Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

LB1197 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips for the sit ups. Struggling with the 35 in one minute. Any tips on breathing or technique would be appreciated. I seem to have the rest nailed down.

Get yourself a sit up bar from Argos €10, it goes under your door. After that it’s just practice, you’ll be on a gym mat not a hard floor and that will give you a spring up when you go down.

Try and recreate the environment as best you can, feet under the bar, mat on your back, hands on your temples chest to your knees, practice your form,

after that it’s simply strengthening your core from planks, roll outs etc, it’s a mix use of muscle groups from your lower and upper back to your abs, condition them all

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Marty1476 wrote: »
    You’re in a good position, hopefully Friday will be a good day

I can’t see people doing medicals by Friday and getting an offer Friday now can ye

AD07 wrote: »
    I can’t see people doing medicals by Friday and getting an offer Friday now can ye

Who knows what’s going on in hr at the moment, all we know is we’re getting closer to an eventual offer whether it’s July or later

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Really? Where did you get that information from? Would be great it that's the case

Just have a source, now they're not a 100% but makes sense with COVID.

Also intake end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

ayogdx wrote: »
    Just have a source, now they're not a 100% but makes sense with COVID.

Also intake end of July.

Does this really make sense tho? Do Gp's have all the equipment for eye test hearing test etc? Would we have to pay our gp's for this ? Would everyones gp have an appointment for this before July intake ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Can anyone link me to the type of sit up bar they use. I want try to recreate it as closely as possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

User152875 wrote: »
    Does this really make sense tho? Do Gp's have all the equipment for eye test hearing test etc? Would we have to pay our gp's for this ? Would everyones gp have an appointment for this before July intake ?

Again, take everything with a pinch of salt. But that's what I was told and I thought I'd pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

ayogdx wrote: »
    Again, take everything with a pinch of salt. But that's what I was told and I thought I'd pass it on.

I was talking to occupation health a couple of weeks ago and was told the same,
    although I think it was said that only people who have to repeat certain elements (such as BMI) of the medical would go to their GP to get it complete. Sure we'll find out soon please god

LB1197 wrote: »
    Can anyone link me to the type of sit up bar they use. I want try to recreate it as closely as possible. Thanks

That’s what I used, it’s a close as you’ll get. Argos or Amazon for about €10-15

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

Jsut got an email from HRM with the GP clearance form to complete and send back! Any of you have have completed the fitness test so far, were you waiting long after you sent back the GP clearance form before you got a date for the fitness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Rebeccab99 wrote: »
    Jsut got an email from HRM with the GP clearance form to complete and send back! Any of you have have completed the fitness test so far, were you waiting long after you sent back the GP clearance form before you got a date for the fitness?

Just a few days, you could be called soon once it’s back think I submitted mine on the Friday and got called the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

madge91 wrote: »
    Just a few days, you could be called soon once it’s back think I submitted mine on the Friday and got called the Tuesday.

You will be called for this weekend as it’s the last weekend they are running the pcts apparently, once you return gp form you should have a date quickly , i got my date 1 hour after returning it

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    You will be called for this weekend as it’s the last weekend they are running the pcts apparently, once you return gp form you should have a date quickly , i got my date 1 hour after returning it

For real?! What happens then to the people who still have to do the PCT that don’t get a call for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

For real?! What happens then to the people who still have to do the PCT that don’t get a call for this weekend?

Majority of people will get called , if not they will be ran in 6/8 weeks time when the repeats are on I imagine

Majority of people will get called , if not they will be ran in 6/8 weeks time when the repeats are on I imagine

That’s not too bad then! Still hoping I get called fairly shortly even though the extra few weeks would be good to practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi guys

Just received email form HRM
    To get a doctors clearance for my fitness test.

Dose that mean my vetting is complete and will it take long to hear back for the fitness?? As i can get that sorted tomorrow my doctor said.

Thanks

AliHH wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just received email form HRM
    To get a doctors clearance for my fitness test.

Dose that mean my vetting is complete and will it take long to hear back for the fitness?? As i can get that sorted tomorrow my doctor said.

Thanks

Hi, I got an email also earlier on today with the doctors clearance form. I also got an email back yesterday from HRM in regards to my vetting and they told me that it’s still under checks so seems like mine will be a while yet anyway before it’s cleared.

Hi, I got an email also earlier on today with the doctors clearance form. I also got an email back yesterday from HRM in regards to my vetting and they told me that it’s still under checks so seems like mine will be a while yet anyway before it’s cleared.

Hi thanks for getting back to me and congratulations on the good news regarding your medical clearance.

So just because we got that sent it dose not mean vetting is complet.

How long does it typically take the doctor to get around to singing the GP clearance form for you?

How long does it typically take the doctor to get around to singing the GP clearance form for you?

Now i am not totally sure but from speaking with the secretary in my gps clinic seems to be on the spot I think they ask few health questions to see if i am healthy and fit and they just confirm that.

But i could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

How come it’s either this weekend or 6/8 weeks?
    I got an email about the doctors cert but I won’t be able to get down to them till next Monday, so am I going to be waiting another 6 to 8 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

How come it’s either this weekend or 6/8 weeks?
    I got an email about the doctors cert but I won’t be able to get down to them till next Monday, so am I going to be waiting another 6 to 8 weeks?

I recommend calling your doctor and asking them to post you a letter stating you are fit to complete PCT. Doctor may not necessarily need to see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rho336

Does anyone know if they are very strict on BMIs?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Rho336 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are very strict on BMIs?

Ya, you are either under 30 BMI or you're not, there is no wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

I take it those of us waiting for medicals can forget about the July intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Gadaves wrote: »
    Ya, you are either under 30 BMI or you're not, there is no wiggle room.

Not true, the scale they use is so dated , if you are clearly not obese but are athletic and have muscle you are fine
    But if you are over 30 bmi with no muscle , you will fail

Envoi wrote: »
    I take it those of us waiting for medicals can forget about the July intake?

Rumour is that July start date will be pushed back to the end of the month, this is of course a rumour but I doubt they have 75 people to fill July with everything done, they’ll need to ramp up medicals or get your own Gp to do it maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

I read somewhere that we will need to take the physical test again before actually starting the Garda training course..... is that true even if we took our PCT just a few days/weeks ago?

Anyone else heading down for the fitness on Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Rumour is that July start date will be pushed back to the end of the month, this is of course a rumour but I doubt they have 75 people to fill July with everything done, they’ll need to ramp up medicals or get your own Gp to do it maybe

Any truth in this? Isn't the proposed July intake meant to be on 26/07/2021? They cant really move it back any further unless they change it to August.

Advertisement