Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Actually, found my order under My Records option. Status is Cancelled now. Used 48 sim to place the order yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Can you order numerous phones on the same email address, or how are people getting around multiple orders and email? Have had an order cancelled using lyca mobile, and that was the reason given for the cancellation

Some of us can't even get one phone ordered and tbh it's pretty fustrating when some people are getting 6 or 7 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

It was third time lucky for me, hopefully.

First 2 orders were cancelled. My third order was with an existing Vodafone account (home broadband), different debit card but same 48 SIM.

Last order was released for picking so I'm hoping that means the order has gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭madmaxvideo

carbsy wrote: »
    Some of us can't even get one phone ordered and tbh it's pretty fustrating when some people are getting 6 or 7 of them.

It is frustrating and I'm sure the same are selling on for a considerable mark up, but then that is just the way some people operate. I was looking for a surprise for my kids stocking, but when I look at different phones and try to order it says that the email is already registered, and the online chat are as useful as a chocolate teapot

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

I have no experience with changing mobile networks or ordering sims, should i use a throw away email address to order a sim from eir? at the bottom of the page they want a mobile phone number, should i give them my real number? i don't want it ported to eir. i have always been vodafone and want to get the deal ofc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

It is frustrating and I'm sure the same are selling on for a considerable mark up, but then that is just the way some people operate. I was looking for a surprise for my kids stocking, but when I look at different phones and try to order it says that the email is already registered, and the online chat are as useful as a chocolate teapot

That's what happened to me when I tried to order. My email must have been registered when I bought the pixel last year.
    Once I put a . somewhere in my email address it went through.
    I still used my same phone number, address etc as I did last year when I bought the pixel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I ordered one this morning, got the text to confirm to the switching sim, took payment but no confirmation number/e-mail.
    Not looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

The Mulk wrote: »
    I ordered one this morning, got the text to confirm to the switching sim, took payment but no confirmation number/e-mail.
    Not looking good!

That's normal, you have to register an account to check the status of the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Not looking good!

Ordered today..Mine is submitted dont expect anyone to process it on a sunday

Ordered today..Mine is submitted dont expect anyone to process it on a sunday

Cheers, I'll keep the faith so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Is this available in store or only online does anyone know?

Just got e-mail confirmation there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would imagine there will be more on sale tomorrow when they cancel all the 48/Lycra/Tesco Sim orders when they are back in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

so ordered yestersday.
    when i log into vodafone online to check order status i have 2 accounts in the top drop down. the 1000xxxxxx acount number.

1 order is showing submitted and i have a tracking number and shipping id..

the 2nd order shows cancelled.

i only ordered once so dunno what the story is.

when does one know if the order is gone through amd is going to be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

has anybody gotten refunded for canceled orders yet ? i ordered last sunday, order says canceled but no refund

has anybody gotten refunded for canceled orders yet ? i ordered last sunday, order says canceled but no refund

Mine is pending shud drop off tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Literally getting reset password emails 48 hours after I requested them.

What a joke of a company.

caper23 wrote: »
    so ordered yestersday.
    when i log into vodafone online to check order status i have 2 accounts in the top drop down. the 1000xxxxxx acount number.

1 order is showing submitted and i have a tracking number and shipping id..

the 2nd order shows cancelled.

i only ordered once so dunno what the story is.

when does one know if the order is gone through amd is going to be posted?
    U r good..second might be ur old cancelled order

does that mean so as i have a shipping order my order is good ready to post??

when phone comes should i cancel or delete details in vodafone online account??

• Advertisement

only ordered once!

caper23 wrote: »
    does that mean so as i have a shipping order my order is good ready to post??

when phone comes should i cancel or delete details in vodafone online account??

Yes..should show shipping status also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya it should do that for vodafone account about status of order. The an post tracking status can take a few days to appear on the an post tracking app/website page. You might get a text and or email from an post about it. It can vary.

