Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Wonder will the whatever restrictions that will be announced later make a difference to PCT and medicals

AD07 wrote: »
    Wonder will the whatever restrictions that will be announced later make a difference to PCT and medicals

Those stubborn case numbers really hampered things, progress was looking good there for a while.

We'll see what gets announced this evening I suppose, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TravisLogan123

AD07 wrote: »

Word should be out soon though, if there’s an intake at the end of may , they will need/should be getting 5/6 weeks notice , likewise with the pct, 5 weeks notice should be givin, so restrictions shouldn’t hinder a email about projected dates I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

I am in the same position as you. I dont think we will make the May 2021 batch but there could be potential for the end of the year.

I'm around the 400 oom medical fitness and vetting all done. Was told my profile was approved and got no call in the last week.. fitness was done over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful12

Collinsb10 wrote: »

I'm around the 400 oom medical fitness and vetting all done. Was told my profile was approved and got no call in the last week.. fitness was done over a year ago

Are you 2018 or 2019?

Maybe check in with the public appointments office?
        Could be something as simple as a typo on an excel sheet with your phone number hopefully!

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Collinsb10 wrote: »

If your fully signed off then I'd be emailing and ringing them if I were you. Hr not pas

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Seems like the phonecalls have stopped. Next we will be receiving offers hopefully. Anyone hear any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

I’ve done my interview with local Sarg and Super and was just wondering does anyone know which you do next is it the medical or the fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful12

cruzex wrote: »
          I’ve done my interview with local Sarg and Super and was just wondering does anyone know which you do next is it the medical or the fitness?

Fitness came before medical for me and I believe this is standard. You'll be asked to attend your GP before your fitness to get a cert to say your fit to be tested which is a bit of a pain.
          They happened within a week of each other for myself.

Vetting interviews with sgt and super are down to your local station calling you in when they get the nod from Garda HR. In my case this happened after I completed fitness and medical. It's great that your vetting is on its way as it can take some time to complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Has anyone rang HR to check on your file do they actually check or give you the same
          Respond you would get from an email
          I’ve everything competed since December 2019 and getting still outstanding

• Advertisement

Has anyone rang HR to check on your file do they actually check or give you the same
          Respond you would get from an email
          I’ve everything competed since December 2019 and getting still outstanding

Did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Another Friday coming, I wonder will more calls go out...

Goddard wrote: »

Hopefully offers arent too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Goddard wrote: »

Why don't you call them instead if you have everything done. Chance it

CD2020! wrote: »
          Why don't you call them instead if you have everything done. Chance it

I’m sure if they have news, they will call.

No calls today it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Anyone think that they could start medicals with the current restrictions easing? For people that live in Dublin or within the 20km of another county? Or would they just wait for inter-county travel being allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

AF96DUB wrote: »
          Anyone think that they could start medicals with the current restrictions easing? For people that live in Dublin or within the 20km of another county? Or would they just wait for inter-county travel being allowed?

I don’t see why they couldn’t hold them anyways , cross county travel was always allowed for medical reasons , disaster the way it’s been conducted to be fair

ussrsoviet wrote: »
          I don’t see why they couldn’t hold them anyways , cross county travel was always allowed for medical reasons , disaster the way it’s been conducted to be fair

Oh I know its very frustrating, just want to get it done so I can hopefully get in one of the intakes this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

AF96DUB wrote: »
          Oh I know its very frustrating, just want to get it done so I can hopefully get in one of the intakes this year.

Hi, have you tried calling them recently?

I called them about a month ago and they said they are hoping to have them running soon but didnt specify a date.

• Advertisement

Hi, have you tried calling them recently?

I called them about a month ago and they said they are hoping to have them running soon but didnt specify a date.

I emailed them at the start of the month, was replied with "no set dates for mediclas" and "not set dates for future intakes".

I do understand that they say this right up until they send emails out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

When do people reckon offers will be out for next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Dean445 wrote: »

Hopefully over the next few weeks for the May one. Offers are usually sent out on Fridays from what I’ve seen in this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Dean445 wrote: »

My guess is the phonecalls seen to have stopped. I'm thinking by the end of the month there should be some offers for the may intake. But it's all a guessing game for us all

Dropped the HR an email today. I’ll see what they come back with.

I email hrm today and I was expecting the usually saying my file going through vetting but today I got an email saying it’s being reviewed by the commissioners office is that a good or bad sign

I email hrm today and I was expecting the usually saying my file going through vetting but today I got an email saying it’s being reviewed by the commissioners office is that a good or bad sign

From what I have read from others here over the years, thats the very last step it requires for sign off.

Zux wrote: »
          From what I have read from others here over the years, thats the very last step it requires for sign off.

Thank god I’ve been stuck on your vetting is outstanding for ages now I’m from 2018 campaign.
          Hopefully hear some good news soon

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Thank god I’ve been stuck on your vetting is outstanding for ages now I’m from 2018 campaign.
          Hopefully hear some good news soon

Whats your oom from the 2018 campaign?

• Advertisement

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
          Whats your oom from the 2018 campaign?

Was 840

Advertisement