Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Ordered the phone (A21s) on 14/11. Status moved to "awaiting pick up" today. (Friday 20/11). Thought it might be cancelled.

Yep, me too. Exactly the same date ordered and status changed to "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup" also.

Now we can just blame An Post :D

Can't get over how sh1te their website is too.. The interface is woeful. Borderline unusable. Who designs this stuff?

Not sure who is responsible for the web design but they were obviously paid peanuts!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are you all using 48 / Lyca sims to order online? Store told me those networks were specifically excluded from the offer so may be why online orders are failing...
    So the original offer T&Cs posted on the Vodafone website, 'Pay as you go Black Friday switching offer', exclude Lyca and Tesco Mobile.

I see there are now another set of T&Cs, 'Pay as you go Black Friday and Christmas switching offer' that exclude 48 as well as Lyca and Tesco Mobile.

To add to the confusion, the original set of T&Cs are still there.

So it would be useful to know if any of you whose orders haven't been cancelled used a 48/Lyca/TM SIM. And conversely, if anyone who used an Eir SIM had their order cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Quackster wrote: »
    So the original offer T&Cs posted on the Vodafone website, 'Pay as you go Black Friday switching offer', exclude Lyca and Tesco Mobile.

I see there are now another set of T&Cs, 'Pay as you go Black Friday and Christmas switching offer' that exclude 48 as well as Lyca and Tesco Mobile.

So it would be useful to know if any of you whose orders haven't been cancelled used a 48/Lyca/TM SIM. And conversely, if anyone who used an Eir SIM had their order cancelled.

I switched from Tesco and got the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Quackster wrote: »

I used a 48 sim, ordered last Friday, delivered Wednesday.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yep, me too. Exactly the same date ordered and status changed to "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup" also.

Now we can just blame An Post :D

Did ye use eir sim cards to port over?

Did ye use eir sim cards to port over?

No, I used a lyca sim on 14th.

No, I used a lyca sim on 14th.

That's gas. Their T and Cs state they don't accept Lyca, Tesco or 48...

Ridiculous. No one seems to have a clue in store or online so. As that's what my cancellations were blamed on (48 sim)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Deedee4

I signed up and requested to port a number from 48. I cannot track my order online as I cannot sign up to MyVodafone so no idea where I stand only that the money has been taken from my account

Deedee4 wrote: »
    the money has been taken from my account

That's one of the few things vf don't have a problem doing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Delivery Status Date
    Order in progress - 2020-11-20T14:48:18.000Z

Progress lol !! Moved from waiting for pick up to Order in Progress !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Deedee4 wrote: »
    no idea where I stand only that the money has been taken from my account

They took 2 €40s from my account then cancelled my orders.God knows when I'll see the money. I wouldn't mind but I'm not exactly flush at the moment and was waiting a few months for a good deal so I could get a phone. They've really ruined my week the fúckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Looks like Leo and Eamon Ryan have been reading our complaints on Boards and are listening!

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1120/1179419-eir-vodafone-complaints/

Two Government ministers have met with Eir and Vodafone, separately, to voice concerns about ongoing issues with the customer service they are providing.

The Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Leo Varadkar and Communications Minister Eamon Ryan held the meetings this morning.

The chief executive of Eir, Carolan Lennon, and other representatives are due to appear before the Oireachtas Committee on Transport and Communications next Wednesday.

The above should be broadcast if anyone's interested in watching. Presumably here.... https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/oireachtas-tv/ in room 1,2,3 or 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yabadabado wrote: »
    Another order cancelled ,they really are a disgrace.

I wouldn't mind the phone isn't even for me.€120 waiting to be refunded and the customer service rep's haven't a clue what they are doing.

It's not just them, the "support" they escalate it to, is equally as useless.

The worst of all is I know exactly how these companies work because I have an experience working in that field.

Here's what happens: this person on the phone, who has no clue, creates a support ticket. Then some junior gets assigned that ticket. Realizes it's something they don't know or have not encountered before, instead picks up an easy ticket and does that. Meanwhile the ticket that was created for me gets lost in the sea of tickets. The end.

