Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 VW Passat CC temperature issue

• 18-11-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

My Passat since I’ve owned it over the last year never seems to get to operating temperature. Even on a long drive it might get there on and off a few times but only when it’s driven hard. Under normal driving conditions it gets maybe a notch off on the dash, but it will dip and rise quite frequently. I suppose the first thing to check would be the thermostat. Has anyone any experience changing a thermostat on a Passat CC? I’m told it’s a quick fix, that anyone could do but I can’t seem to find a decent YouTube video on how to do it.

I’ve had the car for over two years and the only issues it has is this temperature issue which also happens to the oil temperature. It just doesn’t seem to get up to temperature.

I wasn’t planning on looking too much into it as I didn’t have plans to keep the car long term. But I’ve fallen for her and with the mileage she’s soaking up I’d rather keep it and take the loss on the fact when I do have to sell it its gonna be with nada.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Access to the thermostat on the engine in your car is pretty limited so whatever Facebook or Google mechanic said it’s easy doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Advertisement