Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deprogramming Verona Murphy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Allinall wrote: »
    Yep.

Alleged bullying allegations. (Apologies for the double alleges)

Massive difference to what was claimed.

In what world is there a massive difference between bullying allegations, and bullying allegations?
    I said she ran on it...then took it back...then said FG censored her. Sounds like a good pick...apart from the bullying allegations.
    What bullying allegations?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Crazy Woman?
    The language out of you guys is absolutely shocking, vulgar, Misogynistic and utterly denigrating.

The mask has certainly slipped off over the last while.

You're easily shocked.

SF threw Melissa O'Neill out because there were videos of her harassing and bullying her neighbours.

She has associated with well known extreme far right racists like Grand Torino who helped her launch her campaign snd Gemma O'Doherty. Well known Neo Nazi Michael McGrath is a big supporter.

Disability Federation of Ireland had to ask Melissa to stop suggesting she was a DFI community leader and stop using his image becauae of her dangerous anti vax campaigning.

I have no problem calling her a crazy woman.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

You're easily shocked.

SF threw Melissa O'Neill out because there were videos of her harassing and bullying her neighbours.

She has associated with well known extreme far right racists like Grand Torino who helped her launch her campaign snd Gemma O'Doherty. Well known Neo Nazi Michael McGrath is a big supporter.

Disability Federation of Ireland had to ask Melissa to stop suggesting she was a DFI community leader and stop using his image becauae of her dangerous anti vax campaigning.

Ahh yeah Sinn Fein have a few skeletons in the closet too don't they.. Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

You're easily shocked.

Yes you have no problem with the gutter we all know. Some day you might have a bit of self awareness..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,356 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Sadly, the common tactic of the ever-projected far left to slate anyone who thinks differently than they do / threatens their ideology. Casey had/has numerous valid points in relation to a certain demographic which most would agree with (those without wool firmly pulled over their eyes). Other nonsense too yes, but thats the same with most politicians. This PC BS today is causing a massive rift to open. There is no such thing as free speech, unless you fit the populist bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Last thing the country needs is another waste of space independent in Leinster House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

no.8 wrote: »
    Sadly, the common tactic of the ever-projected far left to slate anyone who thinks differently than they do / threatens their ideology. Casey had/has numerous valid points in relation to a certain demographic which most would agree with (those without wool firmly pulled over their eyes). Other nonsense too yes, but thats the same with most politicians. This PC BS today is causing a massive rift to open. There is no such thing as free speech, unless you fit the populist bill.

I'm not for putting asylum seekers in some de-programming camp.
    Don't let yourself think that somebody who thinks differently is something something....
    Take your 'PC bull' and not make assertions yourself.
    Casey and Murphy took valid concerns and used them to try cadge votes. Even if people have genuine issues these charlatans are taking folk for a ride by playing on genuine concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Last thing the country needs is another waste of space independent in Leinster House.

As opposed to the likes of Darragh Murphy I'll take the independents any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It’s amazing that Leo went and canvased door to door with Verona Murphy in Wexford after she made her speech about immigrants then today he comes out and says that he’s glad she lost.
    That is some hypocrisy. How does he explain it at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yep.

Alleged bullying allegations. (Apologies for the double alleges)

Massive difference to what was claimed.

Post of the day in any way. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

It’s amazing that Leo went and canvased door to door with Verona Murphy in Wexford after she made her speech about immigrants then today he comes out and says that he’s glad she lost.

It shows what a hypocrite Leo is ,he speaks from both sides of his mouth .He is some joker ,how he gets away with it is just beyond me .Imo he might have missed the boat on being re elected Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

He has zero integrity or backbone and is PC to the core- that’s far more important to him than the security and protection of the Irish taxpayers. Contemptuous

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Casey and Murphy took valid concerns and used them to try cadge votes.

That is what politicians are supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes you have no problem with the gutter we all know. Some day you might have a bit of self awareness..

Looking at the stars as Oscar Wilde said...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm not for putting asylum seekers in some de-programming camp.

Neither is she

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Neither is she

Where was the ‘deprogramming’ supposed to take place then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

road_high wrote: »
    He has zero integrity or backbone and is PC to the core- that’s far more important to him than the security and protection of the Irish taxpayers. Contemptuous

Leo doesn't give a hoot about Ireland or the average PAYE worker. He is angling for the top job in Brussels and wants to stay as PC as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Twould be nice if she ran in the election as an independent and split their vote.

You'd know full well if she got elected that Varadkar would be delighted to do business with her to form another minority coalition with independents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Twould be nice if she ran in the election as an independent and split their vote.

You'd know full well if she got elected that Varadkar would be delighted to do business with her to form another minority coalition with independents.

She needs money behind her and set up a new party. People are literally crying out for a non PC/liberal/leftie type political organisation to vote for. We as a country are in dire need of that now more than ever.

• Advertisement

Leo doesn't give a hoot about Ireland or the average PAYE worker. He is angling for the top job in Brussels and wants to stay as PC as possible.

He doesn’t- the first priority of any Taoiseach should be the Irish people but he’s more worried about giving socks to foreign leaders. Couldn’t give a hoot about the peasants in a place in Wexford and can’t understand why they aren’t all PC like he is. This woman got over 9500 No 1s and he basically rubbished all that because it doesn’t fit with his own narrow view of the world and how we should be. I think actually he had major personal issues about his own ethnicity and allows those to colour his views in migration. Not able to differentiate between the two.

I was only saying this. If she got elected he may need her vote to support a minority government. But he’s so politically inept that he doesn’t see that it care. I could never imagine Bertie Ahern being so naive err power

She needs money behind her and set up a new party. People are literally crying out for a non PC/liberal/leftie type political organisation to vote for. We as a country are in dire need of that now more than ever.

I think there’s enough of those going nowhere parties tbh. She should stick as close as possible to FG as those are the core votes she needs. There is a real FG party membership that aren’t interested in PC crap and who want taxpayers money spent sensibly and not wasted on bogus welfare migrants of unknown origin- she should tap into that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Verona a regular on the Tonight show comes across as not very likeable maybe that explains her failure to get elected .

Verona a regular on the Tonight show comes across as not very likeable maybe that explains her failure to get elected .

How would that explain her 9,500 plus No 1s? A massive vote and in a general election would have seen her elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

How would that explain her 9,500 plus No 1s? A massive vote and in a general election would have seen her elected.

FG core vote down there. A chimp in a blue shirt would probably have got as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sole candidate for most popular party in the country, who failed to reflect anything near their support. She’s not got a hope come the upcoming general election.

FG core vote down there. A chimp in a blue shirt would probably have got as much.

All parties have their core votes- so that’s a red herring. Vanilla Mr Byrne has ran in numerous elections for example

alastair wrote: »
    Sole candidate for most popular party in the country, who failed to reflect anything near their support. She’s not got a hope come the upcoming general election.

24% so in or around their support. Are you seriously suggesting it’s a lot higher than this coming off the endless self generated bad news and scandals they’ve been in government for? I don’t think so and it’s why Leo is in trouble and eager to stall the imminent election as long as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

alastair wrote: »

Has anyone got the stats for candidates ,of the party in government winning by elections, it's pretty rare I think

Advertisement