Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree and nature ID book and Camera ideas for present for 10 year old

Options
  • 18-11-2019 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Didn't know where the best place would be to post this...

Looking for a good tree and plant ID pocket type book for my 10 year old for a present.

She likes nature and the environment and I when i take the family for walks in local forests/ parks I often get asked what's this tree/ what's this plant?
    I am starting to struggle once we move beyond the common ones that most people know.

So I want to get her a small, concise and easy to use identifier to cover trees and plants of Ireland.
    She also wants to take photographs of nature (and other things as well). She has mentioned a camera phone but I am not giving in to that for at least another 5 years or so. Any suggestions on a cheap and cheerful digital camera for that age?
    I looked at the recently released Polaroid ones but the cost of the film would turn me off it (nearly €2 a pic I reckoned)
    I have a small printer for printing photos from my wifes phone so she could use that when she needs to print one which is why I am thinking digital.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the nature and birdwatching forum would probably be the natural home for this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Thanks magicbastarder - posted it in the nature forum as well. If you want to close this thread work away but if you can leave it open to see if anyone responds here

Advertisement