Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Treasure hunt idea? Stupid or genius?

• 18-11-2019 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭

I hide things around parts of the country (when i say I ...i mean me and a team of volunteers who will hide things in parts of the country i am to lazy to go to)

We provide clues ...to where and WHEN they are hidden and what you are looking for!

What say ye!?

Now ....if i forget about this thread ....and you all go out searching without anything to find ..well sure yis had an adventure.

So ..anyway ..stupid idea ...mediocre idea ...just ok ...Awful???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is this any different from geocaching? (I think that's what it was called...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There's a (ironically) well-hidden geocaching forum somehwere on boards you might get some traction on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Can we not just go get pissed instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

eviltwin wrote: »
    Can we not just go get pissed instead?

I need to listen to THIS speech before i ever make an important life decision.

It keeps me on the right path.

UPDATE ....Charlie Chaplin advised me to say YES! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

There's a (ironically) well-hidden geocaching forum somehwere on boards you might get some traction on

I just checked its rare someone posts there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

A girl I'd never met, but who knew who I was, once emailed me with the first clue of a treasure hunt, which led all over the university, and eventually to a chocolate muffin with her phone number hidden inside, so I could ask her out.

We didn't last a year, but we're still friends, and it is undoubtedly the coolest precursor I've had to a date..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm not taking off my clothes, okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I just checked its rare someone posts there.

You'd transform the place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ask again in Spring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Im in . I love a bit of geocaching / treasure hunting/ tig (tag?) ... But remind me in spring (terrible memory!)

I can do something in Kerry ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement