Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBD Products

• 19-11-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if many have used CBD products and what their experience of it was/ is. Have you tried it, did you find it beneficial?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Boss smelled weed out of somebodies van in work before, he tried to say it was CBD oil. He was eased out about a month later. I think the boss was afraid to accuse him of anything in case of legal action. He got refused any pay rises, his overtime ground to a halt, he got all the jobs nobody wanted then he threatened to leave and his bluff was called.

Doing agency work now. I never liked him. Not because of the CBD just because he was unlike able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

A married couple I know use Foria Awaken Lube. I saw it by accident on their bedside locker when I was using bathroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I tried the oil but didn't really notice any benefits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Got some oil, should be called snake oil because it is total BS. Noticed it is under the same heading as homeopathy on the Holland & Barrett website, shouldve known, paid 20 quid for a little bottle of orange flavored oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Tails142 wrote: »
    Got some oil, should be called snake oil because it is total BS. Noticed it is under the same heading as homeopathy on the Holland & Barrett website, shouldve known, paid 20 quid for a little bottle of orange flavored oil.

That's what you get for shopping in the McDonalds of health stores.

• Advertisement

OP, stay away from Facebook pages and the likes of Holland and Barrett.

Have a look online for products reviewed independent from the store and be sure it's Co2 extracted.

Stuff works wonders for my sciatica, which has helped me sleep a lot better. You can get decent vape juice too, if that's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Andreas77 wrote: »
    A married couple I know use Foria Awaken Lube. I saw it by accident on their bedside locker when I was using bathroom

What were you doing using the bathroom in their bedroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I ordered some 30mg Ecoplus capsules from CBD Ireland with a view to giving it to my parents to try. I'll give it a shot myself too. They publish the lab results which seem sound.

The product is cO2 extracted and the company is very well reviewed per TrustPilot.

I found this article in the Examiner interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

BDI wrote: »
    What were you doing using the bathroom in their bedroom?

I'm not entirely sure you'll want to hear the explanation but I definitely do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I tried the oil but didn't really notice any benefits.

Yea i tried it as well (ate it with porridge)with no effect.it was like putting washing up liquid into the porridge)but she did say if that didn't work there are stronger ones.but i didn't bother.im afraid id be driving into work caked off my head.

• Advertisement

Yea i tried it as well (ate it with porridge)with no effect.it was like putting washing up liquid into the porridge)but she did say if that didn't work there are stronger ones.but i didn't bother.im afraid id be driving into work caked off my head.

It's not psychoactive, so no buzz I'm afraid. That's why it's on the shelves.

Does provide me with a sense of calm though, but nothing mind altering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

GooglePlus wrote: »

Yea i realise that but it has to have some effect.maybe the relaxing one like you said.what strength? do you use?

Yea i realise that but it has to have some effect.maybe the relaxing one like you said.what strength? do you use?

I wasn't relaxed, the mental chatter just eased off and I felt calm as a result.

THC gets you stoned, CBD won't. You can have buckets full and still drive to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I bought some in Spain last week. It is 1000mg dose I think, but I don't know how much to take. Made in Italy and has great reviews.

Might try a drop or two with a bit of chocolate some day. It was bloody expensive like 55 quid or something. But nice to have to show it off, as the non Holland Barrett variety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've heard mixed reviews about it.
    Generally you need to get a strong dosage of ot 1000mg and not 100mg.
    Also avoid places like Holland and Barrett.
    It also depends on what you want it for.
    The drops are meant to be the best for pain followed by the calpusils.
    The vaping liquid is meant to be best for anxiety or insomnia.

GooglePlus wrote: »

Is it not just a placebo effect though? I felt pretty calm and got a good night's sleep after taking it, but then I wasn't exactly stressed or sleeping badly before I took it. I'd say any difference it makes is fairly negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Friend with bad Parkinson’s tried a few brands and strengths but it made no difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got 10mg capsules in H&B 3 weeks back.
    2 per day is the dosage, so I take one at 9am, one at 9pm roughly!
    I honestly think it's a total placebo affect. This particular product for sure.

