Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE journalist subjected to relentless online racism

Options
  • 18-11-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/ZainabBoladale/status/1195838037940461568

Statement from RTE

https://twitter.com/WilliamsJon/status/1196423536262483968

See this in low level form most days in one way or another and that's in Dublin so it does not surprise me in the slightest.

The ironic thing about these mighty patriots is that it's more likely than not it is they that are sucking off the t*t of the state they claim to defend, probably unemployable and just nasty all round scumbags who i'm ashamed share this country with the rest of us.

She works of course and contributes so I guess it's like a double trigger for the neanderthals.

I'd hope the social media companies become more proactive with this venom on their platforms than they are. Poisonous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

In before the incels saying she brought it on herself by being a journalist and it's just words on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dozens of brand new accounts arguing in support of those scumbag racist dickheads incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wavy wrote: »
    I think anyone who attacks someone based on the colour of their skin is scum, however the word racist is being overused by the left liberals. If Ray D'Arcy happened to be black, I'm sure he and they would be saying that everyone who calls him a shîte presenter is racist.

And right on time, it’s a *shock horror* brand new account!

The racism you’re trying so hard not to see is literally all there in the first post all you have to do is read it.

Pissing on about Ray D'Arcy and trying to deflect is just silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Lol at "contributing" in 2019, I speak as someone who does "contribute" but it is my goal to leech off the Northern Ireland state the first opportunity I can get. It won't be written on your gravestone how hard a worker you were and you won't get thanks for it, I get treated like dirt in every low level job I've done. I will suck on that norn iron teet the first chance i can get and do it with honour.

It is also not true that leeches are low life racists, a lot of the long term unemployed I've associated with were usually autistic nerdy types. Look at it this way, some of the most racist men in history were slave owners and British army generals, they were high tier intelligent wealthy men.

I think anyone who attacks someone based on the colour of their skin is scum, however the word racist is being overused by the left liberals. If Ray D'Arcy happened to be black, I'm sure he and they would be saying that everyone who calls him a sh presenter is racist.

GTFO with that nonsense. They're not calling her a sh1te anything, they're literally firing the N-word at her and calling her a monkey/ape. It is, quite literally, the dictionary definition of racism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I think anyone who attacks someone based on the colour of their skin is scum, however the word racist is being overused by the left liberals. If Ray D'Arcy happened to be black, I'm sure he and they would be saying that everyone who calls him a sh presenter is racist.

2185a8705c058d450fae781fb3aa1a30.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Oh I totally agree this is real nasty disgusting racism, which is all the more reason not to shout the word racist when someone says travellers should pay their taxes like everyone else.

Why would you create a new account to spout this rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Awful but any rte journalist can expect a fair bit of stick,,,I just watched the under 17 euro qualification match at turner's X, left at half time and the 2 black / coloured Irish players were magic,think most ppl aren't anti migrant etc,only anti scammer / anyone who comes and donates to our country has to be made welcome,dodgy boys no way,send them home,or back to the last port of entry,we've enough of our own bolloxes without importing more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Awful but any rte journalist can expect a fair bit of stick,,,I just watched the under 17 euro qualification match at turner's X, left at half time and the 2 black / coloured Irish players were magic,think most ppl aren't anti migrant etc,only anti scammer / anyone who comes and donates to our country has to be made welcome,dodgy boys no way,send them home,or back to the last port of entry,we've enough of our own bolloxes without importing more

I have an Irish friend from Algerian descent who worked for RTE for years, he's more dub than me, should he be given stick because of his colour and because he presented a show on RTE it's suddenly fair game?

They aren't all scammers that don't work, he was an aircraft engineer before working at RTE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Oh I totally agree this is real nasty disgusting racism, which is all the more reason not to shout the word racist when someone says travellers should pay their taxes like everyone else.

So it's the travellers again. Knew it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She works of course and contributes so I guess it's like a double trigger for the neanderthals.

I'd hope the social media companies become more proactive with this venom on their platforms than they are. Poisonous.

Most right wingers claim to work and pay tax. One of their gripes about folk immigrating over is assuming minorities are only interested in welfare etc. Folk are complex, even racists.

Thank you. You are the perfect example of the supposed champions of free speech warning us we might over use that word so we should stop using it, unless it's 'real' racism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

When a pack of nasty individuals are formed at the first opportunity; a lot of these idiots than have the so called authority or the gall to spout such outrageous crap to make themselves look foolish. If these neanderthals were actually paying their way by contributing to this country. They wouldn't have the nerve to make such comments to other people faces when seeing them out on a public street. These racist scumbags are vile individuals. Recently; there was a scumbag from this country who got sentenced to 3 years in prison for being an online troll to some female journalists & writers. These racists who posted these comments are increasing that risk of letting that happen to themselves. They have no shame & deserve everything they get by getting a huge prison sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i never thought "POC" would catch on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A fine lock in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Aren't we all POC? Just different ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

does she speak slow and deliberate so that people can understand her accent (like Conor McGregor) or is it just that she's used to speaking that way for children, like the way a teacher gets...?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The only way to deal with any of this trollism of whatever hue is to IGNORE it.

By publicising it and commenting on it etc. means the perpetrators get what they want.... Attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only way to deal with any of this trollism of whatever hue is to IGNORE it.

By publicising it and commenting on it etc. means the perpetrators get what they want.... Attention.
    More likely youtube will gut the channel now so I disagree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Bdjsjsjs

In my experience extremely boards people are racist n abusive. Most people know the boundary extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Dozens of brand new accounts arguing in support of those scumbag racist dickheads incoming.

No sign of them. How disappointing for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/NuachtRTE/status/1196487072443293701

I wonder how many of the racists can speak Irish as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

https://twitter.com/NuachtRTE/status/1196487072443293701

I wonder how many of the racists can speak Irish as well?

I see the Irish patriots are there at the end of thread starting on her again. Irish patriot's have to be the most idiotic class of absolute w***er i've come across. They've escalated from the closing time freedom fighter nonsense to this nonsense.

If you don't view someone as Irish because they are black what would you say to Paul McGrath if you ever met him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

ollkiller wrote: »
    I see the Irish patriots are there at the end of thread starting on her again. Irish patriot's have to be the most idiotic class of absolute w***er i've come across. They've escalated from the closing time freedom fighter nonsense to this nonsense.

If you don't view someone as Irish because they are black what would you say to Paul McGrath if you ever met him.

Oh ah.

Advertisement