Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Down and Holiday Pay

Options
  • 19-11-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm toying with the possibility of folding up after Christmas. I just had a query on holiday pay.

If I am going to pay staff two weeks notice and they have holiday days outstanding, would this be included in their notice or not.

Redundancy is a different issue I know, but purely addressing the notice period at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm toying with the possibility of folding up after Christmas. I just had a query on holiday pay.

If I am going to pay staff two weeks notice and they have holiday days outstanding, would this be included in their notice or not.

Redundancy is a different issue I know, but purely addressing the notice period at the moment.

Thanks

No it's not included. Note there are different requirements for notice periods based on time served.

It might be worth using a HR service to handle this, it can be tricky enough to comply with redundancy procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

davindub wrote: »
    No it's not included. Note there are different requirements for notice periods based on time served.

It might be worth using a HR service to handle this, it can be tricky enough to comply with redundancy procedures.

On the redundancy get advice from a HR/Legal expert and make sure your covered and have all the consultation meetings noted, documented and signed and copies of letters sent to staff in place and order. Its a pain in the back side and added stress on top of the other worries and liabilities of closing up

Advertisement