Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Got an email aswel today with the GP Clearance. Great boost having not heard anything for months. I wonder will it take long to get a call foe the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Got an email aswel today with the GP Clearance. Great boost having not heard anything for months. I wonder will it take long to get a call foe the PCT?

Following weekend I imagine , probably hear Friday if form back in time , I had my form returned in hour and half and received a date within 2 hours , so if you want a date soon don’t wait about

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Following weekend I imagine , probably hear Friday if form back in time , I had my form returned in hour and half and received a date within 2 hours , so if you want a date soon don’t wait about

Thanks for the reply, I had it sent back within a couple of hours. Would be great to hear something by the end of the week. Was it a phone call you got or an email

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Thanks for the reply, I had it sent back within a couple of hours. Would be great to hear something by the end of the week. Was it a phone call you got or an email

Phone call followed by a email confirming with all the info , you will hear Friday id say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blat1234

Has anyone got their date for next Sunday for the PCT and it’s their retest and deferred it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Westcorkboi93

blat1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their date for next Sunday for the PCT and it’s their retest and deferred it?

Had mine for Saturday coming. It's my second chance & deffered it today. I'm getting to around 7.8 - 7.9 in the bleep, so I'm not gonna chance it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Domino101

Hi everyone, I think I know the answer to this but just wondering if someone can please clarify. I had my first PCT last February and failed the beep test. I hope to be called for my re-test this month but now fall into the next age group. I assume I'll only have to meet the standard for my age now and not the higher score that I had to meet for my first PCT? If someone was/is in a similar position and could let me know, that'd be great. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Hi, for the situps, do they definitely stand on your feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

LB1197 wrote: »
    Really struggling with the beep test. Can manage 7.5 potentially 8. Anyone have any tips who struggled with it. So frustrating because its the last hurdle for me.

Remember to get your arms moving when it gets tougher. That will help increase your speed and give you more time to reach the cone. Just keep thinking it's a couple of minutes of hard running and then its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

They did for my first one. I’m repeating but I wonder will they now with covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Only thing I’m struggling with is the sit ups 35 in a minute is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

AD07 wrote: »
    They did for my first one. I’m repeating but I wonder will they now with covid

There are now foot bars connected to the floor. Just push your feet under them and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Date got for next Saturday , brilliant, weeks notice isn’t great but we will take anything at this stage

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    Date got for next Saturday , brilliant, weeks notice isn’t great but we will take anything at this stage

Nice one fairplay, hoping ill get a call this week. Sent off GP form yday

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

usually a quick turnaround for medicals after the fitness test folks, hopefully this stays the case!

Does anyone know what kind of sit ups actually are they where your lying back and bring your body up to your knees or where you staying lying back and move your hands up and down your legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

Envoi wrote: »
    Does anyone know what kind of sit ups actually are they where your lying back and bring your body up to your knees or where you staying lying back and move your hands up and down your legs?

https://youtu.be/uXo3roYoCUw

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

For the emails sent out for the fitness, i wonder when it says to bring a letter from gp for medical certification, if someone done their first fitness before covid, will the gp clearance form cover it or do i have to bring a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Envoi wrote: »

Hands to temples and sit up until elbows meet or pass your knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

cmc35 wrote: »
    What really helped me was to keep in line with the beeps. For the first 3 or 4 levels its easy to get ahead of the beeps. Instead of coming to the line about 2 or 3 seconds early, try make sure your foot touches the line right at the beep, its huge for energy conservation leading up to the more difficult levels.

Thanks so much. I tried the beep test yesterday and followed your advice and managed to get the 8.8 I needed! I was going out way to quick. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, what usually happens after the PCT? Do you go to an independent GP, at a later date to be assessed or what usually happens? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Hi Guys, what usually happens after the PCT? Do you go to an independent GP, at a later date to be assessed or what usually happens? Thanks

If you pass the PCT you get issued an appointment to attend a medical at the Garda Headquarters in Phoenix Park - not sure if that's how it's still going on with Covid or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Are the beep test numbers correct that are on the email? Says on the email that level 1 only has 1.6 levels and each level seems to have less shuttles than the one im currently doing, im doing the one with levels 7 and 8 having 11 shuttles but on the email its only 9???? This couldnt be right

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Any tips for push pull would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frank.2021

Hi just got date for fitness test next Saturday does anybody know if I can defer this and how?

Anyone doing the PCT today?

Frank.2021 wrote: »
    Hi just got date for fitness test next Saturday does anybody know if I can defer this and how?

Call the hr office on Tuesday (bank holiday Monday) and ask to defer or reply to the email you got, probably best to call though

I know I’ve asked this already but does anyone know of any WhatsApp groups set up for future intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Marty1476 wrote: »
    I know I’ve asked this already but does anyone know of any WhatsApp groups set up for future intake?

I don't think anyone sets up a group until the medical is completed and offers have been sent out.

• Advertisement

Triplek wrote: »
    I don't think anyone sets up a group until the medical is completed and offers have been sent out.

I was speaking to a guy who got the May intake and he said there was a whatsapp group going with people who did and didn’t get a May offer, just wondering if it’s still going

Advertisement