Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Got a call there, buzzing! The woman on the phone said there is an intake in May and people will be called through their oom.

Congratulations !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Got a call there, buzzing! The woman on the phone said there is an intake in May and people will be called through their oom.

Congrats.. what was your oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Congrats.. what was your oom?

300’s

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Anyone who got a phonecall from the 2018 campaign was anything mentioned to you about a medical cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

When do we expect offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    When do we expect offers?

Next 3 to 4 weeks id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

How long are medical valid for does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    How long are medical valid for does anyone know?

Pretty sure that medical is valid for 1 year but you can also get a 6 month extension from you’re GP. Then after those 18 months you most likely have to redo the full medical again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Anyone done the medical know, when you go in for the medical are you also doing the eye test the same day? And who do you actually go to for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Goddard wrote: »
    I thought because I am a little older than some candies, it might be a negative when being called forward. I felt HR might have preferences for younger candidates when it comes down to the wire. However with the wide range of ages from previous posts this may be an incorrect assumption.

Your assumption is correct. They leave you "on read" lol anyone who they won't take or is in anyway extra work to vet wont be prioritised. Ask all them ppl who still think they have. Chance from 17/18 whenever. Anytime i think of vetting i just picture in my head a civil servant who doesn't give a crap with a pile of files moving from left to right on her/his desk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

cruzex wrote: »
    Anyone done the medical know, when you go in for the medical are you also doing the eye test the same day? And who do you actually go to for the medical?

Yup, eye test is carried out as part of the medical.

Medical:
    - Fill out a quick questionnaire and contact details of your own GP.
    - Pee in a cup, sit down in the hall and wait your turn with your cup of pee :)
    - Nurse will call you in:
    -> Hand over your lovely little cup.
    -> Nurse will check your height, weight, calculate your BMI.
    -> Check your blood-pressure.
    -> Hearing test - sit in the booth, headphones on, button in each hand, press right or left one for which ear your hear the tone in - tones will change frequency and pitch from low to high etc.
    - Back out to the hall to wait for the doctor to call you (for me, this took HOURS, legit the longest part of the medical for me).
    - Doc will call you:
    -> Quick questionnaire as the doc ticks all the boxes.
    -> Doc will ask you to do a range of movements (touch your toes, bend this way, that way, any pain? Arms out, arms up, etc etc)
    -> Eye test - pretty similar to your mainstream eye test in specsavers: read this letter chart, okay now this one, okay now this one. Colour-blindness check then - what numbers can you see among the dots etc.
    - General questions then - any surgery in your medical history? If it's not within a year or two, the doc will generally wave this off. Any injuries recently etc.

Any other phone calls received?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

When HR call, is it from a Dublin landline number or private number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 howjamean

I asked about my medical as it nearly two years ago since I completed mine and he wasn’t sure but thinks with Covid I wouldn’t be asked to come back to Dublin but to go to my gp and get signed off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Dublin

Its a 01 Dublin landline number

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

Delighted that there is some progress and movement after such a long wait.
    I won’t get my hopes up just yet as I still have a pt retest to do so god only knows when that will be scheduled. Hopefully won’t be waiting much longer tho, it’s hard to stay motivated and keep training with no definite plan of action.
    Congrats to all who recently received offers. 👌ðŸ»ðŸ‘ŒðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mm10

Anyone know anything on when medical laser eye letters will be signed? It's all that's left on my file

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

I’m around number 700 on the oom no medical/fitness but vetting sent away last year wondering am I wasting my time waiting around or will it come eventually?..

Envoi wrote: »
    I’m around number 700 on the oom no medical/fitness but vetting sent away last year wondering am I wasting my time waiting around or will it come eventually?..

At some stage they will have to resume. Hang in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 TravisLogan123

Why wouldn’t it come ? Everyone that passes a interview and passes the pct and medical is eligible, your pct is going to be in the next 2 months when restrictions lift

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

I am in the same position as you. I dont think we will make the May 2021 batch but there could be potential for the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

Same as that, I am in the 700s and hope to be in the November batch at the latest. I have not been called for the medical or fitness yet. Done the interview 16 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Same as that, I am in the 700s and hope to be in the November batch at the latest. I have not been called for the medical or fitness yet. Done the interview 16 months ago.

I’m the same just wish we knew something about the fitness and medical it’s draining just waiting and hoping :(

Look at it this way lads, I'm waiting for the next campaign, so the entire thing is ahead of me still.

I'm sure ye are all well on top of it, but dont let the PCT catch ye out if the training slipped during this long wait, would be a shame to miss out on it having come so far, your time is approaching, just hang in there !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

AD07 wrote: »
    I’m the same just wish we knew something about the fitness and medical it’s draining just waiting and hoping :(

Yeah exactly even a rough guideline would do at this stage hard stay motivated when your left in the dark and hear nothing ðŸ‘ðŸ»

We all started there, so go for it! It's not so bad once your in the process. Just take it step by step, and you will be at the interview stage before you know it. Practice on the aptitudes and then report writhing. Any word on the next campaign?

We all started there, so go for it! It's not so bad once your in the process. Just take it step by step, and you will be at the interview stage before you know it. Practice on the aptitudes and then report writhing. Any word on the next campaign?

The most recent mention of it is as follows: https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-03-24a.3208&s=Garda+Trainee+Competition#g3210.r

"I am further informed that it is projected that a new Garda Trainee Competition will commence in Quarter 4 of 2021. These plans are subject, of course, to the evolution of public health restrictions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic."

That looks promising indeed, and if things improve then they may even bring this forward!

• Advertisement

That looks promising indeed, and if things improve then they may even bring this forward!

Indeed, light at the end of tunnel at least.

Advertisement