Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Did many fail from your group? I think they will lash through the medicals very quickly to get people ready for July, they only need 75 to fill the intake

What about outstanding vetting surely they can't rush those ? Have many people got a completed vetting i wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

nathz112 wrote: »
    According to a few on this forum there is so it could be a case of the 211 intake being July (could’ve been part of the conversation I didn’t hear) and the 212 being in September as I had heard.

211 was may, 212 will be july (or should bejuly) 213 september ,214 novemeber

User152875 wrote: »
    What about outstanding vetting surely they can't rush those ? Have many people got a completed vetting i wonder ?

im only waiting for vetting but they didnt seem confident that it would be finished for july intake, i think the hr office is prioritizing medical and physicals right now to be chasing outstanding vetting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

The Guard that was doing my Part 1 told me they had 50 in Saturday & 50 Sunday for PCT so there’s still a good few that didn’t defer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

Hi everyone, waiting to be called for the medical and fitness! I see a lot of people on here saying they had the fitness recently just wondering how it went and was there a high failure rate? Also any advice , especially for the bleep test?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Rebeccab99 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, waiting to be called for the medical and fitness! I see a lot of people on here saying they had the fitness recently just wondering how it went and was there a high failure rate? Also any advice , especially for the bleep test?
    Thanks.

Warm up well, when my group got called we didn't get much of a chance to warm up and it started nearly straight away! It's only 7 or 8 minutes just dig in and you will be fine. Try get used to the rhythm of the beeps! You only need touch the line with your foot! That's what worked for me anyway... Don't know it that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Just emailed HR and got an email that they don’t have any medical dates but will be in contact in due course

AD07 wrote: »
    Just emailed HR and got an email that they don’t have any medical dates but will be in contact in due course
    Sound, im sure they will have to kick off soon so fingers crossed they do

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Sound, im sure they will have to kick off soon so fingers crossed they do

Yeah I’m really hoping for July but if we don’t get it this week I wonder would we make that intake

Yeah I’m really hoping for July but if we don’t get it this week I wonder would we make that intake

Hard to know I suppose! When I finished up there on Sunday the instructor said see you back in a few weeks time... I'm hoping she means July! Worst case September I'd say. There's light at the end of the tunnel now I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

If we do get July, will it still be the first 3 weeks online craic?

Same as that … Julys Ideal.

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Same as that … Julys Ideal.

Ya after the long wait would love to get it started now. Maybe after this weekend of PCTs they will start medicals next week. Don’t think there is any talk of PCTs the following weekend only this weekend coming

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

hi guys

sorry to bump but just wondering what’s with the hair regulations on length etc?
    didn’t want to clog the main threads
    cheers

Ya after the long wait would love to get it started now. Maybe after this weekend of PCTs they will start medicals next week. Don’t think there is any talk of PCTs the following weekend only this weekend coming

I’m still waiting to be called for my fitness, hopefully I won’t be waiting too long now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

Hi lads, i completed my fitness test last saturday, just wondering has anyone received an email or anything just confirming you have made it through that stage of the application?

Also just wondering does anyone have a rough idea when medicals might start?
    Thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

steviebb wrote: »
    Hi lads, i completed my fitness test last saturday, just wondering has anyone received an email or anything just confirming you have made it through that stage of the application?

Thanks ðŸ‘

I was also wondering this ? I wonder would an email to hrm be able to confirm passing the pct ?

steviebb wrote: »

Thanks ðŸ‘

I doubt they'll send a confirmation email, next email will be for medical, which should be fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

I’m still waiting to be called for my fitness, hopefully I won’t be waiting too long now

Have you tried ringing them ? Apparently they are trying to fill up spots , a quick call in the morning enquiring about your file will tell you a lot, might even get a spot this weekend if someone pulls out last minute , best of luck 💪

cmc35 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll send a confirmation email, next email will be for medical, which should be fairly soon

Yeah the hr office is up to their eyes to send individual confirmations but if you email them they’ll no doubt send a confirmation for your own peace of mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi guys hope someone here can reassure me or someone that is in the same position as me.

I emailed HR 8 months ago enquiring about my vetting they sent me this

Your file is undergoing our vetting process.  The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis.  Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.
    We will be in touch with you in due course.

Last week emailed them again and I got the same exact answer! Could my vetting be still on going really is that normal.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

AliHH wrote: »
    Hi guys hope someone here can reassure me or someone that is in the same position as me.

Your file is undergoing our vetting process.  The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis.  Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.

Last week emailed them again and I got the same exact answer! Could my vetting be still on going really is that normal.

Thanks

Unfortunately, yes. My vetting took 15 months. It's really just pot luck with the vetting - some folks don't take long at all, others it takes a long time. Depends on whether you've traveled/lived abroad, studied abroad, have family abroad or whether all your relatives are being good boys and girls.

Thanks

Welcome to the club, I don’t mean that in a bad way but you’re not alone, there are many like you waiting for vetting to return and we all get the same response from hr.

Don’t let it get you down there are a lot of people in a similar position

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Welcome to the club, I don’t mean that in a bad way but you’re not alone, there are many like you waiting for vetting to return and we all get the same response from hr.

Don’t let it get you down there are a lot of people in a similar position

Hi thanks for your reply as bad as that sounds i feel kinda better now 🥲.

Unfortunately, yes. My vetting took 15 months. It's really just pot luck with the vetting - some folks don't take long at all, others it takes a long time. Depends on whether you've traveled/lived abroad, studied abroad, have family abroad or whether all your relatives are being good boys and girls.

Thanks for the info
    I been waiting since December 2019 and still nothing at all.

I know family and my self never had any issues at all with the law however I have few family members that live in different countries could that delay the process.

If they say your file is at final checks stage but that them checks wont be done until passed medical, does that mean the vetting is more or less done or...?

Thanks for the info
    I been waiting since December 2019 and still nothing at all.

I know family and my self never had any issues at all with the law however I have few family members that live in different countries could that delay the process.

I know how you feel, constantly wondering what the hold up could be.

Unfortunately there is no answer, I’ve speculated and spoken to guards etc trying to understand, there honestly seems to be no logic behind the process

we just have to wait a longer, certainly not the answer you wanted but you’re not alone

Regarding vetting,

I’m not trying to upset or fearmonger anyone with their own vetting.

Your vetting could return at any time, you will always get the same answer from the HR office but it genuinely is different for everyone

Your vetting could get cleared quickly or not but don’t let it get you down if it doesn’t

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Have you tried ringing them ? Apparently they are trying to fill up spots , a quick call in the morning enquiring about your file will tell you a lot, might even get a spot this weekend if someone pulls out last minute , best of luck 💪

I haven’t actually, I’ll definitely get on that! Just hoping I’m ready for the fitness test, the one part I’d be really worried about is the dreaded Bleep test!

• Advertisement

I haven’t actually, I’ll definitely get on that! Just hoping I’m ready for the fitness test, the one part I’d be really worried about is the dreaded Bleep test!
    Practice a few times … Once you understand the timing & your level of fitness relevant to the test you’ll know how much work you have to put in to get the level you need to achieve. I got the call a week at a weeks notice and ran the test twice each night to ensure I understood the pace and to give myself that bit of confidence that I’d smash it on the day… You’ll be grand, mindset is key!

Advertisement