Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carysfort and Booterstown NS

Options
  • 18-11-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

we are new to the area and are looking for some feedback on the Carysfort and Booterstown NS. There seems to be a lot of info re Caryfort but I cannot find much on Booterstown NS on Cross Avenue.

I understand that Boterstown NS is a much smaller school with just under 100 kids admitted and that the JIs and SIs share the class. We are non-religious so the ethos is non-relevant.

Any info welcome especially on Booterstown NS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Know a couple of people who's kids went to Bootertown NS on Cross Avenue and they were very happy with it.

It's under Church of Ireland patronage so preference is given to CoI parishoners and I beleive there is a long waiting list.

You could also look at All Saints NS, also CoI, at the top of Carysfort Avenue although it's smaller than Booterstown.

You may be non-religious but unfortunately the local schools are!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

There is also St Mary’s but it is not mixed. Might be worth looking at. Carysfort is over subscribed and its catchment area is specific - St John the Baptist parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Our child has already been accepted for JI 2020 (don't know how but hey!). BNS is such a small school it's hard to find someone familiar with it. The preference for secondary level would be to go Newpark or St Andrews and from I can understand there is a preference given to local CoI schools over Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

You are right about Newpark. Local COI schools are the ‘A’ category. I don’t think that is true for Andrews though so I would check up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

You are right about Newpark. Local COI schools are the ‘A’ category. I don’t think that is true for Andrews though so I would check up on that.
    According to their policy it's Presbyterian kids first, then their own primary school grads followed by pupils of COI primary schools, including BNS. It's good to have options I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement