Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth guard for grinding teeth

Options
  • 18-11-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi folks if anyone can recommend where I can purchase a decent mouthguard that would be really helpful. Some dentists have quoted a couple hundred euro, will spend if necessary but if you know any bargains...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Hi folks if anyone can recommend where I can purchase a decent mouthguard that would be really helpful. Some dentists have quoted a couple hundred euro, will spend if necessary but if you know any bargains...

That’s for a custom made one.

If you don’t mint it not being custom made. There’s loads on amazon.

If you know of anyone going to the US, DenTek do an excellent one (very happy user) that’s approximately $30 for two.

I alternate use of the two of them - week on, week off. Been using them for years and they one pack will last about 18 months before they need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I have used the Time2Sleep Mouth Guard which you can get from Amazon. Think they are about €20.
    I've used them for the past couple of years & had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

I had the same issue.I got a custom one made for 50 yo yo's. It's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Get a hard one from your dentist. Soft ones make you grind more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Get a hard one from your dentist. Soft ones make you grind more.

I disagree. Been using a dentek one for years and don’t experience the sore jaws I used to when using a custom made hard one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Thanks everyone I ordered a set of 4 (2 sizes) from amazon. Hundreds of genuine reviews giving it 4 stars out of 5. Will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement