Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to apple watch

Options
  • 18-11-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, no clue about any of this stuff but is there a cheaper alternative to the apple watch? A watch that basically has the same functions and can work with iphone?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

With the same integration and iOS user interface, I’d say no.
    The Apple Watch is superior in this regard.

What do you want the watch for? Maybe there are other that offer better options?
    Or look at the AW3 or AW4 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,704 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’m using a Gear S3 with mine (Galaxy Watch Active would be the current equivalent) and, while it obviously won’t have near the same feature set as an Apple Watch, it’s spot on for notifications, step tracking, etc. Plus it looks more like a watch. That said, I’d love to try an Apple Watch but I couldn’t justify the guts of €500 when I don’t know if this will be my first and last iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't know if it's of any use but I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 3 that I got on Amazon for less than £20 and it's perfect for what i want. It tracks activity, allows for notifications for texts, calls, emails etc and has a heart monitor etc. The only thing I actually miss from my Apple Watch (I had the V1 a while back and just didn't get the use out of it to justify the price) is being able to control my music but i can do that on my headphones. There's a newer version which looks like it does allow you to do that though.

Ok it's not as 'watch' looking and it doesn't have all the bells an whistles but it's a heck of a lot cheaper and works well with ios.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

RIP Pebble :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement