Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

grogi wrote: »
    Get Eir simcard, port your number and go back to VF porting the number again.

Any idea if I need a new email or anything with this? Looking to switch to VF bill pay and get a pixel 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Any idea if I need a new email or anything with this? Looking to switch to VF bill pay and get a pixel 5.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

grogi wrote: »
    No.

Great, so basically free phone for a few minutes hassle as opposed to 200!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Great, so basically free phone for a few minutes hassle as opposed to 200!

Yes. It is criminal that they keep pulling this ****, but that's what you have to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Ordered yesterday here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Final try to order and it got cancelled !! Guess its issue with eir numbers i am trying to port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Final try to order and it got cancelled !! Guess its issue with eir numbers i am trying to port

Did you get over the "unable to add card Issue", I'm still getting that? PITH:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Two cancellations. Tried an Eir sim that I registered and put €5 credit on it. Any suggestions?

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Did you get over the "unable to add card Issue", I'm still getting that? PITH:mad:

Tried a random email and it worked😂😂..does not
    Work for existing
    Account

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

i am looking to port over from 3, and avail of the A21s with the €100 off, i get the verification code sent by sms but i cant go any future, it says on the order page they are experiencing some incompatibilities and my cart becomes empty, if it was out of stock while does it let me proceeds to the checkout page?

is anyone else having a similar experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

ash2020 wrote: »
    i am looking to port over from 3, and avail of the A21s with the €100 off, i get the verification code sent by sms but i cant go any future, it says on the order page they are experiencing some incompatibilities and my cart becomes empty, if it was out of stock while does it let me proceeds to the checkout page?

is anyone else having a similar experience

Try in an Incognito browser.

Tried a random email and it worked😂😂..does not
    Work for existing
    Account

Nah, didn't work. Fcuk them at this stage, it'll be less hassle putting a new screen in my current phone and for all the grief they've caused me I'm going to ditch them as my Broadband provider too. That's another thing they're sh*t at.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

I made the order on the 21st Nov and it still shows as SUBMITTED, with just an order shipping ID. No other update since then.

Customer support on chat say I do not need to worry, anpost will deliver my order.

Should I believe them?

How come some people who made the order later got it already delivered, while my order status remains still the same, after a week?

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Nah, didn't work. Fcuk them at this stage, it'll be less hassle putting a new screen in my current phone and for all the grief they've caused me I'm going to ditch them as my Broadband provider too. That's another thing they're sh*t at.

I am counting down the days to the expiration of my VF broadband contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

I ordered samsung a21s yesterday morning, and phone arrived today.

bondja80 wrote: »

Don't Fcuking rub it in, :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

bondja80 wrote: »

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I finally managed to buy one.
    Called to Carphone warehouse and it was straightforward enough, although I had to also buy €20 credit.

Just to be aware,they will ask you to call the store phone from the number you are porting over so have credit on it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

yabadabado wrote: »
    Called to Carphone warehouse and it was straightforward enough, although I had to also buy €20 credit.

Just to be aware,they will ask you to call the store phone from the number you are porting over so have credit on it.
    That didn't happen to me. Although previous experience prepared me for that eventuality and I had my Yolla account set up with the number to be ported so I could make such a call without having topped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

yabadabado wrote: »

Must be store specific as they just sent a 4 digit code to my number to verify....

Looks like entire vodafone network is down across ireland including broadband and data ! Not surprised����

Looks like entire vodafone network is down across ireland including broadband and data ! Not surprised����

It's a DNS issue. Try changing your DNS to 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 ( Cloudfare ). Works for me....

carbsy wrote: »
    It's a DNS issue. Try changing your DNS to 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 ( Cloudfare ). Works for me....

was wondering why my laptop was okay but I'm on a VPN so that explains it!

How ??

Obviously this is for your home WIFI only

• Advertisement

Sorted

8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (google) is another option.

Their 4G network seems totally gone. Working ok on 3G atm though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Just received my Huawei p smart 2021 phone absolutely steal for 69.99 euros very happy with the phone,used a eir SIM card to port over but it hasn't changed to Vodafone yet?(probably with Vodafone having problems today) I'm a bit confused because I put in eir SIM which I haven't topped up yet it's reading the sim fine and normally it shouldn't allow it so I'm confused is the phone already unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Darksoul wrote: »
    Just received my Huawei p smart 2021 phone absolutely steal for 69.99 euros very happy with the phone,used a eir SIM card to port over but it hasn't changed to Vodafone yet?(probably with Vodafone having problems today) I'm a bit confused because I put in eir SIM which I haven't topped up yet it's reading the sim fine and normally it shouldn't allow it so I'm confused is the phone already unlocked?

Must be unlocked.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Their 4G network seems totally gone. Working ok on 3G atm though!

Finally back on 4G! Hurrah! :rolleyes::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone who has the A21s please confirm for me, if its got the option of WiFi calling (subject to network inclusion).?

... I'm getting conflicting reports, hence looking to confirm with actual phone owners.

Many thanks

Hi. I got the A21s from Vodafone yesterday and Wi-Fi calling is working perfectly (Eir network)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

soycuba wrote: »
    Just ordered the A21s myself successfully online. Am I right in saying it will come unlocked and is dual sim?

Yep dual sim and unlocked. Got mine yesterday and using Eir sim in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

4G is back to normal.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    4G is back to normal.

Not for me. Getting dire 2G speeds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Darksoul wrote: »

Where did you order this, as it was online briefly but not available to order online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Wife rang up carphonewarehouse and they said that you have to have the eir sim card at least a month or it would not work when porting. Is this total bull**** or what. How would they know how long we have it?? Looks like they have copped on to all that's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Redrocket wrote: »
    Where did you order this, as it was online briefly but not available to order online?

I ordered last Thursday night and got the phone from vodafone.ie website and an post delivered it finally today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wife rang up carphonewarehouse and they said that you have to have the eir sim card at least a month or it would not work when porting. Is this total bull**** or what. How would they know how long we have it?? Looks like they have copped on to all that's going on.
    Must be BS as I successfully ported an Eir SIM within hours of receiving it in the post.

I was watching ' Greenland ' at the time of the outage! lol If you've seen it.... ;)

Total bull.

Not for me. Getting dire 2G speeds....

Finally back to normal 4G speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Carphone warehouse have a Huawei p30 lite for 100 euro (plus 20 euro credit) when you port.

I'd stump up the extra €60 for that if I couldn't get the samsung.
    I doubt the p30 lite would be unlocked though or would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Cant believe some companies make YOU ring their phone rather than other way around when getting a discount for " porting " number.

Obviously copped my trick of using a unused sim to get €50 credit for switching networks. Got great joy out of getting €50 off this shower. Samsung also gave me €50 offer. So €10₩ off.
    Also the staff in my local vodafone shop could do with training from Fergal Quinn on customer service. How ironic given they are the most expensive network.

I currently have a samsung A70. Which I bought new with €100 off.Great phone but I usually sell and upgrade ever year.

Anybody know of a better new samsung model going for a bargain. I think I will go for more memory than my current 128GB. Must be a great bargain.

Thanks for any tips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I do agree RE customer service in store. Some of the staff are sound out but the woman I was dealing with the other day barely spoke to me, very unpleasant and amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

I do agree RE customer service in store. Some of the staff are sound out but the woman I was dealing with the other day barely spoke to me, very unpleasant and amateurish.[/quo

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

cianof wrote: »
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 128GB Storage PAYG switcher offer.

@ €209.99 w/ €100 off when switching to vodafone.

Total: €109.99

Not sure how much ram it comes with.

This is the best offer I have seen so far for this phone. Comes with charger and a silicon case afaik.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-9.html?gallery=payg

Is the xaoimi SIM free by any chance too

• Advertisement

This makes sense as i was able to order with two old sims i had from eir but not with new ones !! Orders got cancelled

Advertisement