So unless somebody with authority really pushes for things, they won't get done.

I had an issue where I bought a SIM from a Vodafone store and I asked for the content block (what a joke in the first place!) to be disabled. But websites (Reddit, Mega.nz, and those good ones...) are still blocked. I've been on to them over and over, escalating tickets. Nothing is done!

Then I bought another SIM from their store just as a test, online this time. And that one came with content block disabled. But I did not move my number at that time.

Turns out I cannot update the SIM with my old number so I had to buy another SIM and I went to their store and bought it thinking the first one must've been an anomaly. Guess what? The content is blocked and it won't unblock.

What is happening here most likely is that the batch of SIMs is probably provisioned incorrectly on their systems. And they either don't know how to fix it or don't want to fix it. I got in touch with them again and again nothing is done.

Dealing with telecommunication companies is a nightmare! And it's even worse because I know how hopeless it is to try to get them to do anything else other than something super easy like changing your name. Really, it's like gazelles crossing a river in Africa, whoever crosses it is OK, but some get eaten by crocodiles. Just the way it works.

What I'll do is: once this plan is over, I'll move the number to three, use that for a month and then move it back (through online order this time) and hope that everything turns out OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Can't get over how sh1te their website is too.. The interface is woeful. Borderline unusable. Who designs this stuff?

Their website is not the best I've often had trouble logging into my account on a pc device but no issues going into app on phone. I've ordered from them before and no issue I remember getting items within 2 days but I think with the way things are could take 5-7 days to deliver with an post which are likely in undated at the moment.

I say what has happened a lot more people are working from home and not as many are working in store or at headquarters. Maybe things might ease once current level 5 restrictions are lifted.

starlit wrote: »
    I say what has happened a lot more people are working from home and not as many are working in store or at headquarters. Maybe things might ease once current level 5 restrictions are lifted.

The website was brutal well before covid.

It was but has not improved over the years. What I mean by issues with orders are likely most people are working from home and can't keep up with the orders. Could just be the website itself having issues with orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

yabadabado wrote: »
    I've spent the last hour trying to get the order ro process. Get as far as entering my name and address and then I get error message and can't move onto the last stage to pay and complete the order.

Its half working as I got an email to say I'd registered my account etc.

Tried everything and no joy .

Are you using a new sim to change over to Vodafone. Sometimes the port gets rejected. Happened to me last year with a new meteor sim. Had to top up by a 5er and make a call before EIR woukd release the number.

• Advertisement

It was but has not improved over the years. What I mean by issues with orders are likely most people are working from home and can't keep up with the orders. Could just be the website itself having issues with orders.

Many people got free phones as well after support refunding and phone turning up later..absolute mockery along with no reason cancellation

Only fair point to them is people are just buying new sims and porting and they allow it😄😄

Only fair point to them is people are just buying new sims and porting and they allow it😄😄

And long may it continue!!

Many people got free phones as well after support refunding and phone turning up later..absolute mockery along with no reason cancellation

I see so are people just buying new phones with new numbers/sim and then changing it back to their original one?

I see so are people just buying new phones with new numbers/sim and then changing it back to their original one?

Not even that just get a new sim, port and throw new voda sim in the bin😄😄 atleast thats what i do

Its no different to buying sim free without a sim or getting prepay sim and then changing it to a bill pay sim or vice versa!? :)

These orders are shipped from a Fonua warehouse somewhere in Dublin, nothing to do with people working remotely. Most of VFs service staff are outsourced in Asia anyway.

No excuse for rubbish service and zero communication when they cancel an order without reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

piplip87 wrote: »
    Are you using a new sim to change over to Vodafone. Sometimes the port gets rejected. Happened to me last year with a new meteor sim. Had to top up by a 5er and make a call before EIR woukd release the number.

The sim im using tonport has been used previously.
    VF simply don't have a clue and if this phone was for myself I'd have walked away by now but its an Xmas present so stuck trying.
    Made another order today and thats it then ,I'll go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Delivery Status Date
    Order in progress - 2020-11-20T14:48:18.000Z

Progress lol !! Moved from waiting for pick up to Order in Progress !

