Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

AD07 wrote: »
    If your vetting is in final checks and you have everything else done would getting called in July be a possibility?

Final checks are done through the hr office, it then gets put forward to the commissioner’s office for a one last look around and approved (or not) . Final checks is a good thing, more than likely you’ll get a call for July

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Anyone know how many they actually plan on taking in, in July?

cruzex wrote: »
    Anyone know how many they actually plan on taking in, in July?

75 for July

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-04-21a.3719&s=Garda+intake#g3721.r

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AoifeBx_

Hey does anyone know how many beeps are in each level for the beep test? I’ve heard there’s less beeps than some of the audios. Is this true does anybody know? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I wonder how many people are completely finished everything and just waiting to be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Anyone know if your going for a retest do you just have to repeat the part you failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

User152875 wrote: »
    Anyone know if your going for a retest do you just have to repeat the part you failed?

Yup, i failed Part 1 last year and passed it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

How long will it take to be called for medical after fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 recb1998

Does anyone have the link to the audio for the Loughborough bleep test, or what other audio are people using instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

They are calling people today, I just got a call for Saturday. Any tips from anyone who has done it? I’m not sure if I am doing the correct bleep test I’m just using an audio from YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

madge91 wrote: »
    They are calling people today, I just got a call for Saturday. Any tips from anyone who has done it? I’m not sure if I am doing the correct bleep test I’m just using an audio from YouTube.
    I used “The Beep Test: 20 Metre - Complete Test” on Spotify sounded similar to the one on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Sparky92 wrote: »
    I used “The Beep Test: 20 Metre - Complete Test” on Spotify sounded similar to the one on the day

Brilliant thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Did the PCT at the weekend, I wonder how long it will be for the medicals to start

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Did the PCT at the weekend, I wonder how long it will be for the medicals to start

Surely they'll have them within the next week or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Had my meeting with the local sergeant. How long should it be til I hear from the Super?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

So what happends if you don't get to the line in time on the beep test? Do you need to finnish the 20m or do you turn around and start the next 20m?

tamkuj wrote: »
    So what happends if you don't get to the line in time on the beep test? Do you need to finnish the 20m or do you turn around and start the next 20m?

Never stop unless the instructor specifically tell you to. If you miss a beep pick up the pace and try to make the next one. If you miss two beeps you fail but if you can pick it up after missing one and make the next it resets you and your still good

https://beepfitness.com/help.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

Did my fitness on Saturday 5th June, only got a phone call on the Monday of that week. According to the man on the phone there’s been lots of cancellations for PCT. Overheard an instructor saying the 212 intake is in September.

nathz112 wrote: »
    Did my fitness on Saturday 5th June, only got a phone call on the Monday of that week. According to the man on the phone there’s been lots of cancellations for PCT. Overheard an instructor saying the 212 intake is in September.

Is there not an intake in July so?

There is meant to be one, I think people are just speculating because of the amount of differals and failures on the pct’s at the moment as well as so many that need to do the medical they won’t get the numbers to fill a class for July.

I’d take it with a pinch of salt for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Marty1476 wrote: »
    There is meant to be one, I think people are just speculating because of the amount of differals and failures on the pct’s at the moment as well as so many that need to do the medical they won’t get the numbers to fill a class for July.

Is there a lot of failures for pct??

From speaking to others that were down last weekend there was about a 50% failure rate, one group of 8 had 5 failures

There’s also a lot of people who are looking to postpone for a later date for their own reasons

After the PCT On Saturday one of the guards said see you in a few weeks time! I reckon medicals will start next or the week after. Could be wrong though

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    After the PCT On Saturday one of the guards said see you in a few weeks time! I reckon medicals will start next or the week after. Could be wrong though

Did many fail from your group? I think they will lash through the medicals very quickly to get people ready for July, they only need 75 to fill the intake

Was it the beep test that caught a lot of people out?

cmc35 wrote: »
    Was it the beep test that caught a lot of people out?

I heard it was a mixed bag between bleep test, sit ups and obstacle but didn’t hear of anyone failing the push pull

Yeah they are cutting it right with an intake for July unless they do medicals this week. I doubt 75 people are waiting with everything done

The beep test was grand, got through it. they didn't really give much time to warm up properly, was only after a few minutes I started to get into it

Did many fail from your group? I think they will lash through the medicals very quickly to get people ready for July, they only need 75 to fill the intake

One or two have to repeat the beep test as far as I know. Hopefully the lash through them alright.. Would be great to be in for the July intake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

According to a few on this forum there is so it could be a case of the 211 intake being July (could’ve been part of the conversation I didn’t hear) and the 212 being in September as I had heard.

Advertisement