If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" tv

Options
  • 18-11-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a 65" tv and was wondering which model would you recommend? Would be wary of the screen burn on OLED tvs so will stay clear of them this time. Would need Android OS so does that limit me to Sony?

Would need a tilt wall mount, and possibly a soundbar if the TV needs one. Budget is flexible (<1.5k) enough so open to suggestions.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Treviso wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a 65" tv and was wondering which model would you recommend? Would be wary of the screen burn on OLED tvs so will stay clear of them this time. Would need Android OS so does that limit me to Sony?

Would need a tilt wall mount, and possibly a soundbar if the TV needs one. Budget is flexible (<1.5k) enough so open to suggestions.

Cheers
    Hi Treviso,

If you're looking to steer clear of OLED and are looking for an Android Operating system I think the Sony LEDs would be your best bet. The Sonys are some of the best LED panels for contrast and motion. I would recommend the Sony KD65XG9505 at £1499:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203869-sony-bravia-kd65xg9505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

I think it will give you the best picture before going to an OLED panel.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Hi David,

Thanks for coming back to me. With the conversion to euro and needing a wall mount and possible soundbar, not sure I could stretch the budget to that model.

What's the main differences between these two?

Sony KD65XF9005 - https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx
    Sony KD65XG8505BU - https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203982-sony-bravia-kd65xg8505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Would either of these require a soundbar? Read a review for the F9005 that it did need one but not sure to believe it or not.

Hi David,

Thanks for coming back to me. With the conversion to euro and needing a wall mount and possible soundbar, not sure I could stretch the budget to that model.

What's the main differences between these two?

Sony KD65XF9005 - https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx
    Sony KD65XG8505BU - https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203982-sony-bravia-kd65xg8505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Would either of these require a soundbar? Read a review for the F9005 that it did need one but not sure to believe it or not.
    Hi Treviso,

The XF9005 would be the better TV as it uses a full array panel as opposed to the edge light on the XG8505. This means it will give better contrast and more natural brightness. It also has better motion processing than the 8 series as it has a better processor. The sound is not brilliant on any flat screen TV as they are so thin you can't fit very good speakers into them. The sound isn't bad it's just they lack the depth that a soundbar would give you and at high volumes they can be quite tinny but that would be in any flat screen TV.

Kind regards

David

Sounds good David, what soundbar would you recommend for the XF9005? Any bundles deals for the TV, tilt wall mount and soundbar?

Sounds good David, what soundbar would you recommend for the XF9005? Any bundles deals for the TV, tilt wall mount and soundbar?
    Hi Treviso,

I can do the following prices for you!

Sony KD65XF9005 - £1299
    Sanus BLT2 (tilting bracket) £59
    Cambridge TVB2 - £199
    Total: £1557 including shipping.

The TVB2 soundbar is a great unit with a separate wireless subwoofer!

Kind regards

David.

• Advertisement

Thanks David,

Nearly there I think. What would the euro prices be? Is the Yamaha YAS207 a better soundbar than the Cambridge - https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

I would like to mount the soundbar to the tv itself - is that possible with the BLT2 tilting bracket and either of the above soundbars (with the sanus soundbar bracket)?

Thanks David,

Nearly there I think. What would the euro prices be? Is the Yamaha YAS207 a better soundbar than the Cambridge - https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

I would like to mount the soundbar to the tv itself - is that possible with the BLT2 tilting bracket and either of the above soundbars (with the sanus soundbar bracket)?
    Hi Treviso,

The Yamaha YAS207 is a great soundbar as well! Both would be great choices for the Sony TV. My own personal preference for sound quality would be the Cambridge but they aren't too dissimilar and both can be attached to the Sanus soundbar mount.

The total euro prices would be:

Sony KD65XF9005 - 1499 euro
    Cambridge TVB2 - 249 euro
    Sanus BLT2 - 70 euro
    Sanus Soundbar Mount - 26.99 euro
    Total: 1844.99 euro

or

Sony KD65XF9005 - 1499 euro
    Yamaha YAS207 - 279 euro
    Sanus BLT2 - 70 euro
    Sanus Soundbar Mount - 26.99 euro
    Total: 1874.99 euro

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Went to a local retailer to see the tv in the flesh and was happy with it. Although I had a look at the Sony OLED KD55AG8BU as well and now I'm torn between the two. From reading up more on the OLED burn in issue, I don't think it would be an issue for me if I set it up properly. Is the OLED screen worth the screen reduction from 65 to 55 in your opinion?

Also, I see that prices for both the KD55AG8BU and KD65XF9005 are being matched by a lot of retailers out there, with similar long term guarantees (5 instead of 6 years). Surely there will be further reduction on these on Friday?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Went to a local retailer to see the tv in the flesh and was happy with it. Although I had a look at the Sony OLED KD55AG8BU as well and now I'm torn between the two. From reading up more on the OLED burn in issue, I don't think it would be an issue for me if I set it up properly. Is the OLED screen worth the screen reduction from 65 to 55 in your opinion?

Also, I see that prices for both the KD55AG8BU and KD65XF9005 are being matched by a lot of retailers out there, with similar long term guarantees (5 instead of 6 years). Surely there will be further reduction on these on Friday?
    Hi Trevison.

In my opinion the 55AG8 is one heck of a television and I'm tempted to purchase one myself at their current price.
    I currently have a LG OLED.

Screen burn is very rare and would mainly be an issue for gaming due to static images like the older Plasma's where.

The 55AG8 has already just dropped in price by around £500 about 2 weeks ago.
    The 65XF9005 is last years model and stock is running out fast. It too has just dropped recently by £100.

We still offer our Black Friday price promise where if a product is purchased and the price drops again on Black Friday you can drop us a call or email and we will refund any difference owed.

You mention other retailers matching prices.... Do you have any examples of these or links to the retailers?
    For a price beat it must following the following T&C's
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny,

I think I have decided on the 55AG8 alright. In terms of other retailers, you can see from pricespy.ie that most other retailers have the same tv for the same price - 1499 euro. Currys, Soundstore and Harvey Normans have a 5 year warranty instead of 6

https://pricespy.ie/audio-video/tvs/sony-bravia-kd-55ag8--p5059840

I now see you've reduced your price to 1489, but so have Harvey Normans (https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/sony-bravia-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-smart-tv-4548736095922.html)

Paying in sterling at the moment is coming out more expensive than the euro price so not really an option

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I think I have decided on the 55AG8 alright. In terms of other retailers, you can see from pricespy.ie that most other retailers have the same tv for the same price - 1499 euro. Currys, Soundstore and Harvey Normans have a 5 year warranty instead of 6

https://pricespy.ie/audio-video/tvs/sony-bravia-kd-55ag8--p5059840

I now see you've reduced your price to 1489, but so have Harvey Normans (https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/sony-bravia-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-smart-tv-4548736095922.html)

Paying in sterling at the moment is coming out more expensive than the euro price so not really an option
    Hi Treviso.

The Euro pricing is the better of the two currencies.

I checked over HarveyNormans and I can offer to beat their price by 10 Euro and offer it at 1479 Euro delivered.

Thanks Kenny,

Sounds good to me. I'd like to add the Sanus tilt mount (Sanus BLT2 - 70 euro) to the order as well

Will I send a PM with a contact details and get this put through today? 

Thanks Kenny,

Sounds good to me. I'd like to add the Sanus tilt mount (Sanus BLT2 - 70 euro) to the order as well

Will I send a PM with a contact details and get this put through today? 
    Hey Treviso.

No problem at all :D

If you PM your contact number we can get the order sorted today for you no problem.

PM sent

PM sent
    Cheers Treviso.

Will call you ASAP.

Kenny sent you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rover365

Hi Kenny,

Also looking at getting a 65'' and noted your feedback above. I have been looking at the Sony KDXF9005 and also the KDXG9505. Is there much difference to justify €300 difference?

