Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

madge91 wrote: »
    Is it just a good shout to call HR and see what’s going on, I haven’t met with the super yet and or got a call for fitness but my OOM is 253. I was told in February my Vetting had cleared.

From what I was told today, if you’re vetting is done you should expect a call in the coming weeks for pct this June.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Niamhlol wrote: »
    From what I was told today, if you’re vetting is done you should expect a call in the coming weeks for pct this June.

Thanks, I was thinking that myself. There is just one weekend in June that I would really like to not get called I know it sound ridiculous. Might just call and see. It’s great to finally see things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Also received a date today for this weekend , I’d advise anyone with doubts to just contact hrm by phone call , they are extremely helpful now they actually have information to give :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

Thanks, I was thinking that myself. There is just one weekend in June that I would really like to not get called I know it sound ridiculous. Might just call and see. It’s great to finally see things moving.

I wouldn’t worry, they were very helpful on the phone. They seem flexible so maybe just mention it to them when they call

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Just wondering does anyone have a link to an accurate bleep test? I've been using one but just noticed that there's more levels in the one I'm using than the one they're using and now I'm worried that the one I'm using is slower paced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Also just seen about repeating, and I don't know if I'm dreaming this up or what but I remember at the test they were saying that if you fail it on one component you can repeat it, and if you fail again your can repeat it for the third time but you have to do the whole thing again. Again not sure if I'm misremembering and just wondering if anyone else heard this before

ayogdx wrote: »
    Also just seen about repeating, and I don't know if I'm dreaming this up or what but I remember at the test they were saying that if you fail it on one component you can repeat it, and if you fail again your can repeat it for the third time but you have to do the whole thing again. Again not sure if I'm misremembering and just wondering if anyone else heard this before
    If you fail the beep test , and pass the rest , you only come back to repeat the beep test , if you fail for a second time , that’s it , you will have to apply again in a new campaign from scratch ,
    You have the option to appeal the decision after the second failure but I’m not sure how successful they do be

I wouldn’t worry, they were very helpful on the phone. They seem flexible so maybe just mention it to them when they call

Brilliant thanks

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    If you fail the beep test , and pass the rest , you only come back to repeat the beep test , if you fail for a second time , that’s it , you will have to apply again in a new campaign from scratch ,
    You have the option to appeal the decision after the second failure but I’m not sure how successful they do be

Does anyone have a clue how to actually practice the push and pull?

Thanks Zux. Was doing great but lost it during Covid. Is the obstacle course difficult?

I would say its a very minimum standard for testing things like balance and general agility, taken on its own, it would be a non-issue for the majority of people I think.

You're well aware of it I'm sure, but there is a video on youtube of nearly all of it, and to my knowledge its unchanged since that was filmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Does anyone have a clue how to actually practice the push and pull?

I’m chest pressing and doing rows with dumbbells

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Has anyone done the obstacle course? Is there anything tricky that we might be unaware of? Also is there someone guiding you to the next station during it? I never hear anyone complaining about it so maybe it's straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Has anyone done the obstacle course? Is there anything tricky that we might be unaware of? Also is there someone guiding you to the next station during it? I never hear anyone complaining about it so maybe it's straight forward

Generally it is very straight forward, dont take the dragging mannequin for granted however it weighs about 40kg so pull with a bit of force when u get to it!

AD07 wrote: »
    I’m chest pressing and doing rows with dumbbells

I was thinking that, thankfully the gyms are back next week for heavier weights

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Anyone from 2019 hear anything my OOM was 600 and i emailed HR about 5 months ago and they said vetting is not done yet.

Is this normal to take so long im getting very worried

Goddard wrote: »
    Agreed. Probably with no substantial communication from HR everyone is deflated. I feel my application is 16 months behind. I’m from 2019 and have only PCT and medical to complete. 25 months since I applied, think my head space has moved on. Not sure if anyone else has.

Hi i am from 2019 group as well passed all interviews now waiting to hear something anything but nothing no medical no pct dates nothing.

Is that bad

For anyone worrying about their oom placing here’s a link for a recent question in the Dáil, there are 575 of us left and a proposed 300 more places this year , also they are saying they will have a new campaign so even if you don’t get in this year , early 2022 is still there , we will all get our chance as long as you keep passing the phases :D
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-05-25a.1393&s=Garda+recruitment#g1397.q

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

AliHH wrote: »
    Anyone from 2019 hear anything my OOM was 600 and i emailed HR about 5 months ago and they said vetting is not done yet.

Is this normal to take so long im getting very worried
    I’m 2018 and my vetting is still not complete so I wouldn’t get too worried for some reason some peoples takes a lot longer than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    For anyone worrying about their oom placing here’s a link for a recent question in the Dáil, there are 575 of us left and a proposed 300 more places this year , also they are saying they will have a new campaign so even if you don’t get in this year , early 2022 is still there , we will all get our chance as long as you keep passing the phases :D
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-05-25a.1393&s=Garda+recruitment#g1397.q

575 is a lot of people. I didn’t expect that many

AD07 wrote: »
    575 is a lot of people. I didn’t expect that many

Yea but remember that number will fall , not everyone will pass pct and medical and/or drop out , sure they can repeat but if you can pass your phases first time around , you will bypass a lot of that number , that’s the important thing :)

• Advertisement

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I’m 2018 and my vetting is still not complete so I wouldn’t get too worried for some reason some peoples takes a lot longer than others.

Thank you for responding to my question
    Lets hope it will not be much longer for you and my self.

Do you ever call HR and ask where your application is or if they got some sort of update at all

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Thank you for responding to my question
    Lets hope it will not be much longer for you and my self.

Do you ever call HR and ask where your application is or if they got some sort of update at all

Oh hopefully not. The wait isn’t easy. I used to email regularly and it was just the same email they used to send back all the time about my file still undergoing the vetting process and this sort of thing so I started calling them instead,but they’ve told me that they’re just waiting on a very small part of vetting to come back and that they will keep a check on it and hopefully it will come back soon but they also say that they’ve no way of knowing when it will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Got my GP clearance form absolutely delighted hopefully get a date for the fitness test soon!

Got a call for Sunday. Thank God its all up and running again. Just got 8.10 on the beep test just there so hopefully be alright please God

Envoi wrote: »
    Got my GP clearance form absolutely delighted hopefully get a date for the fitness test soon!

Congratulations buddy
    Can you tell me do they ask you to go and get that done or do you go to get clearance when you want just not sure how it works thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rho336

Got a call for a date this weekend, such a lovely guy on the phone, asked if a deferral was possible and it was no bother. Definitely worth a phone call for any other uncertain people like myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Really struggling with the beep test. Can manage 7.5 potentially 8. Anyone have any tips who struggled with it. So frustrating because its the last hurdle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Congratulations buddy
    Can you tell me do they ask you to go and get that done or do you go to get clearance when you want just not sure how it works thanks

Yeah they will send you an email with the clearance letter to be signed by your GP..

LB1197 wrote: »
    Really struggling with the beep test. Can manage 7.5 potentially 8. Anyone have any tips who struggled with it. So frustrating because its the last hurdle for me.

What really helped me was to keep in line with the beeps. For the first 3 or 4 levels its easy to get ahead of the beeps. Instead of coming to the line about 2 or 3 seconds early, try make sure your foot touches the line right at the beep, its huge for energy conservation leading up to the more difficult levels.

• Advertisement

cmc35 wrote: »
    What really helped me was to keep in line with the beeps. For the first 3 or 4 levels its easy to get ahead of the beeps. Instead of coming to the line about 2 or 3 seconds early, try make sure your foot touches the line right at the beep, its huge for energy conservation leading up to the more difficult levels.

This, absolutely, the last thing you want to do is arrive well ahead of the bleeps during the early stages.

Learning to pace it so you're only expending as much energy as is strictly necessary is the key to doing well and being able to keep pace later on.

Beyond that, practice is your only friend.

Advertisement