Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

ooob15 wrote: »
    I got a call today from HR, asking if I would be still interested in a place as they have a provisional date for end of May start of June.
    All stages complete and they advised Vetting would under go one final check before a place is offered .

Great news, massive congrats !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

I got a call today from HR, asking if I would be still interested in a place as they have a provisional date for end of May start of June.
    All stages complete and they advised Vetting would under go one final check before a place is offered .

Brillaint news! How long are you waiting since you had everything completed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

That's fantastic. Well done! Lets hope more people get similar calls.

Hopefully they can start doing physical & medicals soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ooob15

Dean445 wrote: »
    Brillaint news! How long are you waiting since you had everything completed

Thank you! Vetting completed and signed off In Nov 20 (took a full year, as lived abroad.) PCT completed in Dec 19 and Medical completed in Jan 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Thank you! Vetting completed and signed off In Nov 20 (took a full year, as lived abroad.) PCT completed in Dec 19 and Medical completed in Jan 20.

I’m the very same as you I’m waiting over a year and everything is done .. hopefully I hear something!! Congratulations to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Oh excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

Thanks again for swift and informed reply Zux it is much appreciated. I will definitely try to think more positively as I do find myself thinking about how much pain my legs are in when running and how tiring it is. Hopefully some positive self affirmation can help get me to the level I want to be at. I was wonder what sort of diet would people recommend following also? I cannot eat oats, seeds or many fruits due to a medical condition and would like to hear some opinions on a suitable clean diet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Not that it makes much of a difference but what oom wer you? I'm same as you and no call for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Also got a call today to see if I was still interested in a place for late may early June.. completely shocked by the call I had put it to bed at this stage.. madness. still trying to get my head around it !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful12

S84 wrote: »
    Also got a call today to see if I was still interested in a place for late may early June.. completely shocked by the call I had put it to bed at this stage.. madness. still trying to get my head around it !

Congratulations! What campaign are you from? 2018 or 2019?

• Advertisement

2019, completed my medical in January 20 and heard nothing since then until today

2019, completed my medical in January 20 and heard nothing since then until today

Lovely!
    I'm 2019 also.
    I did my medical in Feb 2020 so hoping for news soon. I lived abroad for a stint so was expecting a hold up on vetting anyway.

Congrats ! I assume you will take them up on the offer despite the time elapsed since applying?

Zux wrote: »
    Congrats ! I assume you will take them up on the offer despite the time elapsed since applying?

Bitter sweet news for me as I just put a deposit on a house so now it’s either the house or the job... both iv wanted for a long time. Head melt x100

Bitter sweet news for me as I just put a deposit on a house so now it’s either the house or the job... both iv wanted for a long time. Head melt x100

Jesus thats a new one even for here, some dose, let us know what you decide.

Look at it this way I spose, lucky to have two choices like that.

Tough decisions!
    Any opportunity to go ahead with the buy and rent out a room to cover the mortgage while training?

Hopeful12 wrote: »
    Tough decisions!
    Any opportunity to go ahead with the buy and rent out a room to cover the mortgage while training?

I will have to end my employment with my current employer and start as a trainee before mortgage drawn down l, so it’s a case of the mortgage being cancelled altogether so it’s pretty black and white for me. I wanted this job so bad so I need to think long and hard over the next few days or weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I will have to end my employment with my current employer and start as a trainee before mortgage drawn down l, so it’s a case of the mortgage being cancelled altogether so it’s pretty black and white for me. I wanted this job so bad so I need to think long and hard over the next few days or weeks !

Talk to your bank and explain your situation to them. A guard with a guaranteed pensionable income is still something they may be happy to accommodate. I think it's definitely worth discussing with the bank so you know exactly where you stand before making any decision between house/job.

Best of luck with it.

Did they say how long you will have to decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paddy6fingy

Hopeful12 wrote: »
    Lovely!
    I'm 2019 also.
    I did my medical in Feb 2020 so hoping for news soon. I lived abroad for a stint so was expecting a hold up on vetting anyway.

What was your oom because from what I hear that is the order they are going in with the calls

• Advertisement

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Did they say how long you will have to decide?

I asked what happens next & he said I will receive an official offer in writing, the call was pretty quick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Congrats to those who have received calls. Anyone from 2018 heard anything yet?

What was your oom because from what I hear that is the order they are going in with the calls

Oom does matter, I was told when I asked about my getting that it was approved but any offer would be subject to oom. So they're working back from 1

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Oom does matter, I was told when I asked about my getting that it was approved but any offer would be subject to oom. So they're working back from 1
    Do you reckon anyone above 600 or so have a chance this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Congrats to those who have received calls. Anyone from 2018 heard anything yet?

Yeah I received a call yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Yeah I received a call yesterday.

Congrats, that's great news! May I ask if you have all your vetting, medical etc completed?

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Do you reckon anyone above 600 or so have a chance this year?

If you have all complete then you're in with a shout for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

I've all complete since March 2020. Praying for the call today

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    I've all complete since March 2020. Praying for the call today

Same.. I'm in the 400oom so I won't be holding my breath if only 150 going in.what oom are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Same.. I'm in the 400oom so I won't be holding my breath if only 150 going in.what oom are you?

Was 600 after interview but there would be a number of people turning down offers, failing PCTs and failing medicals.

Advertisement