Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Wow I'm sake 2019 and oom 426... I feel like the seragany left my file on the table for to long and I had to ring them to get the ball rolling. They have messed me being in ther by looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

It all comes down to vetting , after my interview my oom was under 20. I have medical and fitness done also. My vetting has undergone final checks at present. It's taken so long for the amount of family on it who are living in different countries and I've also lived abroad myself ,so it delayed the whole process alot. I email constantly but it's all just a waiting game. I have received an email stating vetting was clear but any offer will be based on oom. (Obvs provided that your vetting has come back clear) hope this helps people. We're all in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

I'm waiting on vetting med and pct. Should I ask for my gp clearance form or will l wait for them to send it. Dont want it to hold me up. When the mess and pcs are running again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

CD2020! wrote: »
    I'm waiting on vetting med and pct. Should I ask for my gp clearance form or will l wait for them to send it. Dont want it to hold me up. When the mess and pcs are running again

Wait for your GP clearance , they send it out and give you a return date when they want it back and then issue a date for it, no point asking for clearance if they don’t know when there going to start them again, god knows when they start them, if there’s going to be tighter restrictions in place in the new year cold push everything back again,
    Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I'm from 2018. Everything completed in September 19. Vetting ongoing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Wow I'm sake 2019 and oom 426... I feel like the seragany left my file on the table for to long and I had to ring them to get the ball rolling. They have messed me being in ther by looks of it.

no one has messed you around from not getting in, there is an entire process that goes on behind the scenes that runs alongside the candidate doing their different stages. no sgt or super would leave a file on a desk to get lost or forgot to post it so to speak. obvioulsy there is something delaying you out of your control in the vetting side of your application. hold tight and the new year will bring more recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paddy6fingy

I would imagine this new lockdown will delay our process even further. I know it's beyond anyone's control but surely they could start looking into a new way off getting the training done because I think it will be a while before templemore will open it's doors again. Hard to stay motivated with all these setbacks and no news of any movement

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

I would imagine this new lockdown will delay our process even further. I know it's beyond anyone's control but surely they could start looking into a new way off getting the training done because I think it will be a while before templemore will open it's doors again. Hard to stay motivated with all these setbacks and no news of any movement

The intakes due back to templemore in Jan are postponed for a month they are staying out in the stations. So God knows when pcts will start up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Does anyone know who to email about the PCTs and medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

I really hope we hear something fitness, medical, intake related by March or April. Staying motivated is becoming harder as each month passess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

hi guys, has anyone had any recent updates or anything?
    i am waiting on a physical retest date along with medical examination.
    my oom number is 309. does anyone have an oom number close to mine and what is the latest stage or update ye are at?
    this waiting and not hearing anything is very disheartening. any feedback people have is much appreciated.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

Gazza434 wrote: »
    my oom number is 309. does anyone have an oom number close to mine and what is the latest stage or update ye are at?
    this waiting and not hearing anything is very disheartening. any feedback people have is much appreciated.
    thanks.

My OOM is 125 and everything is complete, just waiting to get called. I hope they start getting things moving again, the wait is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

thanks.

My oom is in the 700's and I'm juts waiting a pct and medical, my vetting is completed. Looks like templemore isn't opening anytime soon. The batch that are due back this month from the stations were told they won't be back as of yet.

Gerty123 wrote: »
    My OOM is 125 and everything is complete, just waiting to get called. I hope they start getting things moving again, the wait is painful.

congrats on getting all stages complete, yes the wait is terrible. :(

Triplek wrote: »
    My oom is in the 700's and I'm juts waiting a pct and medical, my vetting is completed. Looks like templemore isn't opening anytime soon. The batch that are due back this month from the stations were told they won't be back as of yet.

how do you know that your vetting is complete did they notify you about this?

ya by the looks of things it could be another good few months before any real movement happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

how do you know that your vetting is complete did they notify you about this?

ya by the looks of things it could be another good few months before any real movement happens.

I would email them every now and again for an update on my vetting process. The last time I wrote(which would of been a week ago) they responded with an email saying my vetting is completed.
    Yeah it's a lenghlty process without covid, unfortunately this has just made it alot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

My OOM is 295. Everything completed since March 2020. Just waiting for the call to start. The wait is horrible guys, but, IT WILL BE WORTH IT. Heads up.

