Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 year-old girl critical after Lisnaskea machete attack

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm surprised at the tolerance shown by the mods on this topic. If any other ethnic minority was spoken about in the way some posters on here are talking about travellers there would be cards flying around the place.
    Replace the word traveller with any other racial minority and you'll get my drift.

What other ethnic minority?

There are no other ethnic minorities in Ireland. Yes, there are other racial minorities, but there are no other ethnic minorities, that is why separate status was required for the Traveller community.

There are huge problems with Traveller culture. Whether it is consanguine marriage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consanguine_marriage or whether it is spousal abuse or female education, there is no doubt that Traveller culture is deeply flawed. i haven't even touched on tax evasion and entitlement culture.

I actually think that there is a middle ground, but that requires the traveller community (and in particular Pavee Point) to accept the rule of law, the taxation requirements, and the requirement to educate your daughters.

Without those basic memberships of society, the travelling community will always struggle to justify themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

blanch152 wrote: »
    What other ethnic minority?

There are no other ethnic minorities in Ireland. Yes, there are other racial minorities, but there are no other ethnic minorities, that is why separate status was required for the Traveller community.

There are huge problems with Traveller culture. Whether it is consanguine marriage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consanguine_marriage or whether it is spousal abuse or female education, there is no doubt that Traveller culture is deeply flawed. i haven't even touched on tax evasion and entitlement culture.

I actually think that there is a middle ground, but that requires the traveller community (and in particular Pavee Point) to accept the rule of law, the taxation requirements, and the requirement to educate your daughters.

Without those basic memberships of society, the travelling community will always struggle to justify themselves.

The powers that be have decided to completely absolve them of these responsibilities and have made it so that anyone that has a problem with that is considered a racist for some reason.

They are only going to get worse. There are absolutely zero consequences for their terrible, backwards way of life and everyone else has been told to go **** themselves and just put up with it whilst footing the bill for their nonsense along with putting up with their criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ashaaay

An 11 year old boy was murdered in Limerick earlier this month. The killer was his uncle who handed himself in and was recommended for psychiatric assessment. The details were not reported. His father had to be sedated. The killer was surrounded by thirty guards when attending the court.

I don't know if they have a separate wing for violent offenders in the psych hospital in Limerick. They said they were building one when I visited someone there some years ago. At that time kindly old ladies were mixed with extremely violent and criminal offenders.

Anyway psychiatric illness or not, child murderers are inhuman and if there is zero room for question as to their guilt, they should be unceremoniously executed. A non-defective human would not tolerate the guilt anyway

So sad haven't stopped thinking about it. It looks like he was so loved. What the **** happened 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Seems the girl was very brave.

She protected a baby and used her body to take the brunt of an attack.

That is courage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

She took a deadly cut from a machete that required 300 stitches to fix, so I was told this evening. That's the kind of horrific **** that happened in Rwanda and it's all over social media. If they find the scutter that did this, then locking him up for life is the only solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Seems the girl was very brave.

She protected a baby and used her body to take the brunt of an attack.

That is courage.

Utter trash.
    Imagine wanting to harm a baby??
    No words to describe them.
    The world would be a better place without these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Are these people related to Big John Joyce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Utter trash.
    Imagine wanting to harm a baby??
    No words to describe them.
    The world would be a better place without these people.

I think they wanted to hurt her, not the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Berserker5 wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It's all OK, according to Bernard Sweeney, travellers are the Irish Samurai and the slash hooks are their Samurai swords.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Berserker5 wrote: »
    big joe joyce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I think who ever attacked that poor girl is allegedly a "dirty scumbag robbing KNACKER *****" allegedly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What in the name of f*ck is that? Absolutely brilliant. Been laughing for a good 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

What in the name of f*ck is that? Absolutely brilliant. Been laughing for a good 5 minutes.

That’s the Christmas shopping sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

The start of this is absolute comedy gold, pure Gramsey style.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I just watched the priest video..."people are calling me names"
    What sort of maturity level do these people have?

And as for the "canster" he is recovering from...

Advertisement