Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sim pin

Options
  • 18-11-2019 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Can anyone out there help me. I got the new gomo sim and it works fine but I could not port my old 087 number.. the reason why is I discovered that I am still in a contract with Vodafone (even though I was sure I was on a monthly contract) so what I want to do now is use the two sim's but I have no idea what the pin for my vodafone sim is. Its feels impossible to get this information from from vodafone. any advice please :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The SIM PIN is on the original label from the SIM packaging...which is probably long gone by now.

If you enter your SIM PIN incorrectly 3 times, enter your PUK to unlock the SIM and enter a new PIN...it will probably be a little daunting to go through the steps in case something goes awry but if the PUK is correct it should work.

Your PUK is available from Vodafone. It's in the online portal under phone settings. AFAIK Vodafone don't have access to the PIN, only the PUK.

From...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/puk-and-unlock-codes.html
    Where do I get my SIM PUK code?

If you enter your PIN code incorrectly 3 times, your phone will be blocked and you will need your PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) to unlock it.

The quickest and easiest way to get your PUK code is online via My Vodafone by viewing the ‘My SIM’ section and clicking on ‘Get your PUK’. If you have never accessed My Vodafone you can quickly register for My Vodafone

The only problem there is that if you haven't already registered for My Vodafone, you can't receive the code to register if you're unable to get past the SIM PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Thank you so much. you are a star *

Advertisement