Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mustang Mach E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

... and 3 places in the back too LOL. I’m the same as you, very very keen on this car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

I'm really impressed with the entry spec has the extras I'd like on the ID as standard, pana roof and decent Soundsystem. Think I'm sold.

Is it not the first edition that has the pana roof and B&O sound thats estimated €75,000 after grants.

edit just looked it up you are right. all on the €50,000 one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Irishjg wrote: »
    ... and 3 places in the back too LOL. I’m the same as you, very very keen on this car.

Was chatting to them today, looks like it'll be January before we can get one. You might be able to get a first edition this year they weren't sure.
    The website should be working shortly to order. I'll order one but I know come December there will probably be something else launching in 2021 I'll probably want instead.

D_BEAR wrote: »
    Is it not the first edition that has the pana roof and B&O sound thats estimated €75,000 after grants.

edit just looked it up you are right. all on the €50,000 one

How many will I put you down for?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Any chance they told you how much deposit you’d need to order, or should we go off the UK / US sites?

Also, am I right in thinking that no matter what model you go for over here (UK or Ireland) you’re fixed with black interior, whereas from from the spec above basic upwards in the US, you can choose a light grey interior? (I appreciate the US have a completely different spec grading, it’s not like for like, but still.)
    Was chatting to them today, looks like it'll be January before we can get one. You might be able to get a first edition this year they weren't sure.
    The website should be working shortly to order. I'll order one but I know come December there will probably be something else launching in 2021 I'll probably want instead.

• Advertisement

Not sure on those points I didn't ask I'm ok with the dark interior as long as it's got the pana roof and light headliner should be plenty bright inside, asked about the battery price but again not sure. It seems a similar set up to Tesla and VW ordering system at the moment, dealer hasn't a lot to do with it, the price is the price all done online.

Here's a snippet of a follow up I got from the dealer after I left..

The ordering system will be fully online, just like the UK site. You will be directed to build your own vehicle, place a deposit and , you will be prompted to nominate your preferred dealer, (Us I hope), to which Ford will ship your new vehicle to, and they in turn will prepare the vehicle for you and facilitate the collection.

The online ordering system for Ireland is due to go live shortly, but delivery to the dealers is expected at present to be qtr 1 2021 for a 202 plate. This however may change..

listermint wrote: »
    So ford

Any hope of changing the thread title to Mustang, there's not a Ford badge anywhere on the car. It's the only place I've seen it refered to as a Ford Mach E SUV, it's off brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Any hope of changing the thread title to Mustang, there's not a Ford badge anywhere on the car. It's the only place I've seen it refered to as a Ford Mach E SUV, it's off brand.

Add Mustang to the title you mean?

43bjSgW.png

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Add Mustang to the title you mean?

43bjSgW.png

That would do, there's no Ford badge anywhere on the car though.
    It's just one of those things that grinds my gears like people who call the TM3 an M3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That would do, there's no Ford badge anywhere on the car though.
    It's just one of those things that grinds my gears like people who call the TM3 an M3.

You're going to have lots of fun avoiding the word Ford if you buy this car.

You won't be using a Ford Connected Wallbox, or a FordPass app, or the Ford charge card or the Ford Varipower Home Charge Cable. That's if you can even collect the thing, what with the difficulty in finding the Mustang dealer.

:pac:

• Advertisement

It's not only the ford badge, one of my best mates has a Grabber blue mustang and I was giving him awful stick about the colour, wait until he hears i'm gonna buy one of these. I'll probably get a few dresses in the post.

For what it’s worth, I called two Dublin-based Ford dealers, hoping I might get a bit of visibility on projected timelines, and have a few general questions answered.

Being honest, I’ve never really gone down this ‘pre-order’ path before, so it might have been a bit naive of me to think that they would be in any informative.

In any event, the first dealer just said they didn’t sell Mustangs, and proposed I call dealer no. 2. When I got through to someone in the second dealership, I got the distinct impression I was being bluffed a bit. In fairness he did admit that he didn’t know much and said he thought the deposit system would be online, but then he basically started talking as if I was calling to buy a ‘regular’ Mustang, and not an electric SUV. That was my signal to end the chat.