Triplek wrote: »
    I would email them every now and again for an update on my vetting process. The last time I wrote(which would of been a week ago) they responded with an email saying my vetting is completed.
    Yeah it's a lenghlty process without covid, unfortunately this has just made it alot longer

oh i see, thats good so. i just sent an email there asking for an update on the vetting process, to the garda hr email address. Hopefully ill hear something back anyways. haha.

ya covid-19 has really put a halt to everything.

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    My OOM is 295. Everything completed since March 2020. Just waiting for the call to start. The wait is horrible guys, but, IT WILL BE WORTH IT. Heads up.

fair play for getting all the stages done, i have to redo the stage 1 of the pt. failed on the beep test scored 7.1 but needed a score of 8.1. both my legs cramped up during it :( :O have you any advice on how to build on my beep test score? what training did you do if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

fair play for getting all the stages done, i have to redo the stage 1 of the pt. failed on the beep test scored 7.1 but needed a score of 8.1. both my legs cramped up during it :( :O have you any advice on how to build on my beep test score? what training did you do if you don't mind me asking?

Cant speak for the above poster but I can give some advice regarding the beep test. I've been running now two to three times a week for the last while and then doing the beep test at the end of the week as one of those runs.

Obviously a lot of it is cardio, how far you can run, etc. But there is a big part of it that is experience as well. Its important to know the timing in between each level and run to that beep. You dont want to arrive to early (you're going to tire yourself out quickly) or too late (you'll fail after a few late show ups).

Try to find a basketball court or something near by, mark out the distance with some cones and just run it once a week. Supplement it some running during the week and you'll do great.

At 7.1 you are not far away from 8.1 so you can definitely do it.

To avoid cramping make sure you're well hydrated the week leading up to it (no point in trying to hydrate on the day), dont eat anything within two hours of your test and also do some warm ups/stretching before hand if you can.

Hope it helps and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Practice Practice Practice. I set up two cones 20m apart on my front yard. I done the beep test 3-4 times a week. Aim beyond 8.1. Try and aim for level 10 or 11. Headphones on and plough on. You will fly it. You have time on your side now. You will get the beep test on Spotify. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajataverskop

To which email address did you send the message regarding vetting ? info policingauthority .ie or HRM_Administration @ garda .ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

To which email address did you send the message regarding vetting ? info policingauthority .ie or HRM_Administration @ garda .ie?

The second one

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

Hi,
    Had a second meeting with the Sergeant the week before Christmas to follow up on a person of interest on my vetting. I then met the Superintendent last week, he said he doesn't know what’s going to happen with regard to recruitment. - I took it away as a positive going by that fact it’s still happening in the background.

Fitness and Medical were cancelled back in April due to COVID that’s all I’m waiting on now everything else is complete.

Some movement in the last few weeks has anyone else had similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

I am currently only waiting to complete the fitness and medial.

Does anyone know what date / month the last fitness tests were held?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Goddard wrote: »
    I am currently only waiting to complete the fitness and medial.

Does anyone know what date / month the last fitness tests were held?

Thanks

Last March

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Solocarthorse

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Had a second meeting with the Sergeant the week before Christmas to follow up on a person of interest on my vetting. I then met the Superintendent last week, he said he doesn't know what’s going to happen with regard to recruitment. - I took it away as a positive going by that fact it’s still happening in the background.

Fitness and Medical were cancelled back in April due to COVID that’s all I’m waiting on now everything else is complete.

Some movement in the last few weeks has anyone else had similar ?

They will try get 193,201,202 and 203 through before a new intake , unless they stick with the 3 week online , 1 week in the college and 12 weeks in the station and then 16 weeks in the college.
    The college dont even know what they are going to do at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Yeah I think it will be a good while before there is a new recruitment. I know they wanted to recruit 600+ this year but they will prioritise the intakes they have in at the minute, that need to finish in the college first. That’s just the reality even though we all are waiting to get the recruitment up and running again. Hang in there peeps it’s just difficult times

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Intake 202 passed out today, so there could be a new intake in by summer months hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Dean445 wrote: »
    Intake 202 passed out today, so there could be a new intake in by summer months hopefully

They passed out but still have weeks to complete in the college

Advertisement