Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a locking ammo box?

Options
  • 19-11-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Locking ammo box.

How many have a separate locking ammo box?
    Lad I know doing a substitution, shotgun to shotgun, and the Gardai are demanding he brings his lockable ammo box into the station for inspection tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willywally

You need one now for the car when your transporting your gun and ammo. The ammo must be in a locked box and your gun has to be out of sight. According to my local FO a simple suitcase lock on your shooting bag with your shells inside will do the job as it meets the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Willywally wrote: »
    You need one now for the car when your transporting your gun and ammo. The ammo must be in a locked box and your gun has to be out of sight. According to my local FO a simple suitcase lock on your shooting bag with your shells inside will do the job as it meets the guidelines.

Bring him out and show him the glove box in the car if its lockable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willywally

I have an old plastic tool box with lock in my boot. Holds 300 shells so suits me lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Any box will do as long as it can be locked. I have an old steel ammo can that I drilled a couple of holes in so that I could insert a padlock and lock the box.

Below is a box for €9 that would do the job nicely. Just put a padlock around the handles and it becomes a lockable box.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/storage-case-for-200-cartridges-en-s10511.html

You probably have loads of boxes/cases etc. that can easily be adapted to be lockable without spending any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Could also get an military surplus ammo box for 15 quid or so, available at surplus shops, and lock it with a padlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Locking ammo box.

How many have a separate locking ammo box?
    Lad I know doing a substitution, shotgun to shotgun, and the Gardai are demanding he brings his lockable ammo box into the station for inspection tomorrow.

For the record I'd show the Gardai the box for peace sake but this isn't a requirement for doing a substitution. It's the Gardai going off on a solo run and making up sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I have a good size tool box from a tractor that will suit.
    Just my mate feels that he is getting the run around for a simple sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

BattleCorp wrote: »
    For the record I'd show the Gardai the box for peace sake but this isn't a requirement for doing a substitution. It's the Gardai going off on a solo run and making up sh1te.

Will they never learn ? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

oldgit1897 wrote: »
    Will they never learn ? :rolleyes:
    Not while people dance to their tune. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I have numerous sized ammo boxs, but to be honest couldn't be arsed to feck around with them.

I bought the Decathlon €9.00 boxs. Bought one originaly in the shop, perfect for rifle ammo and a few boxs of cartridges etc for rough shooting..... then bought one on line as a go to storage case for lamps, radios etc. When the decoying and pest control starts again then I've enough convenient space for 500 cartridges!

No flapping around buying latches and drilling holes, get a padlock for the predrilled holes and your away.

I have its bigger brother in the shape of a gun case for 7/8 years or more still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I have a good size tool box from a tractor that will suit.
    Just my mate feels that he is getting the run around for a simple sub.

He is! Tell him to take his missuses old traveling makeup case ,if that has a cruddy 50 cent lock that a 10 year old could open with a paper clip its still legal,and give those hard of not exceeding their lawful remit and duty,somthing to think about.:P:P:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

You can get one at the Protac shop in the Curragh .

https://www.protac.ie

Advertisement