Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would it matter if bought in store, is it less likely to be unlocked does anyone know please

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 in Vodafone store last year and it was locked. Having said that... I bought the A21S in Carphone Warehouse this year and it was unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

why is it so hard to find live chat on their bloody store..

I could never find it on their website. I just installed the awful Vodafone app on my phone and contacted them that way... Then deleted it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

It's not that hard to find.......

www.vodafone.ie/support

Chat pops up in bottom right after a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I think you have to be signed in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you're on Twitter they are helpful there too.

twitter/VodafoneIreland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

jhammer wrote: »
    I think you have to be signed in

I've used the chat twice without signing in FWIW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Quackster wrote: »
    Dual SIM? Unlocked??
    carbsy wrote: »
    I'd like to know this too...

Yes to both and proper dual sim with space for a memory card and 2 sims, not a hybrid that you can have either 2 sims or 1 sim and a memory card.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Yes to both and proper dual sim with space for a memory card and 2 sims, not a hybrid that you can have either 2 sims or 1 sim and a memory card.
    Excellent, thanks! Family member is interested in this phone so this is the way to go methinks.

• Advertisement

BTW the Redmi 9 ( not note ) is virtually identical and €40 less when you port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

BTW the Redmi 9 ( not note ) is virtually identical and €40 less when you port.

A steal at 70 if you get it

Henryq. wrote: »

Just ring them and collect in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Henryq. wrote: »

Do you know by any chance if Redmi 9 is unlocked?

So i DMd VF on Twitter and they tell me that the phones bought from the store are all locked to Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

So i DMd VF on Twitter and they tell me that the phones bought from the store are all locked to Vodafone

there not going to tell u that the phones are unlocked as u are going to use there network

• Advertisement

Of course they told you that but it isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Upsidedown321

Has anyone bought an iPhone from Vodafone recently? In particular the XR. Do iPhones come locked to Vodafone or Unlocked like some other devices?

Quackster wrote: »
    Of course they told you that but it isn't true.
    there not going to tell u that the phones are unlocked as u are going to use there network

ok feck it, I'll take the chance. My eir sim card should be here tomorrow, I'll head over to the Fone and get the a21s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Just to update everyone - we got the a41 today and it was unlocked. It's also a very nice phone - the screen is more vivid than my Pixel 3a and that screen is already pretty nice.

Hope this helps anyone with plans to gift it his Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 conor9369

Can anyone confirm that the deal they have online for switching to Vodafone PAYG Google Pixel 4a save €100 euro is also available in store or is this just for online purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

ok feck it, I'll take the chance. My eir sim card should be here tomorrow, I'll head over to the Fone and get the a21s

Picked up the a21 in-store. I was told you must put in Vodafone SIM first, and then because it's a dual SIM any other second SIM will work? First IMEI is locked, second isn't .Haven't tried yet, getting confusing now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Picked up the a21 in-store. I was told you must put in Vodafone SIM first, and then because it's a dual SIM any other second SIM will work? First IMEI is locked, second isn't .Haven't tried yet, getting confusing now!

They are most likely spoofing, try it and see if they are correct...no one else has reported that a VF SIM was required.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They are most likely spoofing, try it and see if they are correct...no one else has reported that a VF SIM was required.

Hopefully. had to buy a Vodafone top up 20 euro SIM with it anyway, so it shouldn't lock to it if I use up that first should it?

Hopefully. had to buy a Vodafone top up 20 euro SIM with it anyway, so it shouldn't lock to it if I use up that first should it?

Put in the SIM you will normally use in each slot in turn before putting in the VF SIM. At least then it won't matter if it locks to first SIM inserted.

I still think they're spoofing.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115325546&postcount=462

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

FGR wrote: »
    Just to update everyone - we got the a41 today and it was unlocked. It's also a very nice phone - the screen is more vivid than my Pixel 3a and that screen is already pretty nice.

is it a dual sim version you got? also is there any bloatware from vodafone? thinking of getting one for wifey.

I have that with a Samsung A40 I bought from Three last year. It's locked to Three but as long as I have a Three SIM in one slot, any SIM will work in the other. Cheap to unlock if I wanted to anyway but I've no need to.