Alot of changes in 1 day! Same happened to me. Just checked tracking id on an post website and now an post have picked it up. Will get it by next Tuesday hopefully

physioman wrote: »
    Alot of changes in 1 day! Same happened to me. Just checked tracking id on an post website and now an post have picked it up. Will get it by next Tuesday hopefully

Same here !!

• Advertisement

20 November 2020 16:43

We have your post in DUBLIN 11

Lucky you!!

Their live chat reps are useless. I feel sorry for them as they clearly don't understand what you're asking them, probably trying their best but clearly outsourced.

Can't even get the 6 digit code to register for an account to check my order.. The pin code arrives like an hour after you request it, to sign in, and by then it's expired..

Lucky you!!

Their live chat reps are useless. I feel sorry for them as they clearly don't understand what you're asking them, probably trying their best but clearly outsourced.

Can't even get the 6 digit code to register for an account to check my order.. The pin code arrives like an hour after you request it, to sign in, and by then it's expired..

Yeah I had the same problem initially. Took a couple of days as I kept asking for a new code. Got there eventually

Yeah I had the same problem initially. Took a couple of days as I kept asking for a new code. Got there eventually

I use my same account now they fixed error of logging in for existing customers and it works now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Ah I knew I could rely on Vodafone. Just got a text from an Post to inform they be delivering a package to me within next 3 working days.

Berberis wrote: »
    Ah I knew I could rely on Vodafone. Just got a text from an Post to inform they be delivering a package to me within next 3 working days.

What sim provider did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Lucky you!!

I had the same issue last Saturday, tried about a dozen times but the email took over an hour to come through. I tried early on Sunday morning and got the code almost straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

What sim provider did you use?

I had an old 3 sim card that I bought during the summer to put in a mobile wifi for a month. So credit was gone but number still active so it could take calls and receive texts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yes... Their chat agents don't seem to have a clue and are clearly in a different Country. Told me yesterday that my order was in the process of being picked and congratulated me on my ' shiny new phone '. Got back onto chat today and order cancelled again with money taken AGAIN. Jesus it's pushed me over the edge with them atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

carbsy wrote: »
    Yes... Their chat agents don't seem to have a clue and are clearly in a different Country. Told me yesterday that my order was in the process of being picked and congratulated me on my ' shiny new phone '. Got back onto chat today and order cancelled again with money taken AGAIN. Jesus it's pushed me over the edge with them atm.

Egypt apparently. Had a good chat with one while renegotiating my home broadband contract:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mav11 wrote: »
    Egypt apparently. Had a good chat with one while renegotiating my home broadband contract:D

Hahaha

I had a serious communication issue with a fella today.
    "I need to talk to someone about my order" and he started explaining he couldn't talk about that .

I was thinking wtf ,i eventually realised he thought I was saying my father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Will more than likely be cancelled without notification.

I have been charged for the phone. But I will let you know.

castle2012 wrote: »
    I have been charged for the phone. But I will let you know.

They charge you straight away. But often cancel the following day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

I ordered the Samsung A21 yesterday and got an order id. I setup my vodafone and yesterday it said order submitted, today no information and no place that I can see to check the status of the order.

Is there any link for checking status?

Tracking was working yesterday and today stopped working lol..what a mess..i am sure its on its way to me but still

Tracking was working yesterday and today stopped working lol..what a mess..i am sure its on its way to me but still

Mine was delivered this morning. Very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzo

Ordered mine on the 17th and got delivered this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

How much does it cost to get the Samsung unlocked and do you have any websites where I can get it unlocked

kala85 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to get the Samsung unlocked and do you have any websites where I can get it unlocked

It comes unlocked out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

kala85 wrote: »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-SAMSUNG-A21s-A71-A51-A41-A70-A50-A40-A20E-Three-Vodafone-Eir-Ireland-/111795693132

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone got white colour. Still waiting from 17.11

• Advertisement
Advertisement