Willing to try others though, like GooglePlus said H&B isn't great.

Anyone any suggestions from sites they used for stuff they feel works, like J Mysterio did but with a URL? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I find it great for my back pains. Friend has 90 year old grandmother suffering with usual 90 year old ailments, taking CBD and swears by it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

_Brian wrote: »
    Friend with bad Parkinson’s tried a few brands and strengths but it made no difference at all.
    because without THC its like placebo at best, any clinical trials done used way higher dosages then anything on the market, as for CBD being available over the counter since its proven to be harmless and little to none side effects many exploit it same as say advertising some supplement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Is it not just a placebo effect though? I felt pretty calm and got a good night's sleep after taking it, but then I wasn't exactly stressed or sleeping badly before I took it. I'd say any difference it makes is fairly negligible.

What were you expecting a poppy's spinach type effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Tried some last month, now I'm a heroin addict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

What's the strongest placebo legally available?

Lol

I'm convinced it is BS after my foray, had 400mg product and took 10 times recommend dose and still nothing. Too much jargon, make sure it's full spectrum, co2 extracted, use drops for sublingual absorption for maximum effect etc. Wish it did work to cure all my ailments but there ya go, caveat emptor, buyer beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What's the strongest placebo legally available?

Lol

I'm convinced it is BS after my foray, had 400mg product and took 10 times recommend dose and still nothing. Too much jargon, make sure it's full spectrum, co2 extracted, use drops for sublingual absorption for maximum effect etc. Wish it did work to cure all my ailments but there ya go, caveat emptor, buyer beware.

The strengths I know of are
    100mg.
    200mg.
    250mg.
    450mg.
    500mg.
    950mg.
    1000mg.
    1500mg.

They may be a few others but anything under 500mg wouldn't be much use.
    Those who I know have taken may ween themselves off it by going onto 500mg.

debok wrote: »
    What were you expecting a poppy's spinach type effect?
    I assume you mean popeye. No I just tried it to see what all the fuss was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Try it - you have nothing to lose.
    Only buy brands that are reputable and not covered in multicolored wrappers etc - like anything you get what you pay for.
    It helps with anxiety, calm, can help reduce inflammation, sore joints / back etc - not a cure by any means but definitely beneficial.
    Similar to over the counter drugs - people will find the effects differently it just depends on your tolerance.

No negative side effects to be expected (unless you buy some cheap Chinese knock off version) - no stoned feeling no head high etc totally safe to use on a daily basis and be fully operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

_Brian wrote: »

he probably needs THC and other beneficial chemicals of the male plant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have a friend who is a regular user. He drops it between his lip and his bottom tongue a few times a day or as he likes. He regularly uses THC for leisure use also. Before anyone pipes up he is very tech savvy and has his own business, he is one of the smartest people I know.

I was a regular cannabis user but eventually it started to cause me mental problems. I started developing periods of paranoia, even after use and chose to give it up. In saying that I have often taken a few pulls if someone is smoking in the vicinity. It can be very enjoyable.

I met a couple of blokes who were smoking CBD in a smoking area during the summer. I told them about my paranoia issues and they said it was not a factor with CBD because the THC was absent. I smoked with them for around an hour. Initially great fun until the paranoia kicked in..... I had to make my apologies and leave. Getting paranoid is no fun, I turn into a complete cabbage. I even thought the taxi driver was going to kidnap me ….not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I ordered some 30mg Ecoplus capsules from CBD Ireland with a view to giving it to my parents to try. I'll give it a shot myself too. They publish the lab results which seem sound.

The product is cO2 extracted and the company is very well reviewed per TrustPilot.

I found this article in the Examiner interesting.

Are these the ones that you bought J? :)

https://irelandcbd.ie/product/ecocap-bottle-900mg-active/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are these the ones that you bought J? :)

https://irelandcbd.ie/product/ecocap-bottle-900mg-active/

That's them, yep.

Advertisement