Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

LB1197 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what 5k time would correspond to a score of 8.8 on the beep test?

The entire beep test last no more than 8 minutes. Don't get caught up in 5k times. Train with sprints and also with the beep test on spotify. put it on and start jogging and every time you hear a beep pick up the pace a little but overall if you are running 5ks without stopping you'll have no issue with the beep test. 8 minutes is nothing on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

AD07 wrote: »
    I’d imagine your a full member when you get full pay etc which would be after the 32weeks in phase 1 ya?

Yes but then you go back to Templemore and the reduced wages etc. Only was attested would anyone be a “full time” permanent member

The entire beep test last no more than 8 minutes. Don't get caught up in 5k times. Train with sprints and also with the beep test on spotify. put it on and start jogging and every time you hear a beep pick up the pace a little but overall if you are running 5ks without stopping you'll have no issue with the beep test. 8 minutes is nothing on the day

The fact some people fail the bleep is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

Goddard wrote: »
    The fact some people fail the bleep is beyond me.

We all differ. Everyone can be fit in different way, you know. Required 22 push-ups is not even a warm-up for me, can do sit-ups in under 40sec, deadlift over 190kgs, and still failed the bleep. So don't judge everyone on the same scale, we can all be good/better at something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

No shame in failing on the beep test, a lot can go wrong during the test especially if you arnt a regular runner. Anybody who is struggling with practice and is trying to pass first or second time round send me a PM and I’ll try to help you out 🙂

• Advertisement

We all differ. Everyone can be fit in different way, you know. Required 22 push-ups is not even a warm-up for me, can do sit-ups in under 40sec, deadlift over 190kgs, and still failed the bleep. So don't judge everyone on the same scale, we can all be good/better at something else.

It is not my intention to “judge” anyone, far from it. Yes push-ups and dead lifts are mainly associated with gym training / resistance training. However I would feel that having the ability to run for ten minutes straight at a decent pace, should be within the ability of all 18-35 yr olds, especially an individual thinking of joining a police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanm904

Anyone know if you can defer your intake if your in an apprenticeship. Currently in my 2nd year of an electrical apprenticeship while waiting for my fitness test? Anyone know the rules on this ? Thanks

Alanm904 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can defer your intake if your in an apprenticeship. Currently in my 2nd year of an electrical apprenticeship while waiting for my fitness test? Anyone know the rules on this ? Thanks

Good question, haven't read anybody in this situation on here I don't think.

My guess would be to defer an offer of intake is not possible, but I honestly don't know.

Hopefully somebody else can help. Otherwise, your best bet is to contact them yourself and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

The way the cases are going down I wouldn’t be surprised if PCTs and medicals started up in April/May

The way the cases are going down I wouldn’t be surprised if PCTs and medicals started up in April/May

Would be great to see for sure, the ability of the vaccination programs to stay on track will be the key short - medium term I think.

So far so good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

That would be fantastic. Fingers crossed there will be some news/movement again soon

I’m not sure about this, buy I wouldn’t think it’s like a college course that can be deferred.
    Probably a case of use it or loose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You can defer it once but the next time you get offered it you have to accept or you're removed from the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AoifeBx_

Witcher wrote: »
    You can defer it once but the next time you get offered it you have to accept or you're removed from the campaign.

Does anyone know how long the offer can be deferred for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

AoifeBx_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the offer can be deferred for?

The next intake you're offered, it's generally the next intake but you may be waiting another intake ontop depending on circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Is there a what’s app for people that have everything finished? Thanks

Anybody think there will be offers next week? Was checking my emails all day in hope haha

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Anybody think there will be offers next week? Was checking my emails all day in hope haha

Very hard to know. College re-opening on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Do ye think there will be an intake soon?

Dean445 wrote: »
    Do ye think there will be an intake soon?

I have no idea, I was told there is an intake soon but that may be rumours, the college reopening is a good sign and there has been some movement with my vetting which was at a standstill for months, so I’m hopeful!

• Advertisement

May I ask the age range of candidates here? I’m 33.

Same as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

I'm 29

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Done interview when i was 22 and god knows when PCT's and medicals be running again

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

29 but feel like I will be 35 by the time we hear something

29 but feel like I will be 35 by the time we hear something

Too real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

30. Next month it will be two years from I applied ! Vetting took 12 months even though OOM is below 20.

College opened Monday for intakes taken in after Feb 2020, Feb 2020 intake going back next week for 4 weeks so maybe it might be end of May ? Or maybe July to get other intakes moved on a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

2 years since I applied also, its disappointing that HR cannot give us any solid information. It's super hard to make any commitments while waiting this out.

• Advertisement

2 years since I applied also, its disappointing that HR cannot give us any solid information. It's super hard to make any commitments while waiting this out.

I applied nearly 2 years ago now too, all stages completed besides vetting. I agree feel like we are just waiting to be called with no indication when that will be, I’m out of work since Christmas with the pandemic and unsure whether to commit to a new career/course etc.

Advertisement