Yes..should show shipping status also

i have a shipping order id and a tracking order id wgich is same number.. that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

milky88 wrote: »
    I would like to order one of the Samsungs. I'm with 3 and don't want to move to vodafone. If anyone could help me with what to do I will really appreciate it (I'm a bit slow with things like this) Mick

So you want a new phone but don’t want to have to do any of the work involved?

milky88 wrote: »
    I would like to order one of the Samsungs. I'm with 3 and don't want to move to vodafone. If anyone could help me with what to do I will really appreciate it (I'm a bit slow with things like this) Mick

Order a free sim from eir and use it to order once u get it

• Advertisement

Carphone Warehouse are doing the same deal in store. I'll just pop in there in the morning instead as I'm not chancing ordering from Vodafone direct again... shambles.

Carphone Warehouse are doing the same deal in store. I'll just pop in there in the morning instead as I'm not chancing ordering from Vodafone direct again... shambles.

Wonder will you have to spend €20 for credit in store?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder will you have to spend €20 for credit in store?

Probably but they give you a voucher usually but I need cred anyhow so grand.

Website had limited stock of Samsung A21's back in for 10 mins just now but now out of stock again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Anyone else refused because of age.

"Your age doesn't match the plan"

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Anyone else refused because of age.

"Your age doesn't match the plan"

What age did you put down and what plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Probably but they give you a voucher usually but I need cred anyhow so grand.

What voucher?

Thanks

Thanks,

G.

Order placed yesterday cancelled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Order placed yesterday cancelled...

Are they actually cancelling all the orders done with Lyca and 48 Sims?

Are they actually cancelling all the orders done with Lyca and 48 Sims?

I used eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

I used eir

I'd just go for the 100 off the redmi note 9 if I was buying

Too much demand for the Samsung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I used eir

Same here, and they cancelled that too. Crap operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

My order is still showing submitted but I see the following delivery status.

Order released for picking - 2020-11-20

Does anyone know if this is a good sign?

konline wrote: »
    My order is still showing submitted but I see the following delivery status.

Order released for picking - 2020-11-20

Does anyone know if this is a good sign?

yes you should get it soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I ordered early last week and the port went through this morning. I used a spare 48 sim, order seems to be completed in MyVodafone anyway. Will check the post when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I ordered early last week and the port went through this morning. I used a spare 48 sim, order seems to be completed in MyVodafone anyway. Will check the post when I get home.

I think ports from 48 are not allowed. Check the T and Cs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I ported a 48 sim over, granted I did order on the 13th but I think others who even ordered after it appeared in the terms and conditions have managed to get one. They added that stipulation to the terms and conditions on the free samsung buds mid campaign also and again it was pot luck whether you got them or not using a 48 sim. They seems very disorganised.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I ordered before they changed the T&C even though it took them several days to pick the order itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

DopeTech wrote: »
    I ported a 48 sim over, granted I did order on the 13th but I think others who even ordered after it appeared in the terms and conditions have managed to get one. They added that stipulation to the terms and conditions on the free samsung buds mid campaign also and again it was pot luck whether you got them or not using a 48 sim. They seems very disorganised.

There are different T+Cs for the various PAYG and billpay offers.

Some don't allow 48,Tesco or Lyca ports.

People should check before porting . Maybe the OP can edit their post to include this as it might catch people out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ordered 17/11. Delivered this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

email got this morning that order was received, when i use order number on the track my order page it gives an error, is this normal?

For the a21

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Sonya4u

Can I please ask what is provably a stupid question!

Received my Eir sim this morning, going to try for the A21 offer. Do i need to activate and create an account for my Eir sim card before I can try port over to Vodafone offer?

Thanks in advance for advice!

Picked one up in Carphone Warehouse earlier. Zero hassle. No money missing from my account. Simples. Are ye all trying to save the €20 topup or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Picked one up in Carphone Warehouse earlier. Zero hassle. No money missing from my account. Simples. Are ye all trying to save the €20 topup or something?

What network did you switch from? Some people don't have a carphone warehouse near them.

Plus the whole covid pandemic thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mtkenne2

Can I ask did you move to Vodafone? I’d love the a21..

Advertisement