If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference (Samsung UE75RU7020 v UE75RU7100 )

Options
  • 19-11-2019 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi RS,

Whats the difference between the 2 models, I cant find any difference between the 2 except for USB recording?? Is the 7020 a 2018 and the 7100 2019? 

Is the price on the 7020 the Black Friday price??

Thanks
    Paddy

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Hi RS,

Whats the difference between the 2 models, I cant find any difference between the 2 except for USB recording?? Is the 7020 a 2018 and the 7100 2019? 

Is the price on the 7020 the Black Friday price??

Thanks
    Paddy
    Hi Paddy_man,

There aren't too many panel differences between the two models. As you say the RU7100 has USB recording however the main difference is the design. The 7020 has a heavier casing and the RU7100 has a lighter casing and slightly slimmer bezel. The panels are almost identical though in terms of spec.

The 7020 model is one of our Black Friday offers that has been reduced early.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Hi Paddy_man,

There aren't too many panel differences between the two models. As you say the RU7100 has USB recording however the main difference is the design. The 7020 has a heavier casing and the RU7100 has a lighter casing and slightly slimmer bezel. The panels are almost identical though in terms of spec.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, my buddy will likely be ordering the 7020 today or tomorrow :)

Have a good evening,
    Paddy

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Hi Paddy_man,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David,  my buddy will likely be ordering the 7020 today or tomorrow :)

Have a good evening,
    Paddy
    No problem at all Paddy_Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

To add to this I see the 7400 version for approx 100 extra. Is it worth the extra outlay? How does the usb recording work? I will have this tv connected to an aerial, Netflix and also want to use the Samsung Eurosport app with it

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Casati wrote: »

To add to this I see the 7400 version for approx 100 extra. Is it worth the extra outlay? How does the usb recording work? I will have this tv connected to an aerial, Netflix and also want to use the Samsung Eurosport app with it
    Hi Casati.

The 7400 series has a different stand and also a satellite tuner built in.

The USB recording you would need a compatible USB hard drive. Yoiu can then use the programe guide to record stations and also pause live TV.
    Plugging in the HDD acts a bit like a freeview recorder box.

Any questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.