Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Thanks for that lads, I was just worried I had signed up to a recurring charge.
    The final charge was €89.99 but I had had trouble actually getting the site to accept my details. Turned out the sim Iwas planning the port with wasn't seated properly in the phone. Eventually got about six verification codes:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bliger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

bliger wrote: »

Order a few free Meteor sim cards and top up by a 5er. Buy 3 of these 120 quid. Bring two of them to CEX sell for 108 (125 if you get them unlocked).

Your left with a serious phone and 216 in your pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

piplip87 wrote: »
    Order a few free Meteor sim cards and top up by a 5er. Buy 3 of these 120 quid. Bring two of them to CEX sell for 108 (125 if you get them unlocked).

Your left with a serious phone and 216 in your pocket.

I guess you meant Eir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anyone know will this be locked to VF?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Most likely, as I bought a dual sim Samsung a10 last year and came locked. They wouldn't unlock it even though I bought it prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bliger

it is locked, but its usually about tenner to get it unlocked (from ebay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pity the Vodafone online ordering system is complete rubbish. It seems to be a lottery whether it manages to process an order. Often it will be take the money and then be unable to find the order after.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just ordered one using a spare 48 SIM went through grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

DopeTech wrote: »
    Pity the Vodafone online ordering system is complete rubbish. It seems to be a lottery whether it manages to process an order. Often it will be take the money and then be unable to find the order after.

It's a joke, happened to me when I tried to buy the Pixel and now it won't process anything for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

If it's still the same as last year I'll be giving it a miss. Ordered three and got one. Took months to get my money back from them. I had to initiate a chargeback because their fb customer agent gave me the run around for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I bought a phone last year and it seemed to have a fundamental fault. However I ended up going to comreg and even then, VF couldn't get the refund right. They used to be so good at dealing with things, not anymore.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bought the Samsung A40 from Three just before Christmas last year in a similar offer and it was dual-SIM. I wonder if the A21S is dual-SIM too?

The thing with it is even though it's locked to Three, once a Three SIM is in one of the slots, the other slot will take any SIM. So I haven't bothered unlocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Its actually heartbreaking trying to use the Vodafone website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just ordered one using a spare 48 SIM went through grand

Its not grand until they dispatch it. They cancel orders randomly with no emails etc to tell you.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Its not grand until they dispatch it. They cancel orders randomly with no emails etc to tell you.

Had no problems with the Pixel so hopefully will be the same with this

I've spent the last hour trying to get the order ro process. Get as far as entering my name and address and then I get error message and can't move onto the last stage to pay and complete the order.

Its half working as I got an email to say I'd registered my account etc.

Tried everything and no joy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭garrettod

yabadabado wrote: »
    I've spent the last hour trying to get the order ro process. Get as far as entering my name and address and then I get error message and can't move onto the last stage to pay and complete the order.

Its half working as I got an email to say I'd registered my account etc.

Tried everything and no joy .

Everyone needs to log formal complaints with them - they need to report stats up the line and in time, it'll be noticed.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

garrettod wrote: »
    Everyone needs to log formal complainta with them - they need to report stats up the line and in time, it'll be noticed.

Is there an email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I bought two black Samsung A21s using Lycamobile number to receive code. They both came unlocked and dual sim as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Canonfan wrote: »
    I bought two black Samsung A21s using Lycamobile number to receive code. They both came unlocked and dual sim as well.

From Vodafone yes?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

DopeTech wrote: »
    From Vodafone yes?

Yes from Vodafone, but I never received confirmation email or dispatch email. Anpost man just showed up at the door with a tiny box :D

Last week the A21s was €50 off now €100 off it's easily bargain of the month if you can get one. Hurry guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The only flaw with the phone would seem to be the screen ,its 720 x 1600 pixels.
    Between now and the start of December is when Vodafone historically run their best offers on phones .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭soso02

I'm with tesco mobile. Say I were avail of this deal and get 100 euro off the A21 by switching to vodafone.
    I have no intention of staying with vodafone however my dad is with vodafone so could he put his sim card into the A21 and use it ?
    My plan then would be to switch from voafone to 48.
    Can anyone confirm this would work ?

Thanks !

soso02 wrote: »
    I'm with tesco mobile. Say I were avail of this deal and get 100 euro off the A21 by switching to vodafone.
    I have no intention of staying with vodafone however my dad is with vodafone so could he put his sim card into the A21 and use it ?
    My plan then would be to switch from voafone to 48.
    Can anyone confirm this would work ?

Thanks !

Yes your plan would work but too much hassle. Just get a free Lycamobile number or request free 085 sim from Eir website, you can also get free Tesco sim if you but €15 top up.

Canonfan wrote: »
    Yes your plan would work but too much hassle. Just get a free Lycamobile number or request free 085 sim from Eir website, you can also get free Tesco sim if you but €15 top up.
    If they're planning on switching from Tesco Mobile to 48 anyway, adding in one extra step porting to Vodafone would seem to be the lesser hassle IMO.

