Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

DopeTech wrote: »
    Any Vodafone bloat/logos?

At some point during setup it installed the My Vodafone app on mine but was able to uninstall it after just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

was on vodafone live chat. asked about phone they told me this phone and all phones locked to vodafone network,

i wanna go sim only with eir,

so can this phone be used with eir or any provider with sim only plan or we need to get it unlocked..?

caper23 wrote: »
    was on vodafone live chat. asked about phone they told me this phone and all phones locked to vodafone network,

i wanna go sim only with eir,

so can this phone be used with eir or any provider with sim only plan or we need to get it unlocked..?

It's unlocked and will work with Eir. :)

It's unlocked and will work with Eir. :)

oh you just get one? you using it with eir?

whats the best way to order??

oh you just get one? you using it with eir?

whats the best way to order??

No, have a read of the previous posts. :)

if this phone is ordered and when it arrives it won't work with certain provider like eir for example because it might be sim locked. can you return for refund??

im with eir currently.

if i wanna order a sim to use to avail of phone offer from vodafone,

if i fill this form out to order sim they ask me for a phone number??? what does one fill in there??

im with eir currently.

if i fill this form out to order sim they ask me for a phone number??? what does one fill in there??

If you mean when ordering a sim from Eir, 48 etc., the phone number is just for the postman. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

im with eir currently.

Have a read of the previous posts.

• Advertisement

If you mean when ordering a sim from Eir, 48 etc., the phone number is just for the postman. :)

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

so your saying make up a phone number just for the form??

so your saying make up a phone number just for the form??

That is the complete opposite of what I said.

That is the complete opposite of what I said.

sorry don't quite understand how its done.

what do i put in as a number in this form for ordering a free sim?? as im currently a customer of eir obviously don't need the same number if im going to use it as a dummy one to order off vodafone

sorry don't quite understand how its done.

what do i put in as a number in this form for ordering a free sim?? as im currently a customer of eir obviously don't need the same number if im going to use it as a dummy one to order off vodafone

As I said, the phone number you put there is just for the postman in case he can't find your house. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Delivery Status Date
        Order on back order - 2020-11-17T11:35:44.000Z

Whatever back order means !!!

Ordered mine on Sunday
        Mine is still in back order also.

Think Ill try to chat support on the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

[PHP][/PHP]
        Berberis wrote: »
        Ordered mine on Sunday
        Mine is still in back order also.

Think Ill try to chat support on the app
        Have the same with one Order. Maybe its White colour? See what they will say on chat and let me know.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Checked with VF Chat before returning the €90 A21s having ordered a €40 one last night. As I'd opted out of all communications during ordering I didn't get a confirmation email ut had screengrabbed the order number. Chat confirmed the latest order has gone through so hopefully I've saved myself €40+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

I got on to Chat, not very clear answer from them to be honest.

Told me my order is under process with dedicated team.
        I asked if any idea when it will be shipped and she said to know order status I can contact @anpost.ie.
        Said I could use a number she gave me for shipping id.
        Tried the number on the an post tracking site, and they don't have it.

Ah sure it will come when it comes.
        It was a white one by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭mrpdap

As I said, the phone number you put there is just for the postman in case he can't find your house. :)

There is zero chance of the postman calling you if they can’t find your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone ordered A21s using lyca SIM successfully ?

Anyone ordered A21s using lyca SIM successfully ?

Yes. Ordered but not received yet.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi

Does the checkout process actually port your quoted number to Vodafone, or do you just need it for verification code to complete check out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Hi

Does the checkout process actually port your quoted number to Vodafone, or do you just need it for verification code to complete check out

They port the number to Vodafone that's why people are using fake sims.

Ok but ur order is not cancelled ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Vodafone cancel orders randomly. It's like a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sdiwan

Adverts has great deals on like new pixel 3s. I got mine for 250!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Sdiwan wrote: »
        Adverts has great deals on like new pixel 3s. I got mine for 250!

I bet you did lol

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

gerard2210 wrote: »
        They port the number to Vodafone that's why people are using fake sims.