I suppose I’ll just wait and see, having already registered an interest on the site. Plus, the UK options / pre-order system might be broadly indicative.

I also seemed to think that the entry level spec option had the B&O speakers and panorama roof as standard, as some of the marketing materials suggest as much. However, having played around with the pre-order process on the UK site, it looks like (over there anyway) these are limited to the First Edition model.

While obviously disappointing, this kind of makes sense, as you would otherwise essentially be paying a fair whack more (over the AWD) for the pleasure of being first in the queue (and choosing a special shade of blue and getting a faux-grilled nose).

Shame.
    Hopefully so that would rule out public charging for me which is something I want to avoid.
    I'm really impressed with the entry spec has the extras I'd like on the ID as standard, pana roof and decent Soundsystem. Think I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

The impression that I’ve had dealing with the majority car sales staff over the past few years is that they know as much about EVs as the ordinary punter on the street. SFA

I should probably correct myself here. I’ve looked closer and the extras are effectively all bundled (sunroof, B&O system, 360 degree camera etc) with all options that included the extended range (larger battery) option. This is the case for both RWD and RWD. The First Ed is top of the range (for now anyway) so it’s included in that also, obviously. The configurator won’t let you cherry pick any features, so it’s all or nothing really.

In Sterling (still indicative for now) the cheapest with these features would be the RWD extended battery option, at circa £51k. More expensive than the AWD without these options (ie smaller battery).
    I also seemed to think that the entry level spec option had the B&O speakers and panorama roof as standard, as some of the marketing materials suggest as much. However, having played around with the pre-order process on the UK site, it looks like (over there anyway) these are limited to the First Edition model.

While obviously disappointing, this kind of makes sense, as you would otherwise essentially be paying a fair whack more (over the AWD) for the pleasure of being first in the queue (and choosing a special shade of blue and getting a faux-grilled nose).

Shame.

I’d love to clear up this before / after grant question, as has been debated over previous posts.

The ford.ie site says the entry level version will be from €50k, and this is obviously just indicative for now. Even the US site (where many models are booked out) and the UK site (where the configurator is live) both state that prices will be confirmed later, closer to delivery.

The Irish site’s disclaimer re price is:

“[†]This is the recommended retail price for the model shown excludes; optional extras, promotions, delivery and dealer related charges. The above prices do not reflect the Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Levy effective from 1st January 2020.”

I get that dealers, when they advertise EVs, generally take into account grants so you are looking at ‘after grant’ prices. Is this not different, though? Looks like you need to add on extras (such as dealer’s cut) but also take away the grants.

Any idea (or guess) where this might end up then? I see the arguments of keeping it in line with Tesla Ireland v Tesla US differentials. Maybe the BIC limit will be a factor. I think I remember an IT blurb citing €47k as estimated base price, so they must have gotten that from somewhere.

I know we’re just stabbing in the dark, at the end of the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'd say Ford won't be far wrong. About €50k after incentives (provided we keep them as they are) for the base version without any options plus a wee bit to get the car on the road. This will be very similar to the number one competitor of this car, the Tesla Model Y.

Looks like Europe are getting it first https://www.motor1.com/news/397890/ford-mach-e-europe-first/

Available in UK "later this year". So 2021 then. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Available in UK "later this year". So 2021 then. :rolleyes:

Well if the websites are anything to go by... (UK site been up and running, with configurator and ordering system in place for few months now, whereas Irish site has been stuck in a disappoint, permanent “watch this space” state.)

Well if the websites are anything to go by... (UK site been up and running, with configurator and ordering system in place for few months now, whereas Irish site has been stuck in a disappoint, permanent “watch this space” state.)

The dealer I was chatting with said ford HQ in Ireland reckon the online ordering will open in April/May here. That was before the announcement Europe was first though.
    Looking at the German site the long range rwd which seems to be the bulk of what people are ordering will be a little over 60k before grants.