Thanks for the heads up OP, ordered a white A21s.

After you've ordered, register with My Vodafone using the email you ordered with to keep tabs on your order. If you don't get an email with the security token using the registration process, go back to login and select the 'forgot password' option. That worked for me.

I still can't get annoder through, its a shambles of a website.
    I've tried several browsers etc and no luck.

They're asking for bank details for a recurring payment.

How do those who are getting it unlocked and putting in their own sim get around that?

They're asking for bank details for a recurring payment.

How do those who are getting it unlocked and putting in their own sim get around that?

Its a PAYG offer there are no recurring payments, you have to pick one of the PAYG plans to proceed but no obligation to buy and according to a poster above the phone is already unlocked

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its a PAYG offer there are no recurring payments, you have to pick one of the PAYG plans to proceed but no obligation to buy and according to a poster above the phone is already unlocked

Ok, but it eventually says "You will need your IBAN to proceed".

It then presents a page to set up an account!!

Ok, but it eventually says "You will need your IBAN to proceed".

It then presents a page to set up an account!!
    If you select a PAYG phone, it doesn't. You must have selected a billpay phone.

Quackster wrote: »
    If you select a PAYG phone, it doesn't. You must have selected a billpay phone.

I'm on this page....

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a21s.html?gallery=payg

There's a section named "Our Plans". Every plan is "€xx/every 4 weeks". You have to choose one to move on.

Am I on the wrong page to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Anyone get the A21s in store yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm on this page....

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a21s.html?gallery=payg

There's a section named "Our Plans". Every plan is "€xx/every 4 weeks". You have to choose one to move on.

Am I on the wrong page to begin with?

Correct page. Select Vodafone X.

carbsy wrote: »
    Correct page. Select Vodafone X.

I did but it still gives a recurring payment of €20.00 every 4 weeks and brings up the "Create an account below" page.

I did but it still gives a recurring payment of €20.00 every 4 weeks and brings up the "Create an account below" page.

Are you choosing "Keep my number" and "Pay as You go" on the next page?

https://i.imgur.com/ire21ex.png

Has anyone successfully ordered a payg A21s in the last couple of hours?

Are you choosing "Keep my number" and "Pay as You go" on the next page?

https://i.imgur.com/ire21ex.png

Definitely.

• Advertisement

Has anyone successfully ordered a payg A21s in the last couple of hours?
    Yes. No issues.

The '€20 every four weeks' message is just telling you the cost of the PAYG plan you're signing up for, it doesn't actually mean you're going to be automatically billed €20 every four weeks.

Definitely.

So on what page does it ask you for your IBAN etc.? The following page? Can you attach a screenshot?

So on what page does it ask you for your IBAN etc.? The following page? Can you attach a screenshot?

When I moved on from https://imgur.com/ire21ex a little window pops up (and disappears after about 2 seconds) saying that I would need my IBAN etc.

However this time I went ahead and by the time I got to "3. Review order" the recurring 20 quid has disappeared, I wasn't asked for bank details and I successfully ordered.

Surely others saw the "IBAN required" window.

Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭smilgy

Anyone know this is available in store?

Does anyone think there might be more/better offers closer to black Friday or is this is as good as it'll get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Does anyone think there might be more/better offers closer to black Friday or is this is as good as it'll get?

They could well reduce other phones by €100 but thinking back to last year... things didn't really change much. If anything they were more expensive prior to Christmas. Then again who knows tbh.

• Advertisement

smilgy wrote: »
    Anyone know this is available in store?

Here's what it says on the website at the top of the "Pay as you go phones" page....

Call and collect in your local store by calling (01) 539 3078 from 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Saturday (12:00 to 18:00 on Sundays)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

How do you know if your order went through? Ordered on Saturday and I got an email confirmation immediately but still can't make an account.

I have had 2 orders cancelled last year but I've never had one go through so don't know what to expect. thanks

Website says they're out of stock of the A21s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭smilgy

Here's what it says on the website at the top of the "Pay as you go phones" page....

Call and collect in your local store by calling (01) 539 3078 from 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Saturday (12:00 to 18:00 on Sundays)

Just gave Nutgrove a ring there, appear to only have it for 50 euro off. Tried ringing Tallaght but could not get through, unless anyone else wants to try. Nutgrove had stock anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭soso02

BatMaths wrote: »
    How do you know if your order went through? Ordered on Saturday and I got an email confirmation immediately but still can't make an account.

I have had 2 orders cancelled last year but I've never had one go through so don't know what to expect. thanks

I'm the same. Took 24 hours to receive the confirmation email and have no way of accessing the tracking information as no myvodafone account. I did chat via live agent today and they said the order is released for picking and to allow 3 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement