Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Ange92oc wrote: »
    I don't know if this is any help but I was up there last Wednesday for a medical appointment with the medical advisor. I did my medical last February but had to get clearance from the medical advisor and they finally got back to me 3 weeks ago and I had my appointment last Wed. I travelled up from galway, I had to do a covid questionnaire on the phone with one of the receptionists the day before just to make sure I was OK to travel. So there definitely seems to be movement.
    I had remembered you posted that you had an appointment for the med. It was just a copy and paste response I got that they send out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ange92oc

CD2020! wrote: »
    I had remembered you posted that you had an appointment for the med. It was just a copy and paste response I got that they send out.

Oh OK. I literally just kept plaguing them with emails for the last 8 months and finally got a response 😂

Oh OK. I literally just kept plaguing them with emails for the last 8 months and finally got a response ��

Fair play. I just asked about my vetting and they stuck that piece in too. I still have med and pct to do so not too bothered yet but would have liked the vetting to be done at this point but I'm older so there's a lot of history on my cv to go check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I’m thinking PCTs won’t be until after xmas if the college is closed for 9 weeks. Hopefully in January things will start to kick off

Fair play. I just asked about my vetting and they stuck that piece in too. I still have med and pct to do so not too bothered yet but would have liked the vetting to be done at this point but I'm older so there's a lot of history on my cv to go check out.

Hopefully now with the new year they will get things moving again. Ya I've heard say if you've lived abroad that can prolong the process for vetting to. Fingers crossed that they get it done soon for you though

• Advertisement

AD07 wrote: »
    I’m thinking PCTs won’t be until after xmas if the college is closed for 9 weeks. Hopefully in January things will start to kick off

Ya I can imagine that will be the case but the medicals could be run maybe beforehand as they are open up in headquarters. Fingers crossed anyway.

Ya I can imagine that will be the case but the medicals could be run maybe beforehand as they are open up in headquarters. Fingers crossed anyway.

Ya hopefully now at this stage. It’s so hard waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

has anyone applied having done leaving cert applied. I'm wondering what is accepted. it says on the website in certain circumstances its accepted but its very vauge. I rang PAS the last day and all you can do is email them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

In relation to vetting, does anybody know what "final checks" are? I emailed about my file as I still havent done physical but they said my "file has been returned but final checks cannot be conducted until stage 4 is completed in full"

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Oh OK. I literally just kept plaguing them with emails for the last 8 months and finally got a response 😂

How you doing lads
    Can I ask yous what who do you email whats the email address.

And what would be best to write??

Im from 2019 group and did my form B December 2019 and still nothing.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

AliHH wrote: »
    How you doing lads
    Can I ask yous what who do you email whats the email address.

And what would be best to write??

Im from 2019 group and did my form B December 2019 and still nothing.

Regards

just email the hr email address you sent your form b too, and ask for a update on your file

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Anyone know of any medicals going ahead this side of Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Anyone who is repeating the PCT heard back yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Edsjd wrote: »
    Anyone who is repeating the PCT heard back yet??

Nothing yet been waiting since March, don’t expect to hear back for another while yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Philly Rock

Hi folks just Have a question.
    Would yous still have a social media account like Facebook or Instagram if yous work a a garda ?

Would you like your picture being online and people tagging you and where you are .

Hi folks just Have a question.
    Would yous still have a social media account like Facebook or Instagram if yous work a a garda ?

Would you like your picture being online and people tagging you and where you are .

Guards are humans too , just cause you become one doesn’t mean you give up your social life , sure you are more aware and cautious , but no reason to not have accounts , plus most change their names or use Irish version of their names to stop being found in searches

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

St. Westy wrote: »
    Guards are humans too , just cause you become one doesn’t mean you give up your social life , sure you are more aware and cautious , but no reason to not have accounts , plus most change their names or use Irish version of their names to stop being found in searches

A few of my friends are active guards and they still have their social media accounts. No problem with having them just use common sense when posting stuff you know

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Has anyone heard of any intakes for 2021?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

I heard there was to be an intake in early Feb 21

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

ooob15 wrote: »
    I heard there was to be an intake in early Feb 21

Source ?

• Advertisement

Current 2 intakes have movement in Jan/feb back to the college. So I'm guessing there may be new intakes in Feb and/or March then again in June. Some hearsay some fact. Nothing Gospel.

GavK wrote: »
    Source ?

Don't ask don't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

Do you think there will be just intakes and no recruitment campaign in 2021?

Alana123 wrote: »
    Do you think there will be just intakes and no recruitment campaign in 2021?
    There'll be both. Recruitment can run regardless of the intakes happening cus it takes months to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

And do you think the recruitment campaign will launch around April like usual??

Alana123 wrote: »
    And do you think the recruitment campaign will launch around April like usual??

Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

There'll be both. Recruitment can run regardless of the intakes happening cus it takes months to complete.

Do u think the stages in the recruitment campaign will change due to covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mright123

It could happen then again, anything with that College is a law onto themselves. I am attached to one of those intakes returning to the college and they're staggering the returns to comply with social distancing and living arrangements in the college. So the 201 intake will return first in January to carry out the last 4 weeks of their newly condensed Phase 1 training.
    The 193's then start returning on the 2nd Monday in February, but are only returning in batches of 50. So unless they start to take in new trainees then, but if that's the case it'll only be in batches of 100.
    Because of Covid college capacity is 150.

Anyone have updates on PCTs

• Advertisement

i really really hope the new year brings something from AGS :rolleyes: even an email from them would be lovely :cool: :pac: the wait is shocking :o

Advertisement