Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Marty1476 wrote: »
    I was speaking to a guy who got the May intake and he said there was a whatsapp group going with people who did and didn’t get a May offer, just wondering if it’s still going

Oh very good, I havnt seen anyone with a group msg for the next round of offers but if there is one going after the Weekend, it would be great to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Marty1476

Triplek wrote: »
    Oh very good, I havnt seen anyone with a group msg for the next round of offers but if there is one going after the Weekend, it would be great to get involved.

That’s what I’m thinking, just trying to find out how to get included

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

That’s what I’m thinking, just trying to find out how to get included

If you find out let us know please sounds beneficial

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

Envoi wrote: »
    Anyone doing the PCT today?

Did mine today, how did you fair out?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Did mine today, how did you fair out?

How was it for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Hi all. Just wondering how strict are they on the beep test? I am 35 and it doesnt really seam fair to have the same level as someone who is 25 🙄🀔
    Will they be gentle and put me in the "esier" age groop from 36? Thanks

Happy out overall, wasn’t as bad as I had it built up in my head. Enjoyed the day to be fair & everyone was sound.
    AD07 wrote: »
    How was it for you?

Happy out overall, wasn’t as bad as I had it built up in my head. Enjoyed the day to be fair & everyone was sound.

Very good well done

That's great to hear, are you there long with the whole process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

tamkuj wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondering how strict are they on the beep test? I am 35 and it doesnt really seam fair to have the same level as someone who is 25 🙄🀔

You’re joking right ? Hahah

• Advertisement

Triplek wrote: »
    That's great to hear, are you there long with the whole process?
    Got there for 1345, temp check then straight in for Beep test, 10 mins break then sit ups straight into push ups ( sit-ups are handy cause you have a bar to put your feet under) then about an hours break and into the obstacle coarse and straight to the push pull - Out the gap for 1600

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Got there for 1345, temp check then straight in for Beep test, 10 mins break then sit ups straight into push ups ( sit-ups are handy cause you have a bar to put your feet under) then about an hours break and into the obstacle coarse and straight to the push pull - Out the gap for 1600

Do they tell you there and then if you pass? I know you’d have a fair idea yourself anyway but just wondering if they actually tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

How many was in your group ?

cruzex wrote: »
    Do they tell you there and then if you pass? I know you’d have a fair idea yourself anyway but just wondering if they actually tell you?
    Yeah they stop you when you reach your beep test level, sit ups and push ups are fairly obvious & they tell you the time you completed the obstacle course in and the force generated on the push pull.

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    How many was in your group ?
    8 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Yeah they stop you when you reach your beep test level, sit ups and push ups are fairly obvious & they tell you the time you completed the obstacle course in and the force generated on the push pull.

What were sit ups like was it hands behind your head or what only thing I’m struggling on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Fingers on your temples, knees 90 degrees and elbows to knees. Keep your chin tucked to your chest in you are not already it helps alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frank.2021

Call the hr office on Tuesday (bank holiday Monday) and ask to defer or reply to the email you got, probably best to call though

Thanks have to reply to email by 9am Tuesday so will reply to email and call just to be on the safe side.

What were sit ups like was it hands behind your head or what only thing I’m struggling on ?
    You’ll be grand. Tighten your core and use the bar, concentrate on your form and don’t take your hands off your head or they won’t count the rep. if your struggling the mats are quite thick and spongy so don’t be afraid to hop yourself off them and use the momentum to get you back up in the later reps. Adrenaline will get you the rest of the way.

Does anyone know when the next intake is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Does anyone know when the next intake is

July

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Anyone else do it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

tamkuj wrote: »

You already are in an easier group your target is lower

With pcts underway, and an intake happening soon. Does anyone want to start a group chat for the next round of offers.

If your vetting is in final checks and you have everything else done would getting called in July be a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

If your vetting is in final checks and you have everything else done would getting called in July be a possibility?

I would say most definitely July would be looking very likely.

Do ye think vetting is back if your PCT and super meeting is done?

Do ye think vetting is back if your PCT and super meeting is done?

Not necessarily, those are separate parts of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

Did you get an email to say your file is in final checks with senior management?

• Advertisement

Did you get an email to say your file is in final checks with senior management?

No I didn’t

Advertisement