Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

Boxer12347 wrote: »
    They passed out but still have weeks to complete in the college

at least its showing that there is steady movement in the background could be another 6 months or more but hopefully then the wait will have been worth it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Yeah our time will come !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

Anyone waiting on a repeat fitness test From 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

If I wanted an update on what stage my vetting was at would I e-mail HRM_Administration@garda.ie or appointments@garda.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Na445 wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on a repeat fitness test From 2020?

I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

AD07 wrote: »
    I am

Have u heard anything from them since your last fitness test ?

Na445 wrote: »
    Have u heard anything from them since your last fitness test ?

Nothing was meant to be last March so almost nothing for a year

Nothing was meant to be last March so almost nothing for a year

exact same as me pal. its a long waiting game. :O hopefully they're will be some movement sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Well lads, it seems a lot of people have been delayed by over one year due to COVID. Has anyone lost interest to join ? Maybe your plans have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Goddard wrote: »
    Well lads, it seems a lot of people have been delayed by over one year due to COVID. Has anyone lost interest to join ? Maybe your plans have changed since then.

No one bit. I'm more determined to join now. Seeing as I have been waiting 12 months since I passed my medical. It will be worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

I definitely have been giving it a lot more thought with the lockdown etc. Deep down I feel like I still am 100% motivated to do it. In the grand scheme of things, what is a one year delay to a career that will be 25 - 30 years.

I would be lying to you if I wasn't giving it more second thought. I am enjoying my current role, pay is half decent and I have no worries. However, do I want to be sitting in an office chair looking at a screen all my life? Absolutely not. Glad I am not the only one.

Lets just hope we hear something in the Summer when the vaccine has been rolled our further.

I definitely have been giving it a lot more thought with the lockdown etc. Deep down I feel like I still am 100% motivated to do it. In the grand scheme of things, what is a one year delay to a career that will be 25 - 30 years.

I would be lying to you if I wasn't giving it more second thought. I am enjoying my current role, pay is half decent and I have no worries. However, do I want to be sitting in an office chair looking at a screen all my life? Absolutely not. Glad I am not the only one.

Lets just hope we hear something in the Summer when the vaccine has been rolled our further.

Hey, I am the exact same as you in terms of doing an office job with decent pay for now to pay bills etc but the end goal is to get into the Gardaí. Hopefully from April 5th when the level 5 restrictions are set to be eased it will open up opportunity for us to proceed with physicals/medicals etc and hopefully be starting then july/august?
    This is what I am aiming for anyways although there's no guarantee if anything will happen this year. As everything is so unpredictable which is making extra hard to stay motivated but please God it will all work out in the long run.

Gazza434 wrote: »
    Hey, I am the exact same as you in terms of doing an office job with decent pay for now to pay bills etc but the end goal is to get into the Gardaí. Hopefully from April 5th when the level 5 restrictions are set to be eased it will open up opportunity for us to proceed with physicals/medicals etc and hopefully be starting then july/august?
    This is what I am aiming for anyways although there's no guarantee if anything will happen this year. As everything is so unpredictable which is making extra hard to stay motivated but please God it will all work out in the long run.

Yes it’s hard to say when the fitness / medicals will happen. What disappointed me the most about the Covid delays was the experience in the college. I was looking forward to the mixing and training with people. This will probably be a much different experience going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

"Templemore opening on March 22nd for Garda trainees. 450 to be recruited this year". Drew Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Some good news! When was this mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Dean445 wrote: »
    Some good news! When was this mentioned?

Today at policing authority meeting its on YouTube first 1 mins if you want to watch it.

CD2020! wrote: »
    Today at policing authority meeting its on YouTube first 1 mins if you want to watch it.

that's great news at least they finally addressed the issue and made a statement. still there is going to be a long wait due to all the backlog since quarter 1 2020.
    but at last some bit of movement. :D

here's the youtube link if anyone wants to take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4L93NXy5OI

Did he say anything about PCT/medicals?

Did he say anything about PCT/medicals?

No, but I presume they will take up again if they want to recruit 450 by the end of this year 😊

• Advertisement

No, but I presume they will take up again if they want to recruit 450 by the end of this year 😊

Wonder how many they will take on at a time will numbers be lower due to covid

Wonder how many they will take on at a time will numbers be lower due to covid

I’d say it will be very like the last groups, think it was 70 at a time.

I’d say it will be very like the last groups, think it was 70 at a time.

Ah very good we can get excited again so

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Will there be another recruitment campaign or fill from existing panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Hey when you say they might only take in 70 a Time do you think this will be monthly from April or so? I heard there is some going in end of march. also will it be online or will it be templemore?

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Hey when you say they might only take in 70 a Time do you think this will be monthly from April or so? I heard there is some going in end of march. also will it be online or will it be templemore?

I just listened to the video, it was mentioned the college won’t be opened on a large scale. He said they moved it to online last year, so it could be the same he never said if the training will stay the same . I think the groups that were let out early are going in from March. Now I’m not too sure! It’s just a waiting game now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Holland 204

Does anyone know if you got pregnant in phase 2 of the training can you go on maternity leave? Like once you complete the 32 weeks in templemore do you get the full benefits?

Does anyone know if you got pregnant in phase 2 of the training can you go on maternity leave? Like once you complete the 32 weeks in templemore do you get the full benefits?

I would think you need to be a full-time member to get full benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what 5k time would correspond to a score of 8.8 on the beep test?

• Advertisement

I would think you need to be a full-time member to get full benefits.

I’d imagine your a full member when you get full pay etc which would be after the 32weeks in phase 1 ya?

Advertisement