Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deprogramming Verona Murphy

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

papapapascal is another fool

we need loadsa veronas

always liked her sensible and informed contributions to the tonight show and delighted she's independent

• Registered Users Posts: 69,040 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You do realise that she got more than 9,000 first preference votes don't you?

From FG voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She brought this up on the Tonight Show the other night. Paschal stated that illegally immigrants entering Ireland with no paperwork were not a security risk.

Verona's truckers kill far more people in Ireland than any immigrants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

L1011 wrote: »
    From FG voters.

That's an assumption, and more than likely a incorrect one when you take into account that her party colleagues in the constituency were known to be openly canvassing against her being elected for fear of having to compete with her in the GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Verona's truckers kill far more people in Ireland than any immigrants.

What manner of ridiculous statement is that?

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    What manner of ridiculous statement is that?

It is a factual statement. If Verona was actually concerned about risks to people in Ireland, she'd be working to upgrade safety equipment on all trucks to eliminate blind spots and safety procedures to improve checks on trucks.

Instead, she's shouting at politicians to shut down the RSA checks on trucks.

It doesn't really look like she's too concerned about safety to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It is a factual statement...

So is "Toyota Yaris drivers kill more people worldwide than teenage vegans". It's also about as much use. Obviously Murphy is campaigning loudly for anything that makes life easier for hauliers, that's what she does and what she's expected to do. People also need to be more careful around trucks.

jimgoose wrote: »
    So is "Toyota Yaris drivers kill more people worldwide than teenage vegans". It's also about as much use. Obviously Murphy is campaigning loudly for anything that makes life easier for hauliers, that's what she does and what she's expected to do. People also need to be more careful around trucks.
    Maybe I'm naive but I'd have hoped that anyone in a leadership position in a particular industry sector would consider improving safety and reducing deaths as a reasonable priority for them. But not Verona.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Paddy Power has Verona neck and neck with the second Fine Gaeler for the final seat here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It is a factual statement. If Verona was actually concerned about risks to people in Ireland, she'd be working to upgrade safety equipment on all trucks to eliminate blind spots and safety procedures to improve checks on trucks.

Instead, she's shouting at politicians to shut down the RSA checks on trucks.

It doesn't really look like she's too concerned about safety to me.

She's not.

You should see the piles of tired old scrap she runs fully loaded with meat down to Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Maybe I'm naive but I'd have hoped that anyone in a leadership position in a particular industry sector would consider improving safety and reducing deaths as a reasonable priority for them. But not Verona.

Must be a worrying time for a FG supporter??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's an assumption, and more than likely a incorrect one when you take into account that her party colleagues in the constituency were known to be openly canvassing against her being elected for fear of having to compete with her in the GE.
    She had the resources of the party behind her. She's on her own here. A full election is a very different beast.

Must be a worrying time for a FG supporter??

I've no idea. You could try asking one.

I've no idea. You could try asking one.

You seem very worried about an independent that has a chance of taking one of their seats for someone with no interest in FG.

You seem very worried about an independent that has a chance of taking one of their seats for someone with no interest in FG.

FG will be getting a low preference from me, in the hope of knocking Winston Churchtown off his perch. Other than that, I've no loyalty to or interest in FG.

I do have an interest in not seeing extreme right wing candidates take hold in Ireland, so perhaps what you saw as a pro-FG view was just an anti-Verona view.

FG will be getting a low preference from me, in the hope of knocking Winston Churchtown off his perch. Other than that, I've no loyalty to or interest in FG.

I do have an interest in not seeing extreme right wing candidates take hold in Ireland, so perhaps what you saw as a pro-FG view was just an anti-Verona view.

Extreme right wing? In what way? She’s experience and knowledge of the dangers of illegal immigration from her meetings with MI5 etc. Perhaps you know better then the intelligence services?

Extreme right wing? In what way? She’s experience and knowledge of the dangers of illegal immigration from her meetings with MI5 etc. Perhaps you know better then the intelligence services?

Verona in meetings with MI5! :D:D:D:D:D

That's just hilarious. I know better to than to believe that Verona meets with the MI5.