While I am leaning towards the Sony's due to the android operating system, I also saw good reviews on the Samsung QE65Q70R in the same price range. Do you think this is much of an upgrade on the above Sonys or the other Samsung 65'' The Frame.

Thanks

Rover365 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

Also looking at getting a 65'' and noted your feedback above. I have been looking at the Sony KDXF9005 and also the KDXG9505. Is there much difference to justify €300 difference?

While I am leaning towards the Sony's due to the android operating system, I also saw good reviews on the Samsung QE65Q70R in the same price range. Do you think this is much of an upgrade on the above Sonys or the other Samsung 65'' The Frame.

Thanks
    Hi Rover365.

The XF9005 was last years Product of the year and 5 star reviewed in What HiFi.

There are a few differnces between the two versions.

They are both 100Hz which is one of the important things.
    The XG9505 can display Dolby Vision.

I suppose one of the things that would sway me towards the 65XF9005 is that it is a native 10 Bit panel. The XG9505 is 10bit but its made up of 8Bit + FRC.
    The XF9005 is one of the best LED on the market

The Samsung QLED's are a different technology and produce the better image to LED.
    The 65Q70 would be a fantastic purchase but your 500 Euro more than the 9005.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rover365

Hi Rover365.

I suppose one of the things that would sway me towards the 65XF9005 is that it is a native 10 Bit panel. The XG9505 is 10bit but its made up of 8Bit + FRC.
    The XF9005 is the best LED's for under 1000 Euro in my opinion.

The Samsung QLED's are a different technology and produce the better image to LED.

If you can do the sony 65xf9005 for under 1000 euro i'll take 2 :). Would you recommend the 65Q70 over it based on the price being the same

Pm sent

Rover365 wrote: »
    Hi Rover365.

If you can do the sony 65xf9005 for under 1000 euro i'll take 2 :). Would you recommend the 65Q70 over it based on the price being the same

Pm sent
    Hey Rover365.

I had been looking at the 55" version and posted that price by mistake, I have now corrected my post above.

The 65XF9005 is priced at £1099 or 1399 Euro.
    You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for you.

The John Lewis link you sent over to me is at the same price as ourselves at £1099 sterling. However they will not deliver to the South Of Ireland.

For us to offer a price beat it must be alike for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee.
    It must also include delivery if it can not be collected locally.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

From purchasing the Sony 55AG8 on Wednesday, I now see that it is priced at Harvey Norman for 1399 euro, stock available to pickup from a store nearby

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/sony-bravia-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-smart-tv-4548736095922.html

Can I be refunded the difference with the price I paid, as per your price beat promise? I have a screenshot of the deal in case you don't get the chance to view it till Monday

Hi Kenny,

From purchasing the Sony 55AG8 on Wednesday, I now see that it is priced at Harvey Norman for 1399 euro, stock available to pickup from a store nearby

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/sony-bravia-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-smart-tv-4548736095922.html

Can I be refunded the difference with the price I paid, as per your price beat promise? I have a screenshot of the deal in case you don't get the chance to view it till Monday
    Hi Treviso.

Our own price has also dropped to the 1399 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204097-sony-bravia-kd55ag8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

So no issue on refunding you back the difference.

If I beat them by 10 Euro it makes the TV 1389 Euro. Making a refund of 90 Euro owed to you.

We will drop you a little call ASAP. (It is very busy already here today but we will sort this as soon as we can).

Hi Treviso.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204097-sony-bravia-kd55ag8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

If I beat them by 10 Euro it makes the TV 1389 Euro. Making a refund of 90 Euro owed to you.

We will drop you a little call ASAP. (It is very busy already here today but we will sort this as soon as we can).

Thanks Kenny.

Received the refunded confirmation via email.

Thanks for acting on this so quickly, especially when ye guys must be extremely busy!

Hi Treviso.

Thanks Kenny.

Received the refunded confirmation via email.

Thanks for acting on this so quickly, especially when ye guys must be extremely busy!
    No problem at all Treviso.

It is mental here today but I wanted to get you sorted.

Everything is now processed back to you :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.