Chatting to the local guys the other day, they reckon it won't be delivered here until January.
    The 0-60 seems to be more firmed up now, the long range rwd will be around 5.5 seconds a good drop from the sub 8.

Chatting to the local guys the other day, they reckon it won't be delivered here until January.
    The 0-60 seems to be more firmed up now, the long range rwd will be around 5.5 seconds a good drop from the sub 8.

How long before we could actually get our hands on / buy one, though, that’s the thing? The UK, US and main European markets have been able to pre-order since November or so, and they are all talking about early 2021 before they get deliveries (Summer in the case of the GT).

When I was speaking to someone from Ford Ireland a while back, he was talking about being “promised” one model from Ford UK, but pretty sure that was just for marketing test drives, etc.

Go to the Ford Irish site and it’s still “register here for updates”, no hint of a guide price (apart from very broad estimates) and no way to configure / see available options / pre-order. Bit of a joke, really. I’d say the situation has gotten worse with Covid, but it all leads to the conclusion that even early 2021 is surely optimistic, for us. I was even told by the Ford guy that Ford UK don’t really regard the Irish market as a top priority, I think he said we were equivalent to market in Edinburgh, or something like that, so they’re not that fussed. Ford Ireland going through major cut-backs anyway I think, adding to matters no doubt.

I was all over the Mustang Mach E when I first heard about it, and was soaking up whatever news I could get my hands on from about Christmas. Then things changed, we found out we’re expecting a third kid, due in January. That’s obviously great, but now my hand is forced for the ‘car upgrade’, and don’t think MME is an option as a result. Shame, as I’d say it will be a great option, when it does arrive.

They said we'll have it in January, that's the expectation. I read somewhere there doing tele dealer training but that might only be for the US, if you go to the ford.de website you can spec it up.

3rd one on the way congratulations, I'd be edging towards a 7 seater. You'll want all the space you can.

Thanks!

I am actually already edging towards a 7 seater. That’s the other way my hand’s been forced, but it suited my narrative to simply blame Ford!

I’m actually looking to see if I can bag a decent-priced used Model X. We’ll see if that can be achieved over the next six months or so. It’s gas, I’ve gone from rolling my eyes at the Tesla fanboys to becoming one...

Re Ford, I actually did look at the German and UK configurators, bit while they gave me some idea as to options, I was equally conscious that even between the different countries that have configurators set up, the difference can be noticeable enough. UK bundle most of the extras in with the Extended Range option, US don’t but have more varied options, Germany different again. Add in the fact that we all have our own (fluid) EV incentives, and I felt none the wiser re options in 2021.

Anyway, ring out the Ford, ring in the Tesla! :-)

We've a diesel Volvo 7 seater as the family car, I'd be hard pressed to change it for anything else besides a Q7. You can really load it up with all the gear, heading off for the weekend with 4 bikes, a 3 seater buggy and the kitchen sink, it's hard to beat. It has an impeccable safety record. I'd like to see the X handle a family of 5 and all their gear, can only imagine how bad the range would suffer with the same weight.

We've a diesel Volvo 7 seater as the family car, I'd be hard pressed to change it for anything else besides a Q7. You can really load it up with all the gear, heading off for the weekend with 4 bikes, a 3 seater buggy and the kitchen sink, it's hard to beat. It has an impeccable safety record. I'd like to see the X handle a family of 5 and all their gear, can only imagine how bad the range would suffer with the same weight.

Ah don’t do that to me.

Seriously though, I am looking at the XC90 as an alternative. Just wanted an electric car, but may have to accept that it’s still too early for the choice. Another couple of years and there should be more viable options.

You'll be glad of the extra seats when your taking the babysitter away with ye for the weekend so you can get out for a pint. As a family wagon you couldn't really go wrong you'll never be stuck for space. Just make sure there's a good warranty and all recalls are done, it didn't get Android auto or apple car play until 2017 it's worth watching out for. We've the D5 and has plenty of power to carry all the weight.

• Advertisement

You'll be glad of the extra seats when your taking the babysitter away with ye for the weekend so you can get out for a pint.
    I'd never get away with going out on the lash with the babysitter.

Advertisement