Saying that, I picked up a Vodafone A21s from Carphone Warehouse a few weeks ago and it's fully unlocked.

Any one tried porting with tesco number. i tried tesco and lyca but it is asking me to visit store to complete the porting and purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Any one tried porting with tesco number. i tried tesco and lyca but it is asking me to visit store to complete the porting and purchase.

From a previous post in the thread:

"VF aren't accepting numbers from Tesco, Lyca or 48. So an Eir or three SIM are the only options"

Order an Eir sim. Should have it 24/48 hours.

GBX wrote: »
    From a previous post in the thread:

"VF aren't accepting numbers from Tesco, Lyca or 48. So an Eir or three SIM are the only options"

Order an Eir sim. Should have it 24/48 hours.

Thanks. just ordered an Eir sim, not sure if am going to get it soon with all the postal delays.

so when you bought it you just put your sim card straight in? no messing around? what network are you with

• Advertisement

Any update on the unlockedness of this :)

so when you bought it you just put your sim card straight in? no messing around? what network are you with

It's a GoMo sim and worked immediately without issue. It may be the case that it's one of the phones that locks to the first network you connect it with; but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fully unlocked either.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    is it a dual sim version you got? also is there any bloatware from vodafone? thinking of getting one for wifey.

I ran it by the boss who has it - she's confirmed it's a dual sim. No bloatware either. Thankfully.

I hope we see a day where all phones arrive in factory stock configuration. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

I ran it by the boss who has it - she's confirmed it's a dual sim. No bloatware either. Thankfully.

I hope we see a day where all phones arrive in factory stock configuration. :pac:

all phones in the uk from next year must all be unlocked as anybody porting over to another network can do so with there phone being locked to a network will it come here i wonder?

Any update on the unlockedness of this :)

Sorry, no update, still debating which SIM is best for teen present. Might go PAYG Tesco, majority of time might use wi-fi at home so not sure I need to pay each month. Will post as soon as I try SIM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Is the redmi phone any good

Managed to get a Eir sim after lot of hassle. Only to find out pixel 3a is out of stock 🙄

all phones in the uk from next year must all be unlocked as anybody porting over to another network can do so with there phone being locked to a network will it come here i wonder?

If anything that will be the end of any discounts on handsets - especially when it will be general knowledge. At the moment most people believe these phones are locked and that's why VF are taking the small hit on the few people who would chance their arm with an Eir sim.

But the pro on this is that certain handsets will no longer be 'exclusive' to certain networks. Which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Does VF do any black friday type offers in January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Does VF do any black friday type offers in January?

Do you mean January sale type offers, usually towards the end of the month.

Black Friday is a commercial holiday created around the US holiday of Thanksgiving, similarly with cyber Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Black Friday is a commercial holiday created around the US holiday of Thanksgiving, similarly with cyber Monday

Really? :rolleyes:

I tried once more for the laugh to order from Vodafone.ie using a valid Eir SIM. Cancelled 9 days later... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is there any good offer right now ? Dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I bought Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 in a Vodafone store over the weekend. 128GB for €110 with EIR sim. Had to buy a €20 top up with it but I'm with Vodafone anyway

Yeah. I was trying to get the Redmi 9 for €79 which is nearly identical to the Note 9 for €40 less. I'll just pop into the Vodafone store and snag it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    I bought Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 in a Vodafone store over the weekend. 128GB for €110 with EIR sim. Had to buy a €20 top up with it but I'm with Vodafone anyway

I didn’t read T&Cs on website but I did notice that their TV ad shows that €20 top up is required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Yeah. I was trying to get the Redmi 9 for €79 which is nearly identical to the Note 9 for €40 less. I'll just pop into the Vodafone store and snag it tomorrow.

Are they both unlocked ?

Are they both unlocked ?

No idea. I'll know tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

No idea. I'll know tomorrow! :D

Please let us know. Waiting for the information to decide buying it.

Please let us know. Waiting for the information to decide buying it.

Note 9 is unlocked, 9 is probably unlocked too.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115594376&postcount=1242
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115610068&postcount=1262

• Advertisement
Advertisement