Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    this forum has really dried up, it would make you wonder is there many people out there left waiting from the 2019 campaign, hopefully they haven't enough to fill the 300 more spots, and we all get our shot this year

We're all still floating around, just with no communication from HRM I guess there's nothing to contribute to the forum in regards to any info. Still waiting on a pct and medical. My vetting is cleared so if I pass the next 2 stages hopefully a green light from the commissioner then an offer soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

this forum has really dried up, it would make you wonder is there many people out there left waiting from the 2019 campaign, hopefully they haven't enough to fill the 300 more spots, and we all get our shot this year

The communication has been very disappointing to say the least.

I wonder what the plan is for the July intake. Do they have enough people on standby with every box ticked? The majority of people left still seem to have something left to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Triplek wrote: »
    We're all still floating around, just with no communication from HRM I guess there's nothing to contribute to the forum in regards to any info. Still waiting on a pct and medical. My vetting is cleared so if I pass the next 2 stages hopefully a green light from the commissioner then an offer soon after.

You’re lucky to have the vetting completed , Have you any idea when pcts or medicals will be ? Surely they have to be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Triplek wrote: »
    That's great your vetting is complete. How did you go about getting that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Agreed. Probably with no substantial communication from HR everyone is deflated. I feel my application is 16 months behind. I’m from 2019 and have only PCT and medical to complete. 25 months since I applied, think my head space has moved on. Not sure if anyone else has.

• Advertisement

Goddard wrote: »
    I feel my application is 16 months behind. I’m from 2019 and have only PCT and medical to complete. 25 months since I applied, think my head space has moved on. Not sure if anyone else has.

Having read back through years of this forum now, there has regularly people who shared that sentiment for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Here4TheCuffs

There could well be offers sent out for the July intake, or they're at least short listed. Keep in mind a lot of people in the process wont be on boards, so you wont hear about it.

There are one or two people in the current intake that were contacted to say they are top of the list for the July intake, and as such they would be first in line if anyone was to turn down an offer for this intake. As such, this did happen, and they're now on the current intake rather than waiting for July. They were notified on the 14th of May that they would be starting on the 24th.

If things go the same way as the current intake, you wont hear anything until about 6 - 7 weeks out from the start date of the intake. If you had the emails asking are you still interested and to do the medical self declaration, then you're almost there.

If not, don't lose hope, there's still time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Purgatory123

Fitness test next sat

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Fitness test next sat

Great stuff 😠can I ask did you have a date before the covid lockdown last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Fitness test next sat

Excellent news for you , what oom range are you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Got mine for the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

AD07 wrote: »
    Got mine for the sunday

Did you get sent a gp clearance form lately ? Or just receive a test date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Brilliant news did you get a call or email?

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Did you get sent a gp clearance form lately ? Or just receive a test date ?

Got got the email. There is a covid screening attached to it.

Ya Covid screening attached and you need a note or screenshot on your phone from your doctor saying you can take part. I had my fitness test cancelled last April. Not sure of my oom tbh

Great news, these starting back up, even on a small scale is a big step. Congrats lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Great news everyone, all the best go in and smash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Anyone know if there is any chance of rescheduling the fitness test? Got my date for the 6th but don't feel completely ready at the moment, definitely let the ball slip a little over the lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Wonder how many they will be bringing down each time for a PCT. Did many of ye get emails for it, i didnt :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

cmc35 wrote: »
    Wonder how many they will be bringing down each time for a PCT. Did many of ye get emails for it, i didnt :/

Don’t worry I doubt they could email everyone at once I didn’t get one either but still hopeful I’ll hear something over the next few weeks plenty spaces to be filled throughout the year

• Advertisement

Envoi wrote: »
    Don’t worry I doubt they could email everyone at once I didn’t get one either but still hopeful I’ll hear something over the next few weeks plenty spaces to be filled throughout the year

This time last year i was flying it fitness wise nearly getting level 10 on the beep, kinda slacked off a bit since after Christmas and can now only manage about 8.10 there or there abouts!!! Lets start again lads!

Makes sense they would be doing this in small numbers, certainly to begin with.

Do they adjust the push pull to your height?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

No it’s the same height for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Position your legs (one forward, one back) to generate power and use your whole upper body to push it forward and pull it back. Don’t rely on just your arms to do it.

This may be a silly question so sorry in advance. Does anyone know if you can change your shoes after the bleep test? I've good running shoes but would need something flatter for the obstacle course

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

This may be a silly question so sorry in advance. Does anyone know if you can change your shoes after the bleep test? I've good running shoes but would need something flatter for the obstacle course

Yeh there’s at least a good 1 hour gap between then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

I’m from 2019 and have passed everything up to the medical. I failed the medical on 18th December 2019 and tried to fight it but the pandemic paused everything for me so I just gave up. I received an email from Occ Health on May 17th saying I was now deemed medically fit and have been told Appointments will be in contact with me. Anyone else in same/similar position or situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

Anyone know if you fail on your repeat can you try for a third time or how does it work?

• Advertisement

Na445 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you fail on your repeat can you try for a third time or how does it work?

I presume u mean the fitness test ya? If u fail on the repeat its game over im afraid

Advertisement