Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some advice on a situation please?

Options
  • 18-11-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Good evening all,

Just looking for some constructive advice on a situation.

Basically, of late, I feel that an old 'friend' who I have known for a couple of years is not really a friend. But they don't seem to get the subtle hint t yhat I no longer want to continue the friendship. Over time, I felt the friendship just became so toxic and overwhelming.
    This person has displayed some very what you may call 'erratic' behaviours. For example, they seem a bit of a 'party animal' and outside of work, a full working week of nearly 40 hours, Monday to Friday, they are constantly going out every night after work, and all day and night at weekends.
    They ask me to 'tag along' because they have recently come out of a long term relationship, ( and I barely ever seen them for dust when their boyfriend was on the scene) and not only that, they get very 'miffed' and borderline verbally abusive when I can't go for whatever reason, to the point I feel they are 'telling me what to do' in a bossy, overbearing way, and telling me how to run my life. Also, anytime we'd talk on the phone, this person would never let me get a word in edge ways, insistent on dominating the whole conversation, talking at a rapid lightening speed, making everything all about them.
    I recently confronted them, about how crazy their behaviour was and they again got very defensive, and more or less told me to lighten up. I then blocked them on all social media and on phone also, as I found their behaviour too much to bear anymore.
    After this argument and subsequent blocking, ( we have n't spoken in three months) they have now started trying to message members of my family (who they barely know and have literally spoken to once in their life for about half an hour) on social media, trying to get in contact with me, after I made it clear I wanted nothing more to do with them.
    What should I do??

Thanks.

Advertisement