But even if she did, I'd take you right back to my original entry on this thread, about how her beloved truckers kill more people in Ireland than immigrant terrorist.

It's classic Trump/Johnson tactics - blame the immigrants and see how many fools you can get on board.

Verona in meetings with MI5!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Byrne, Browne, D'Arcy, Howlin and Verona Murphy will be elected in whatever order.

Verona in meetings with MI5! :D:D:D:D:D

That's just hilarious. I know better to than to believe that Verona meets with the MI5.

But even if she did, I'd take you right back to my original entry on this thread, about how her beloved truckers kill more people in Ireland than immigrant terrorist.

It's classic Trump/Johnson tactics - blame the immigrants and see how many fools you can get on board.

Verona in meetings with MI5!

Part of her role as head of the Irish Road Haulage Association included attending briefings with MI5 and Interpol. It’s public knowledge. Google is your friend. You have proof of truckers killing people in Ireland? Never the cyclist/pedestrians fault?

Part of her role as head of the Irish Road Haulage Association included attending briefings with MI5 and Interpol. It’s public knowledge. Google is your friend.
    Did you stop for a minute to think about why we never heard of Verona's briefings with MI5 or her anti-immigrant views BEFORE she ran for election?

Verona meeting with MI5! :D:D:D:D:D
    You have proof of truckers killing people in Ireland? Never the cyclist/pedestrians fault?
    It’s public knowledge. Google is your friend.

• Advertisement

Did you stop for a minute to think about why we never heard of Verona's briefings with MI5 or her anti-immigrant views BEFORE she ran for election?

I can see plenty of accidents. None apportion blame to either party.

I can see plenty of accidents. None apportion blame to either party.
    I see plenty of crashes or collisions, not accidents. The word 'accident' was dreamt up by the PR industry working for the motor industry in the 1930s to sanitise the widespread mayhem that cars and trucks were causing on the road, and it stuck.

Gardai, rescue services, Road Safety Authorities don't use the word 'accident' anymore - they talk about crashes or collisions.

Most road deaths and collisions don't involve cyclists or pedestrians. Most road deaths and collisions are motorists killing themselves, other motorists or passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

After her disappointing result in the bi election last year. She's managed to secure a seat this time around.
    Was it the change people were looking for more a protest vote to Leo?

It's well documented that she attended MI5 and Interpol briefings that were arranged by the EU.

After her disappointing result in the bi election last year. She's managed to secure a seat this time around.
    Was it the change people were looking for more a protest vote to Leo?

I think it has more to do with the fact that the electorate saw through the media hysteria and trust her to do a good job.

The realization for FG now should be that the vote in the bye election was nothing to do with the FG party vote and was all down to people voting for her,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No hysteria. She said what she said and apologised and retracted.

It's well documented that she attended MI5 and Interpol briefings that were arranged by the EU.
    Where are these documents please?

Where are these documents please?

Documented means recorded.

It's referenced in the following articles:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/do-we-have-to-wait-to-have-a-london-bridge-incident-on-wexford-bridge-verona-murphy-insists-shes-not-a-racist-38798926.html

It would be normal for the EU commission to invite heads of industrial representative groups to attends information sessions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

She says this herself. I'd be interested in knowing just what these briefs contain.
    She was the head of an industry group. It's not like she was working as a security analyst or a spook.

Presumably it was a seminar where they gave a general discussion to ensure that industry personnel were aware of the issues. I seriously doubt British intelligence services provided anything that wasn't public knowledge with civilian truckers groups.

• Advertisement

Documented means recorded.

It's referenced in the following articles:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/do-we-have-to-wait-to-have-a-london-bridge-incident-on-wexford-bridge-verona-murphy-insists-shes-not-a-racist-38798926.html

It would be normal for the EU commission to invite heads of industrial representative groups to attends information sessions like this.

You said it was 'documented'. You've posted a link to her claim that she attended.

I was really hoping that maybe there was some kind of document that confirmed that she attended such a briefing - but sadly no.

Advertisement