Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

From a reliable source. There will be an intake early 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

How often do you guys email HR enquiring about an update on your application? I feel like I am wrecking their head emailing every Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Aaron123 wrote: »
    How often do you guys email HR enquiring about an update on your application? I feel like I am wrecking their head emailing every Monday.

I've only ever emailed once. What's the point emailing the every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Aaron123 wrote: »

I do it now and again and all I get is there is no update. We will be in contact in due course

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    I've only ever emailed once. What's the point emailing the every week?

I was told to keep getting onto them by a good few guards.

• Advertisement

AD07 wrote: »
    I do it now and again and all I get is there is no update. We will be in contact in due course

Same as me, hopefully there’s some movement in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Anyone been losing hope the last couple of months? I've wanted to get in for so long and I feel this wait has been exhausting. Deep down I believe still want it to go ahead but I have been really thinking about it lately and questioning the whole decision. Anyone in the same boat or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

You just have to wonder how many are waiting and how many are going to be taken in.they are going to need to find a way to train some new people. Cant just miss out a year of new gardai like. The last I've heard in email reply was that been looked at and approved and now goes to merit. I was like 425 in merit but who knows what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Are we allowed to ask what our order of merit is ?

I just went back into previous public jobs messages and checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    I just went back into previous public jobs messages and checked.

Oom from pas doesn't carry through to Garda hr. Mine is low from pas and I have even gotten form b yet although I submitted the vetting. Etc.

What year you from? I'm back in 2019. If I don't get call in the next intake it might be time to start forgetting about it I think.ive everything done and says approved so I can only hope.

I asked them for my order of merit and they gave me the same one I got off public jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

CD2020! wrote: »
    Oom from pas doesn't carry through to Garda hr. Mine is low from pas and I have even gotten form b yet although I submitted the vetting. Etc.

form B is your vetting though?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

I just got told my vetting has been approved and undergoing final checks. Over the moon is an under statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    form B is your vetting though?

Sorry meant gp clearance. Might be wrong about oom so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Hi all just wondering is there many here with all stages and vetting done just waiting for an intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

4572h wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering is there many here with all stages and vetting done just waiting for an intake?

I’ve all stages done since January, and vetting undergoing final checks since April. I’m from the 2019 Campaign. I’d say it will be a while for us, just trying to keep my eye on the ball to be honest, getting a bit difficult at this stage!

Im all done with the stages since last October or november.its a long long waiting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Is it you’re vetting that you are waiting on Collinsb10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

I’ve all stages done since January, and vetting undergoing final checks since April. I’m from the 2019 Campaign. I’d say it will be a while for us, just trying to keep my eye on the ball to be honest, getting a bit difficult at this stage!

My vetting is also undergoing final checks. What does this mean? I have been told all vetting has come back.

Gerty123 wrote: »
    My vetting is also undergoing final checks. What does this mean? I have been told all vetting has come back.

I’ve heard that it means that once they give the go ahead for the next intake our vetting goes to the commissioners office to be checked off, then if it gets the go ahead you then get the call.

I could be wrong though, just what I’ve heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I’ve heard that it means that once they give the go ahead for the next intake our vetting goes to the commissioners office to be checked off, then if it gets the go ahead you then get the call.

Basically checking if all the paperwork is correct and to double check if anything has been missed. Mine was oustanding for months. Applied in 2018. Emailed last week being reviewed at the moment so movement at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Basically checking if all the paperwork is correct and to double check if anything has been missed. Mine was oustanding for months. Applied in 2018. Emailed last week being reviewed at the moment so movement at last.

Dent67 wrote: »
    Is it you’re vetting that you are waiting on Collinsb10?

It tells me my file been lookdd at and approved so I guess I'm just waiting for a call?

Hi Lads, I E-mailed HRM and my file has been checked and approved also. And it does go by order of merit, they say that in the E-mail, for anyone in doubt. Hope this helps.

I wonder what OOM they are up to

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Dean445 wrote: »
    I wonder what OOM they are up to

OOM really only matters when it comes to allocating positions

For example if OOM Candidate 300 is approved , they will be offered a spot. If OOM 301 is still waiting final sign off and 302 has been signed off, 302 will be offered next.

I’m from 2019 campaign and I’m already in one of the current training intakes.

cluedo123 wrote: »
    OOM really only matters when it comes to allocating positions

For example if OOM Candidate 300 is approved , they will be offered a spot. If OOM 301 is still waiting final sign off and 302 has been signed off, 302 will be offered next.

I’m from 2019 campaign and I’m already in one of the current training intakes.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

my oom was 776 from the 2019 campaign and I'm in the 202 intake so dont take the oom as gospel. As for another intake in the new year, there is a lot to go back before a new one starts. hold tight, it will happen and will most likely be april/may

Advertisement