Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

madge91 wrote: »
    Anyone who passed the last couple of weekends hear anything about the medicals?

Nothing yet, I did my physical on the 12th and then had to repeat second part on the 19th. Still haven’t heard.
    Called HR and they said that they would be intouch in the very near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

fay711 wrote: »
    Nothing yet, I did my physical on the 12th and then had to repeat second part on the 19th. Still haven’t heard.
    Called HR and they said that they would be intouch in the very near future.

Fingers crossed it’s soon, I done my repeat last weekend. I’m just getting impatient 😂

Fingers crossed it’s soon, I done my repeat last weekend. I’m just getting impatient 😂

I’m the exact same as yourself. Hoping might somehow push my way into the July intake as my vetting is back so all that’s left is the medical and I don’t have to give my job a lot of notice so I’m just praying!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

I’m the exact same as yourself. Hoping might somehow push my way into the July intake as my vetting is back so all that’s left is the medical and I don’t have to give my job a lot of notice so I’m just praying!

Do they always email u when vetting is done and dusted? Or can you get an offer without hearing that at all?

Oh hopefully you will, I’ve to give 4 weeks notice but I might be able to swing something with them annual leave. It’s just a waiting game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

cmc35 wrote: »
    Do they always email u when vetting is done and dusted? Or can you get an offer without hearing that at all?

I never heard my vetting was back I just presumed it was if I was sent for a medical last week?

I rang to ask about it.
    Sometimes you can be sent to do everything and the vetting is what delays you. So it’s worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

Not always, but you can get an offer without hearing about vetting being complete, no harm in giving them a call to see where it’s at

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Not always, but you can get an offer without hearing about vetting being complete, no harm in giving them a call to see where it’s at

Just got an email saying that i have to do audiogram test again so thats the offer for tomorrow gone out the window, should be good for September

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Do you know what you oom is from the interview ??

• Advertisement

Just got an email saying that i have to do audiogram test again so thats the offer for tomorrow gone out the window, should be good for September

Ah no, sorry to hear that. Did they at least give you a date to do the retest on it?

Ah no, sorry to hear that. Did they at least give you a date to do the retest on it?

Just said that all relevant information and reports must be submitted by 30th of September. Im gonna do it ASAP so maybe i might get an offer next friday lol fat chance but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

That’s a balls , unlucky , did you know the hearing test went poorly at the time ?

Just said that all relevant information and reports must be submitted by 30th of September. Im gonna do it ASAP so maybe i might get an offer next friday lol fat chance but who knows

Yeah try and get it done asap, it sounds like a lot of people that are going to pass on July cause it doesn’t suit them with work so a spot might open up if you can get it done soon

Yeah try and get it done asap, it sounds like a lot of people that are going to pass on July cause it doesn’t suit them with work so a spot might open up if you can get it done soon

Will they accept an audiogram from Specsavers? Just booked an appointment there for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Will they accept an audiogram from Specsavers? Just booked an appointment there for tomorrow

Did they tell you in your medical that the audiogram didn’t go well?

I thought you’d need to book with Medcare again?

User152875 wrote: »
    Do you know what you oom is from the interview ??

I was around 600!

I wouldn’t have thought so but at least if you do it with spec savers they can advise you better and you can ask questions, no harm it doing it whatsoever

You could chance your arm and be cheeky, call medimark and tell them the hr office need you to redo the audio gram asap, they left it up to you to book your first appointment so I’d say take a risk and see if they can get you in, the HR and medimark office probably don’t talk to each bar for results

Worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

I wouldn’t have thought so but at least if you do it with spec savers they can advise you better and you can ask questions, no harm it doing it whatsoever

Would an audiologists report not be better than a general doctor??

• Advertisement

User152875 wrote: »
    Would an audiologists report not be better than a general doctor??

It would for sure but because they didn’t tender it out to specsavers they might not accept their report, I could absolutely be wrong and there’s no harm in having it done, it’s time to pull every string in your bow right now

It would for sure but because they didn’t tender it out to specsavers they might not accept their report, I could absolutely be wrong and there’s no harm in having it done, it’s time to pull every string in your bow right now

Booked with Medmark there again, i pushed for tomorrow at half 12, theyll definitely accept this audiogram lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

I booked and paid for a hearing retest with medmark as soon as the inital medical was over as it gave a poor reading.

It was €50 (my choice to not delay) so the report was submitted to the guards before the cut off yesterday so I've been told it hasnt delayed my file at all.

I wouldn't book one with specsavers or the likes as there is no guarantee it is you that took the retest so I cant see it being accepted! Go to the company the guards have deemed trustworthy!

Booked with Medmark there again, i pushed for tomorrow at half 12, theyll definitely accept this audiogram lol

Good stuff, hope it works out and make sure to tell them they need the report back ASAP 😎

Good stuff, hope it works out and make sure to tell them they need the report back ASAP 😎

Hopefully !! Id say my chances for the 19th are well and truly tarnished but September isnt an awful length away i suppose

Hopefully !! Id say my chances for the 19th are well and truly tarnished but September isnt an awful length away i suppose

Don’t write off July just yet, there does seem to be a lot of people that just won’t make July with such short notice, as long as that report gets back to occupational health quickly follow up to HR with a phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Can I ask what prescription you are?

Single vision prescription.
    PD is 65
    Right: Sph -1.75. Cyl -0.75 Axis 90
    Left:. Sph -1.25. Cyl -0.50 Axis 95

Not sure if that makes sense to you but that's what I use when ordering new glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Best of luck to people receiving offers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Best of luck to people receiving offers today.

Hopefully it will be good news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

I wonder do they send them all out at the same time?

Advertisement