OK thanks and how do you stop the recurring 20 a month PAYG fee, as soon as you get the phone, port the sim you used it to another provider?

OK thanks and how do you stop the recurring 20 a month PAYG fee, as soon as you get the phone, port the sim you used it to another provider?

You answered your own question there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Order cancelled again. What a joke of an operation.

still don't understand what to do sim??

so order a free sim from eir or whoever.. with my own number??
        does the sim then not have my number when i enter it into the vodafone system to order phone??
        does vodafone then not have my current number??

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭smilgy

Same thing happened to me this morning too..

does the sim then not have my number when i enter it into the vodafone system to order phone??

No. For the umpteenth time, the phone number you use when ordering the sim is just for delivery like when you order anything else online. It has nothing to do with the actual sim that arrives.

No. For the umpteenth time, the phone number you use when ordering the sim is just for delivery like when you order anything else online. It has nothing to do with the actual sim that arrives.

ok sorry.

and then when the sim arrives is the sim a new number??

ok sorry.

and then when the sim arrives is the sim a new number??

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Get a sim card you don't need( ie not your current number)

Order phone using this throwaway number and tell VF you want to keep this number but want it ported to VF .

Place order,when the order arrives,you will Place your sim card of the number you actually want to use into the phone and away you go.

Yes.

thank you.

and so far phones in this offer are sim unlocked?

Same thing with me but wasn't told.Only found out as I got onto live chat.

thank you.

and so far phones in this offer are sim unlocked?

Yes, the A21s and the Pixel 3a are both unlocked.

yabadabado wrote: »
        Same thing with me but wasn't told.Only found out as I got onto live chat.

Wasn't told either. Apparently stock issues.. Yet both colours are in stock now and when I ordered.

Live chat:

"The website does not get updated on the real time basis as far as the stock of the device is concerned"

As a telecoms company, they are appalling.

• Advertisement

when registering online do you use the new sim number or own personal email??

when registering online do you use the new sim number or own personal email??

Use the email address you used to place the order with. It will let check the order status this way.

Beware, the process for registering is pretty dire. They send you a six digit pass code to verify the email, but it's entirely random if it arrives with a few minutes or hours..

Wasn't told either. Apparently stock issues.. Yet both colours are in stock now and when I ordered.

Live chat:

"The website does not get updated on the real time basis as far as the stock of the device is concerned"

As a telecoms company, they are appalling.

I was told mine was cancelled due to a rare technical glitch and to reorder and it would probably be ok .

They are a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I was told mine was cancelled due to a rare technical glitch and to reorder and it would probably be ok .

They are a shambles.

My order was apparently submitted incorrectly and I will have to wait up to 28 days for a friggin refund. Disgraceful carry on...

smilgy wrote: »
        Use the email address you used to place the order with. It will let check the order status this way.

Beware, the process for registering is pretty dire. They send you a six digit pass code to verify the email, but it's entirely random if it arrives with a few minutes or hours..
        didn't order anything yet or register. but do i use my own personal everyday email or make up a new one???

didn't order anything yet or register. but do i use my own personal everyday email or make up a new one???

I don't think there should be any issues with using your regular email, especially if you're not already a Vodafone customer. Granted both my orders did get cancelled so your milage may vary!

I doubt they would be sending too much marketing material, although who knows!

• Advertisement

They are a shambles.

Second order now to be cancelled. First time they told me it was a porting issue, second time stock issue. Now they tell me its a technical issue that they've escalated and I can try to order again this afternoon... Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Anyone know if they offer is available in store also? Might be safer just going in to b&m at this stage. Livid!

carbsy wrote: »
        Anyone know if they offer is available in store also? Might be safer just going in to b&m at this stage. Livid!

It is but be aware they force you to buy the 20 euro top up.

Not cancelled, but has been "Order released for picking" since 2020-11-17

Not cancelled, but has been "Order released for picking" since 2020-11-17

Ok thanks....even my order is in that status...looks like ANpost is slow picking up deliveries !

• Advertisement
      Advertisement