Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent Transactions

Options
  • 19-11-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have been hit with a series of fraudulent transactions, summed up to 8000 euros. There are different vendors, I don't know if its appropriate to name them. The transactions started yesterday and I noticed them today. I have blocked my card. Reported to bank. Should I file a police report?

But what are the chances that I will get a reimbursement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud on your account.

Please be assured if you have reported these unexplained transactions to one of my colleagues in the Card Security Team, they will do their best to retrieve these funds. Once the funds have been retrieved they will become visible on your 365 online account as credits.

Yes, it may be worth while to report this to your local police station. They can log their own report and liaise directly with our Security Team if necessary. 

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here on Boards, if you have any other queries in relation to this. Alternatively, you can certainly call our Card Security Team by phone on 01 488 54 66 and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement