Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Got an offer absolutely delighted!! Anyone set up a whatsapp group or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Envoi wrote: »

Congrats on the offer.. Do you have your medical and stuff done long?

cruzex wrote: »
    Congrats on the offer.. Do you have your medical and stuff done long?

Did my fitness test about 3 weeks ago and my medical last week and my oom was around 860 after interview

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Marty1476

What time did you get your offer? Everyone seems to have different times that I’ve spoken to, usually it’s a group email going out at the same time

Did my fitness test about 3 weeks ago and my medical last week and my oom was around 860 after interview

Thanks for the reply, ya I’m basically the same as you, so just hoping now I hear something soon, done my medical Tuesday just gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

madge91 wrote: »
    So what will you need to send then you’re results of that for an offer?
    Just that I had to have the BP monitor for 24 hours and the results submitted by the 30th of July & as soon as they receive the request they can review my file further.
    I emailed them back and asked if the Boots 24/hr BP monitoring service would do as I can’t get hold of my GP and they said you seem anxious to get things moving so it can be reviewed by my doctor if necessary.
    I’m booked in with Boots for tomorrow and hopefully sorted by Monday !

Marty1476 wrote: »
    What time did you get your offer? Everyone seems to have different times that I’ve spoken to, usually it’s a group email going out at the same time

11:30 I’d say with people putting it off and that come Monday Tuesday there might be more offers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

11:30 I’d say with people putting it off and that come Monday Tuesday there might be more offers

Hopefully , waiting just less than 2 years now post fitness and medical. My vetting only came back last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Daryl231 wrote: »
    Hopefully , waiting just less than 2 years now post fitness and medical. My vetting only came back last week

Thats great news so everything passed !!
    Did they email you to say vetting was passed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

User152875 wrote: »
    Thats great news so everything passed !!
    Did they email you to say vetting was passed ?

They emailed with a medical form to sign. I signed it and called them asking was my vetting done and they said yes. So just a wait again now for an offer.

• Advertisement

Daryl231 wrote: »
    They emailed with a medical form to sign. I signed it and called them asking was my vetting done and they said yes. So just a wait again now for an offer.

Such good news fingers crossed 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

fay711 wrote: »
    So they let you go ahead with glasses on?

It says in the original requirements form they are to be off an hour before the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

You would usually have a meeting with your local sergeant and another meeting with an inspector or superintendent but I believe they’re not enforcing that right now because of covid, but no one meets the commissioner. Try asking Hr or ring your local station directly (ask to be put through to the supers office), sometimes they need a little reminder that we’re still waiting for answers

At what point in the process would be a good time to follow up do ya think. I've no idea where my vetting is at only got the gp clearance form last week. Maybe I'll wait until I know if I pass the pct..

CD2020! wrote: »
    At what point in the process would be a good time to follow up do ya think. I've no idea where my vetting is at only got the gp clearance form last week. Maybe I'll wait until I know if I pass the pct..

You’re at the mercy of HR for direction right now. I had to meet my local sergeant and a week later my local inspector.

That was 2 years ago and since covid had happened they’re not keen on enforcing face to face meetings.

Call HR and ask the questions, if they’re happy with your file then there’s no need for you to action anything

If you’re unsure of where you stand with your file don’t be afraid to call hr and ask, they will be happy to put your mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

I’d be interested to hear from the new recruits how the training goes.

Is the 12 weeks in a station full time hours - ie are you getting paid €184 for a full weeks work etc and what was the distance in KM from home to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

Goddard wrote: »
    I’d be interested to hear from the new recruits how the training goes.

Is the 12 weeks in a station full time hours - ie are you getting paid €184 for a full weeks work etc and what was the distance in KM from home to the station.

It is full time two 12 hour day shifts followed by two 12 hour night shifts and then four days off and so on. Can be any distance depending on what country you live in and where your nearest training station is etc. Not all stations are training stations.

It is full time two 12 hour day shifts followed by two 12 hour night shifts and then four days off and so on. Can be any distance depending on what country you live in and where your nearest training station is etc. Not all stations are training stations.

is it true that you get €25 per shift as a 'living expense'? every little helps when you're on the €184

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

is it true that you get €25 per shift as a 'living expense'? every little helps when you're on the €184

No that's gone hoping to get it back

No that's gone hoping to get it back

Are you still on €184 do you mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Are you still on €184 do you mind me asking

The additional subsistence payment of around €22 per shift was for the trainees that went way past their 12 weeks station based training phase due to lockdowns. They were out for best part of 8 months as trainees.

• Advertisement

cluedo123 wrote: »
    The additional subsistence payment of around €22 per shift was for the trainees that went way past their 12 weeks station based training phase due to lockdowns. They were out for best part of 8 months as trainees.

That makes more sense, I’m just trying to get an understanding of what to expect.

Anyone hopeful that they might send out more offers for July this week? Or would ye say July is as good as done now?

cruzex wrote: »
    Anyone hopeful that they might send out more offers for July this week? Or would ye say July is as good as done now?

I think there will be more offers, they usually take Monday for themselves and send them out from Tuesday onward!

Here’s hoping

Anyone hear anything about medicals or do we just assume we passed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Donnat1986

User152875 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about medicals or do we just assume we passed ?

Never assume, always ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lor198

Do you know how many hours of a break you get before going from 12hr day shift into 12hr night shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Lor198 wrote: »
    Do you know how many hours of a break you get before going from 12hr day shift into 12hr night shift?

24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

I spoke with HR this morning, they must be sick to the teeth of me ringing at this stage. They told me my file is just undergoing final checks and that it is at the final stage. They also said that there will be more offers sent out this week but didnt give a day or date for when that might be for the july intake. Still keeping my fingers crossed that i will get an email but i wont hold my breath either..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

steviebb wrote: »
    I spoke with HR this morning, they must be sick to the teeth of me ringing at this stage. They told me my file is just undergoing final checks and that it is at the final stage. They also said that there will be more offers sent out this week but didnt give a day or date for when that might be for the july intake. Still keeping my fingers crossed that i will get an email but i wont hold my breath either..

Have you your medical done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

fay711 wrote: »
    Have you your medical done?

Ya i did my medical 2 weeks ago this thursday so im hoping ðŸ™

Advertisement