Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic/sos app

Options
  • 18-11-2019 11:32am

Hello, my daughter has an ipod touch and i am looking for(if there are any) an app that she can use to alert me if she's in trouble or needs to be collected etc, preferably one with a map locater on it. I purchased Familytime.io but it is brutal, it works once and then stops. Appreciate any advice you have to offer. She's 13 so doesn't have a phone yet and my device is android.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Surely you need something with a cellular connection for this?

An iPod will only connect to anything when it's on WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely a phone is the solution here?

I do wonder how us older ones managed years ago without this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Try life 360

Thanks for your views. I had a chat with my better half and have decided on an android phone, would have much more options for tracking, parental controls etc. If only we could turn time back about 40 years it would be so much simpler.
    Thanks again folks

Advertisement