Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Ranger 2018 running costs

• 18-11-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at buying a 2018 ford ranger.

Does any know know how many KMs per liter on the 2.2 and the 3.2 wildtrack.

Which is better?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I had the use of a 2.2 for a few months, pretty much exclusively driving country roads towing a trailer. Averaging about 9.5 l/100km on the dashboard. I was driving it with little sympathy too, you'd probably get into 7.5 or 8.0l/ 100kms with a bit of sensible driving. A manual 2.2 is a very agricultural drove though, impossible to change gear without making an incredible fuss. A 3.2 auto would probably be a nicer drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I bought a 2016 3.2 auto last week . Im getting an average of 28mpg doing a mix of motorway and town driving.I would avoid the 2.2 manual , it drives the same as a transit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Father used to have one, he said 'about' 30mpg but I don't think he was paying much attention to be honest. It's a big heavy vehicle so I'd say he was being optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I got a new 3.2 one a few months ago and I'm getting 9.6l/100km which is fairly close to 30mpg.
    Mixed long and short journeys.
    Absolutely love it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

the isuzu dmax is a mighty yoke and cheaper than those Fords, looks much better to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

the isuzu dmax is a mighty yoke and cheaper than those Fords, looks much better to

You really are from Roscommon, aren't you!
    For what it's worth I probably agree with you but if I was after anything in this range I'd be hard pressed to not buy a hilux, even if I still don't like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The new 2020 one looks the business, inside and out. The current dmax isn't close to the ranger in either department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

scwazrh wrote: »
    I bought a 2016 3.2 auto last week . Im getting an average of 28mpg doing a mix of motorway and town driving.I would avoid the 2.2 manual , it drives the same as a transit

Auto or manual? How would you rate it for comfort in longer journeys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Mooooo wrote: »
    Auto or manual? How would you rate it for comfort in longer journeys?

Auto - very comfortable, even the kids think it’s comfy in the back . I’ve had A Navara ,Hilux and L200 over the last 10 yrs and this is far superior

Advertisement