Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 year-old girl critical after Lisnaskea machete attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

If the government wasn't so racist, they could've provided stab vests and various other items of protection for our cultured friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Any statement from Martin Collins of pavee point yet ??

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Not one mention of them being more concerned about making a call out video than the poor child welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just went to the rte site and the story isn't on their mobile site.

Anyway, I read it in the indo site. It says this girl of 13 saved her nephew, a baby, by shielding him.

So were these grown men in to kill a toddler?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Any statement from Martin Collins of pavee point yet ??

Ah now, give them time to get out of the bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Not one mention of them being more concerned about making a call out video than the poor child welfare

Not defending anyone in this story but the paramedics arrive at the end of the video so they must have called them before making the video.

Unless I missed an earlier video?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

NIMAN wrote: »

Anyway, I read it in the indo site. It says this girl of 13 saved her nephew, a baby, by shielding him.

According to the kids granny, yes.
    Speaking to ITV News, the baby's grandmother, Elizabeth Joyce, said the young girl tried to save his life.
    She said: "They burst through the house, one attacker came to me attacking. I was screaming and kicking and fighting back. The other attacker went for the wee fella, but his auntie, who is in hospital in a very critical condition, she threw herself on top of the baby to save the baby's life."

NIMAN wrote: »

I was following the back n forth call out videos last night and Bernie Joyce (girls fathers uncle) denied anything to do with it but said they probably thought it was the girls brothers wife (mother of the baby) and that she would have deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Not as much coverage of this incident in the news or any of the breakfast programmes. Newstalk haven't even mentioned. Compare that to the uproar there was over some comments that a FF by election candidate in tweets made in 2011. Why are the media so afraid of covering this ethnic minority community?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's the fear of being branded as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Wheety wrote: »
    Not defending anyone in this story but the paramedics arrive at the end of the video so they must have called them before making the video.

Unless I missed an earlier video?

They deserve a medal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Floppybits wrote: »
    Not as much coverage of this incident in the news or any of the breakfast programmes. Newstalk haven't even mentioned. Compare that to the uproar there was over some comments that a FF by election candidate in tweets made in 2011. Why are the media so afraid of covering this ethnic minority community?

Newstalk are too busy doing bizarre fluff pieces, on how Balbriggan definitely doesn't have a gang problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lillyfae wrote: »
    They deserve a medal :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Us settled, law abiding, tax paying folk ought to be ashamed of ourselves. This poor disadvantaged minority are merely practicing their cultural norms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Culture.

Move along now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We put dogs who bite down.
    Perhaps we could have that extended to mongrel humans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All the videos are doing the rounds on WhatsApp. They cannot be un-seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Dubrangan wrote: »
    A 13 year-old girl I in a critical condition and a 41 year-old woman is also injured after a gang of men forced their way into a house in Lisnaskea in Co. Fermanagh last night and stabbed them with machetes.

This is a horrific crime. Someone who can do that to a child needs to be put away for life.

I know I will regret that I have asked. But, do we know what their motivation was? Or where they just stoned out of their mind? It appears like there was a strong motivator...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ampleforth wrote: »
    I know I will regret that I have asked. But, do we know what their motivation was? Or where they just stoned out of their mind?

Family feud, possibly to do with young girls beating a retarded woman, believed to be their aunt, in the house.

Saw some of the videos they put out last night.

Hyper dysfunctional so who knows exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Danzy wrote: »
    Family feud, possibly to do with young girls beating a retarded woman, believed to be their aunt, in the house.

Saw some of the videos they put out last night.

Hyper dysfunctional so who knows exactly.

So its personal. What we do not want anywhere is that kind of stuff happens without any actual reason... the worst kind of crime, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Thelonious wrote: »
    Wannabe rapper in court for ramming a dildo up a young lads arse. !

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Hopefully a good old fashioned bare knuckle fight can sort this all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder if Matt Cooper will have the traveller comedian fella back on this evening to talk about this after he was on discussing those tweets the other day?
    How come when one of the traveller representatives goes on TV or radio it's always the same line of "sure it's only a minority" yet one look on YouTube gives you reams of videos of threats and violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I wonder if Matt Cooper will have the traveller comedian fella back on this evening to talk about this after he was on discussing those tweets the other day?
    How come when one of the traveller representatives goes on TV or radio it's always the same line of "sure it's only a minority" yet one look on YouTube gives you reams of videos of threats and violence.

It's a minority of the whole population, and a majority of the traveller population...if they only paid attention in school they'd know the difference

Fella that was uploading videos on YouTube - Jim Nevin New has a post on his channel naming 3 guys stating “ Wanted for attempted murder”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Beating for John connors to pop out and say they’re not what travellers are about!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bernard Sweeney is just banging on about Traveller Homelessness this morning.
    This happened just up the road from him,I thought he might have an opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

RTE Radio 1 discussing it now. Awaiting the T word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

What's worse is I can guarantee that poor young girl will be left in their care.

Absolutely messed up. No authorities mess with the travellers out of fear. They can let things happen to their kids like this, and it's overlooked.

Advertisement