Wednesday for a medical appointment with the medical advisor. I did my medical last February but had to get clearance from the medical advisor and they finally got back to me 3 weeks ago and I had my appointment last Wed. I travelled up from galway, I had to do a covid questionnaire on the phone with one of the receptionists the day before just to make sure I was OK to travel. So there definitely seems to be movement.

Advertisement