Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Intel

Options
  • 18-11-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Offered a job working for a contractor at Intel. Was told there was no parking at interview. I'm living in South Dublin so this is not ideal as the park and ride seems to be dunboyne. I was told a bus goes from Baldonnel but this doesn't seem to be true. Can anyone provide information about how they get to here especially if coming from the south ?(to Leixlip). If I can't drive there I'll turn down the offer as I don't want to get caught up in the public transport commuter hell.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

There is a Lidl with a big carpark across the road from it. It is rarely full (I think at one stage a lot of construction contractors were using it, but that seems to have eased off).
    Park away from the entrance and you should be grand.

Louisa station on the Connolly line is a ten minute walk away also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Louisa Bridge train station is a 5-10 minute walk. You can buy an annual parking pass for 250e

You will get clamped if you park all day every day in Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

mloc123 wrote: »
    Louisa Bridge train station is a 5-10 minute walk. You can buy an annual parking pass for 250e

You will get clamped if you park all day every day in Lidl

I am happy to stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Intel seemingly have regular checks for contractors parking locally even in Tesco Maynooth. Dont know how true it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

You won't be allowed park in lidl, Intel have set up a number of private park and rides , Contractors are bused to site due to lack of parking,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Dayo93 wrote: »
    You won't be allowed park in lidl, Intel have set up a number of private park and rides , Contractors are bused to site due to lack of parking,

I assume this is temporary pending the construction of a multi-story car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EoinMacLove1

Contractors are getting paid 25€ a day to take a free shuttle to work in Intel! I wish I was getting paid to park my car every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Don’t do it, no money is worth it...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Is it a temporary arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Can you elaborate on this please? Is Intel that bad a place to work? I have heard that contractors are treated as second class citizens and practically spat on in the place, not sure how true this is:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Can you elaborate on this please? Is Intel that bad a place to work? I have heard that contractors are treated as second class citizens and practically spat on in the place, not sure how true this is:pac:

The same applies in alot of big pharma and other plants with contractor staff viewed as yellow pack workers. You just get use to it.

Advertisement